It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to introduce pot legalization legislation in 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
globalnews.ca...

The Liberal government announced Tuesday that it plans to introduce legislation legalizing marijuana in the spring of next year. Health Minister Jane Philpott made the announcement during a special session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York regarding drug use and drug-related crime.

“We will introduce legislation in spring 2017 that ensures we keep marijuana out of the hands of children and profits out of the hands of criminals,” Philpott said. “While this plan challenges the status quo in many countries, we are convinced it is the best way to protect our youth while enhancing public safety.”

Hey, for all of those who say they'll move to Canada if Trump wins have something to look forward too!!! Canada, America's Amsterdam!!

I don't know much about that new guy in charge over there but I know he's ridiculously young looking and that his father was also a major politician but I saw this YouTube video the other day and I'm impressed.

edit on 20-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This is fantastic!

I can not wait for the day that this wonderful resource can be cultivated for its myriad of uses.

The day is quickly approaching when we will look back on theses oppressive days as the dark age it has been!

Great job Canada!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Great timing. Just celebrated the holidaze myself in fact - Swills, love you bro I actually mentioned you on the "Who are your faorite people on ATS" thread earlier today. You the man!!

Thanks for the story, haha check out "RastaMouse" if you have a chance today - it's a great children's TV Clayation show about a Rastafari Mouse and his friends who fight crime in Jamaica.

S & F happy holiday and respect from VerMont

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

peep game - this is Legendary

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2016 by FamCore because: dbl

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Pierre, this PM's father, was loved and hated by the same people at the same time. Yeah, figure that one out.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Pierre, this PM's father, was loved and hated by the same people at the same time. Yeah, figure that one out.

Yeah, Pierre was loved by the international bankers especially when he privatized the bank of canada in 1974 and handed the reins over to the IMF and Goldman Sachs. Between 1974 and 1978 the bankers made a tidy 600 billion dollars. The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the rotten tree.

The first thing the spawn of Pierre was supposed to do was legalize pot. Now it's delayed 1 to two years and he pisses away hundreds of millions of dollars on immigrants (for the globalists bankers) while our troops are screwed with and our homeless ignored. The assclown should charged with treason for listening to traitors and following their orders.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/20.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

C'mon. We ALL know that legal pot won't happen until Uncle Sam says we can. Pierre would have flipped the Bird at Washington. Justin? He's his mother's child. He'll play nice.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I predict Canada leading the way in medicinal marijuana for sure, which Big Pharm may or may not like. Why BigPharm isn't working more with cannabis is beyond me.

Happy 420 everyone!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Seriously, could this news have come out on a better day?

Thanks for the love and I'll be sure to check out the thread and the show, but GoT starts Sunday, so...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Loved and hated by the same people all at once? That is odd, I'm used to good ole American political polarization where one group hates the other, mostly.

How do you feel about his son? I know it's early but what are you thoughts? Did you vote for him?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well that's a bummer. I was presently surprised there's a 2017 date! I couldn't imagine what a sitting president would have to do to legalize pot in the US on a federal level. Just thinking about attempting to do it as prez already gives me a headache.

But, I do not trust any banker ties. What are his son's connections, I mean besides his father, does he work with the Big Banks and support their shenanigans? You know, like US politicians do?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Then this will be his first major test to see what he can do and how hard he tries to do it.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Loved and hated by the same people all at once? That is odd, I'm used to good ole American political polarization where one group hates the other, mostly.

You have to understand that our "small" culture is linked to that HUGE one just kilometers away. Yes KM's.
Pierre put things in place for Canadian content. Tried to keep us..... us. Despite his spending. That was important at the time.

How do you feel about his son? I know it's early but what are you thoughts? Did you vote for him?

I didn't vote. It was a hard one for me. My MP is AMAZING. He should be leading the Conservative party and he's in the talks.
But up here when you vote for a local person you are also voting federally. I LOVE my MP but hated and will for years, hate Harper.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yeah, I need to brush up on how you guys do politics up there, as in learn about it but whenever I hear Harper's name it's never followed by compliments!

So you're a Canadian conservative? Any resemblance to conservative America? Reading your posts I would have no thought you one.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It is no coincidence that he is making this announcement at the UN. They are just one of his obsticals

The Liberal policy means that Canada will have to amend its participation in three international conventions:

— The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961, as amended by the 1972 Protocol;

— The Convention on Psychotropic Substances of 1971;

— The United Nations Convention against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances of 1988.

"All three require the criminalization of possession and production of cannabis," says the briefing note.

LINK

For now those are his obsticals. If, and that is a BIG IF, Liberal the kid gaims enough traction in the international stage, he is going to find a much more difficult fight here at home with his own federal police force.

Canada spends a serious chunck of their policing budget on marijuana offenses. Those are jobs. Legalized marijuanna isnt going to create "more jobs" per se becuase those jobs are already here, from manufacturing equipment to cultivation to point of sale and the doctor that diagnosed you with sleep deprivation.

The way it is Its all local minus the seeds but that is for diversity and would be the case even if was legal, only Monsanto and Cargill will be deciding what diversity you are entitled to.

Federal legalization is going to a have a lot of backlash from the police association.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, I need to brush up on how you guys do politics up there, as in learn about it but whenever I hear Harper's name it's never followed by compliments!

Yeah and the Conservative MP's that would speak agree. He was a tyrant. Took the party over.

So you're a Canadian conservative? Any resemblance to conservative America?

WAY different. Although there are some things I agree with.... just not with the same vehemence.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I glad.

Canadians are such uptight, tense, nervous people hat they need something other than that weak beer to calm themselves down.

/just kidding

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Deadpool is Canadian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join