It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to introduce pot legalization legislation in 2017

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
As I thought, nothing but a poor understanding of, well, everything.
I ask for evidence, and all I get are opinions.

As for the Queen...you must mean the Queen of Canada....you know, the one that fulfills the Monarchy portion of our Constitutional Monarchy.

Or can only us plebs hold two titles concurrently?

The only thing interesting about your posts are the level of delusion.

How about you start with actual sources...like, I don't know...the Bank of Canada Act. You know, the actual law surrounding it.

The BOC have not followed the law, bna or constitution since 1973 and are being taken to task via legal actions. The Queen is an offshore ruler and Canada conforms to the definition of a colony. Hello?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
The BOC have not followed the law, bna or constitution since 1973 and are being taken to task via legal actions.

The only current cases against the BoC pertain to Canadians wanting the BoC and the Federal government to pull a scam absolving the Federal government of some of our debt. Funny thing about the cases heard so far...they never pass mustard for actual evidence. They love to throw around claims of foreign ownership, bout can't provide any actual proof. Especially when the Fed's show the courts where the ownership shares are...in Canadian hands. They also love to through around claims that the BoC forces the Canadian governments (Fed/Prov/Muni) to borrow from foreign lenders. Which is horse crap. The Canadian governments have always borrowed mostly from Canadians, and whomever provides the best interest rates to cover anything they couldn't get internally. They have been doing so since we decided to join the big boy, global market place.

I guess we could do what they want, and lock foreign investment out...but, I'm pretty sure that the same people calling for this change would be the first to cry when the major recessions hit.

You want the Canadian government to only borrow from Canadians...simple, every time there is a bond drive, pony up money.

The Queen is an offshore ruler and Canada conforms to the definition of a colony. Hello?

The Queen is a Canadian Citizen. Here geographical location in the world matters no more than mine. I leave Canada all the time. I even manage to run my business while away. It's crazy...almost magical. Or it is just the norm for a large number of Canadians, including our Queen.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Trudeau is quite a "character", he boxes too:

www.youtube.com...

How every political debate should be settled...on the steps of the House.

Brazeau completely underestimated Trudeau's previous boxing experience...and provided lots of laughable commentary until he lost.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

So the Green Party never challenged it ever!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Mexico may move in the right direction as well with medical as a start.
"Pena Nieto says Mexico to move to legalize medical marijuana"

In a stark policy shift, Mexico President Enrique Pena Nieto told the United Nations that Mexico will move to legalize marijuana for medicinal use and raise the amount that would be de-criminalized for personal consumption.

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

And so they should. And why is the UN always apart of everything?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

And so they should. And why is the UN always apart of everything?

Not that I agree with an apparent move to violate a country's Independence, but they claim to be worried about violating international drug treaties. Bit of info on the issue of it;

The United Nations recently flexed a bit of muscle by sending out a briefing to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, advising the Liberal government to explain to world leaders how they plan to legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana without violating international drug treaties.

Several other countries are believed to have received a similar warning. The UN’s memo indicates that a number of nations have expressed interest in reforming their policies on marijuana and other drugs, and will be forced to plead their case during the UNGASS gathering in April.

Many argue that the United Nations does not have any real authority over the issue of marijuana legalization; otherwise Uruguay would have created an international incident when it became the first country in the world to establish a legal framework for weed. But Uruguay was actually forced to answer to the same harassment tactics as Canada and Mexico – only leadership stood up to the UN by refusing to pull back on their plan in the interest of public health.

Last summer, Juan Andrés Roballo, the president of Uruguay’s National Drug Board submitted a report to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights defending the country’s decision to legalize marijuana despite the argument that the country’s plan was “incompatible with what is stipulated in the 1961 Convention.” Although the UN claims it is keeping a watchful eye on Uruguay, even on the United States, nothing has been done to avert legalization.

Source

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Thanks for that. Considering it was promised as part of an election platform it would look pretty lame to claim ignorance of these treaties now.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

edit on 0720160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

hehe Intrepid, you're right he's a mommys boy
who's mommy also happened to be very familiar with the pot culture wayyyy back when. She's probably the reason he's giving it the thumbs up! She taught him well

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join