It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major severe weather outbreak in the southern plains - 04/26/2016 - 04/29/2016

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I guess I'll add both Wichita and Topeka NOAA for Kansas.

Topeka bullet points there's instead of just posting the notepad version.

I don't claim to be any kind of pro, just an amateur weather watcher since I was a kid. Russell to Medicine Lodge to Great Bend puts these storms developing right around Central to West Central Kansas along I-135 as it goes up from the Oklahoma border toward Salina and points north. Russell is west of Salina along I-70. Great Bend is west of McPherson which about halfway between Wichita and Salina along I-135 in case anyone is interested in some orientation.
edit on 26-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for adding that, feel free to add any content about your area, as I'm sure as today progresses many watches and warnings will go up..

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
SPC extends the 10% chance of tornado risk through north central Texas...

A 10% chance of a tornado in any given location is a high chance of seeing one, so this is not good news, today is one of those days I wish for the cap to remain, or storm inhibited by some unknown factor, unfortunately that is not the case and the outbreak will occur, strangely the models are diverging on how the outbreak will evolve but all of the models agree that it will occur.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Anyone else have ATT uverse and internet in the area? My tv and internet have been losing its signal quite frequently this past week and went down again a few minutes ago. It's back up now but I am concerned it will go out again this evening when we have the severe weather coming.

Anyone know what's going on with it?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I don't, however if you are on the third story in an aparenent building that is concerning, is there anywhere you could go like a hospital (on the first floor) within a mile if you come under a warning?
edit on 26-4-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I have both - I am in SW Arlington (pretty close to Mansfield and Kennedale and haven't had any issues yet...

Whatever tornadoes we get I hope are not too devastating, since pretty much everyone I know doesn't have a basement nor storm shelter here...

Going to keep a close eye on this thread today.

I leave Duncanville at 530 ish pm and have to head home towards ft worth on i20, should I probably leave at bit early today?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

If you can leave alittle early do so, the storms are expected around 6pm and onward, but this is liable to change..

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

If you can leave alittle early do so, the storms are expected around 6pm and onward, but this is liable to change..

These things generally travel northeast correct? I'm just adding to my plan if there is a long track F4 or F5 heading my way to maybe jump on 287 headed down southeast. Our little laundry room is interior, no windows, surrounded by walls, pipes and large appliances but that will do nothing with a big enough tornado. Granted my home is all brick (older 1970s construction), so that may help us some...

I know thats not generally advised but I just am finalizing all my contingencies for tonight...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Things are already jumping in Kansas City. My mom-taxi drive as all kinds of fun. Drove through hail somewhere between dime and quarter size myself, but there were some pockets where the hail reached almost baseball size (glad I missed that). High winds and heavy rain also made a royal muck of things. Got to see some spectacular clouds boiling around though.

Also lightning hit the power lines near our house. Fire truck with lights on was parked right by my driveway when I got home, and several breakers in the house were tripped. Now I'm boxed in by a power truck. Hopefully they fix it before I have to leave to pick up the kiddo.
edit on 26-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

HI Tech, just popping to ATs to see if you have a thread up on the storms here in Midwest over the next couple days.

Could you start a new one so we dont have to wade through an older one to find the critical info on the current events?

I have not been on ATS for quite a while and while battening down the hatches was in great hopes of a heads up thread from you... Pretty please?

Animal behavior has been wild, bee's are now swarming and acting like they are looking for safe haven. Birds are unusually silent and in storm modes sending out the get ready sounds...

Thanks my friend, need to know when to duck and cover.

xo

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Oh boy heard early this am that those storms are going to loop south towards us a bit north of Springfield mo. Glad your Mom is ok.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

AHHH shoot, never mind that post about a new thread, jumped on and saw the 20th date and then jumped back to the end of the thread, excuse me...

Perhaps just have Mods edit the Op with which page to begin on for Today? I feel very concerned...
edit on am430amTue, 26 Apr 2016 09:09:48 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I don't, however if you are on the third story in an aparenent building that is concerning, is there anywhere you could go like a hospital (on the first floor) within a mile if you come under a warning?

I will have to play it by ear. I work until around 6-ish but then later I have to check on a friend's dogs around 8pm. Since it might be later when it hits, and if there's a tornado headed here, I will most likely run to a friend's lower apartment and head to the interior hall.

But I hate to leave my two cats. I know it sounds crazy but they're like my children and I don't want to abandon them. I could try and take them with me but have you tried getting cats in a carrier? Total war breaks out!!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

These things generally travel northeast correct? I'm just adding to my plan if there is a long track F4 or F5 heading my way to maybe jump on 287 headed down southeast. Our little laundry room is interior, no windows, surrounded by walls, pipes and large appliances but that will do nothing with a big enough tornado. Granted my home is all brick (older 1970s construction), so that may help us some...

I know thats not generally advised but I just am finalizing all my contingencies for tonight...

Generally, but some have gone straight east and some have gone southeast (I saw that in Oklahoma City a few years ago)

Tornadoes can also turn in a different direction so be VERY CAREFUL if you plan to outrun one.
edit on 26-4-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Not only does total war tend to break out, but when they're on edge because of weather, it only makes it worse. Been there, done that.

I still remember the time when I was trying to juggle my younger sister and three cats into the basement when I was in high school. I finally had to give up on the cats and just get her safe. I felt awful because I could hear them tearing around the upstairs like mad trying to get out. We were lucky and the storm passed us over, but it doesn't make you feel less the bad person.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That must've been awful. Glad it passed you over!

If loud thunder cracks, they scramble under the bed. My problem is my bedroom faces west and has three big windows so it's dangerous to be in there during a wind event.(My building is at the end, too, so there's nothing to shield it from the high winds. Great view, though!) But try and pull them out from under the bed they scream bloody murder! You give up, LOL.

They love sleeping in the closet and they have blankets so it won't be hard to get them in there before it turns bad.

edit on 26-4-2016 by texasgirl because: Added more

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

SPC current hail reports from the 10:15 SPC storm report:

1210 225 LANCASTER ATCHISON KS 3957 9530 2.25 INCH HAIL REPORTED. (EAX)
1219 150 1 WNW EDWARDSVILLE WYANDOTTE KS 3908 9484 (EAX)
1220 100 3 WNW PARKVILLE PLATTE MO 3921 9473 (EAX)
1235 100 5 NE WEATHERBY LAKE PLATTE MO 3929 9463 (EAX)
1247 125 EDGERTON PLATTE MO 3951 9463 (EAX)
1250 100 1 N TRIMBLE CLINTON MO 3949 9456 (EAX)
1307 125 10 SE PLATTE CITY PLATTE MO 3926 9465 (EAX)
1309 100 PLATTSBURG CLINTON MO 3956 9446 PEA TO QUARTER SIZE HAIL ... VERY HEAVY ON GROUND. (EAX)
1322 100 BLUE SPRINGS JACKSON MO 3902 9428 PENNY TO QUARTER SIZE. (EAX)
1342 175 5 N BLUE SPRINGS JACKSON MO 3909 9428 REPORTED AT LAKE CITY AMMUNITION PLANT (EAX)
1342 150 LIBERTY CLAY MO 3925 9442 QUARTER TO PING PONG SIZE HAIL ... REALLY FLAT THOUGH. 150 HWY AND 291 INTERSECTION. (EAX)
1347 100 LEE'S SUMMIT JACKSON MO 3891 9438 50TH AND TODD GEORGE RD ... PEA TO QUARTER SIZE HAIL. (EAX)
1407 100 RICHMOND RAY MO 3928 9397 PEAS SIZE TO QUARTER SIZE HAIL ... STILL COMING DOWN. (EAX)
1410 100 INDEPENDENCE JACKSON MO 3909 9435 VIA TWITTER (EAX)
1413 125 ODESSA LAFAYETTE MO 3900 9395 VIA TWITTER (EAX)
1427 100 COLUMBUS JOHNSON MO 3885 9388 (EAX)

The 1st 3 digit group on the left tells the size of the hail in inches and decimals of an inch.
NOAA SPC

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First hail report out of Oklahoma:

1523 100 2 NNW WARWICK LINCOLN OK 3572 9702 (OUN)

The SPC storm report site from my above link updates every 5 minutes so I suggest all who are interested check in often.
It will report tornado, hail, and wind as they are observed. Very useful site.

Edit: I should add that the 1st 4 digit data is the time in Zulu (GMT) and 24 hr format. So for central time zone deduct 5 hrs.

edit on 26-4-2016 by quercusrex because: add info

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Listener pic from the local AM talk radio station here in Kansas City. Legends is a shopping center out by the Junction of I-435 and I-70 on the west side of town where the Kansas Speedway NASCAR track is. This would probably be the same storm in the Atchison description above.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
SPC upgrades north Texas into the moderate risk! All of north Texas is under the same risk as Oklahoma and Kansas!! Going to be a wild ride in a few hours...

As you can see they are discussing two rounds of storms as a laid out last night analyzing the WRF model, this is a serious situation, would not be surprised if PDS (particularly dangerous situation) watches go up this evening.. Stay tuned and weather alerts guys and gals.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join