It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love my Mexican and Latino friends but I've come to a final conclusion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That's it ATS. I've drawn my final conclusion on my position regarding illegal immigration. I've allowed many of you into my thought process involved in problem solving my position over how I feel about illegal immigration coming over the southern border and I want to share my final conclusion with you.

We have to stop enabling corrupt politics and enslaving our neighbors to the south by offering a pressure release valve for them to escape the condition their country is in.

I came to the realization that they are like drug addicts and that by allowing the people of that nation an easy way out we are both hurting them and us at the same time.

I really like a lot of the friends I've made from Mexico but this is the cold hard truth. It will serve us all better in the long run and eventually lead to an open border policy with Mexico and better future trade deals similar to what we have with Canada.

I'm sorry Mexico but I look forward to you rebuilding and our future relationship.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
wrong forum.
should have posted in the trump section.

its weird how illegal immigration dates back to before I was around.
what are you suggesting exactly

edit on 20-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

It's the truth I realized it when I watched the video with Bush talking about how were the release valve.

I have a lot of drug addicts in my family and I know all too well.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's not about Mexican or Latino. It's about who follows the law to be here and who does not. There are lots of people here illegally from all over the world. It is just lazy and convenient for the media to make this a Latino issue and all about people who hate Latinos and Mexicans when that really isn't a whole lot to do with it for a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I hope that you don't mind if I've broken your solution down in to two steps:

We have to stop enabling corrupt politics.

We have to stop enslaving our neighbors to the south by offering a pressure release valve for them to escape the condition their country is in.

Okay.

The corrupt politics thing? That's kind of vague. Let's just accept that politics are corrupt. Can you bullet point three main things that our corrupt politics add to the problem of illegal immigration?

Finally, how do you propose that we "stop offering" your proposed "pressure release valve"?

Can't wait, thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One thing at a time.

Small goals achieve big goals.

Once the world sees us hardline stance against illegal immigration everyone will stop trying to get here by the thousands.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I'm not going to sit here outlining why I feel corrupt corporate and political policy has made this issue worse. Your going to have to think for yourself on that one.

By investing some of our tax dollars in empowering states to shut down business who take advantage of illegal labor, and by enabling states to empower border patrol and come up with solutions to their border problems.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What about white Europeans with work visa's, should we as a country keep allowing these people to take our jobs?

Should we end the work visa program?

Close our borders, and make checkpoints everywhere to make sure every ones papers are in order?

Should Americans from the USA be allowed to go abroad?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Why would we end the work visa program?

Plenty of Latinos take advantage of that program as well why would we end it?

Are you trying to paint me as a racist?

I thought you were smarter than that to be hones.
edit on 4/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is just lazy and convenient for the media to make this a Latino issue and all about people who hate Latinos and Mexicans when that really isn't a whole lot to do with it for a lot of people.

Apparently Trump thinks it's a Mexican/Latino issue. He wants to build a wall along the southern border after all.

One problem though...Corporate America is addicted to under the table cheap labor. How is that problem going to be addressed, being as how it's Corporate America that is the real controlling entity in America; not politicians.

The politicians are merely pawns in the corporate oligarchy. Capitalism run amok....

Even Trump hires illegals....

www.nationalreview.com...

www.weeklystandard.com...
edit on 20-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'm not going to sit here outlining why I feel corrupt corporate and political policy has made this issue worse. Your going to have to think for yourself on that one.

Thanks for getting back. Yeah, I already have. But why aren't you going to sit here and outline your thoughts? What else is going on? I honestly wanted to know.

By investing some of our tax dollars in empowering states to shut down business who take advantage of illegal labor, and by enabling states to empower border patrol and come up with solutions to their border problems.

That all sounds interesting. What about empowering states to shut down the businesses that accumulate around where these folks live after they've "immigrated" that wield legal instruments that grant them what I have come to refer to as "incremental citizenship". Those businesses, that handle that paperwork, are like a border within our border. Have you ever seen them? States, or some reasonable-thinking-#er, should be empowered to shut that # down, too. Wadda ya think?

And while we're on it? What's your opinion on the Chinese? Since you are from Cali? I see at least as much Chinese (illegal or "morbidly-legal") immigration as "Mexican" (you know these folks are from all over Central and South America).

edit on 20-4-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

They take our jobs; at our local bank they replaced all the tellers with workers from abroad that worked for less money than locals. (these were white Europeans)

Do you feel this is a good thing?

Racist, know I know your not from our past discussions.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think he brought it up because a huge chunk of "illegal immigrants" are actually people who came here legally but had their work visas expire. Or came here legally as tourists, but overstayed their tourist visa. Or came as tourists, found themselves needing money, and decided to work here without getting a work visa. Or were no longer working for the company that got them the work visa, which can be a violation of it.

All of those groups also count as "illegal immigrants", which is why some people prefer the term "undocumented workers". People usually talk as if "illegal immigrants" are simply Hispanic people who illegally cross a border, when that's not the case at all.

edit to add: Ok, maybe he didn't bring it up for those reasons lol. I may have just been projecting.
edit on 20-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: thanks obama...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I'm against the import of cheap illegal labor.

Being a Florida native and having lived in California for so long it is obvious that the biggest problem with illegal labor is the influx from the south.

I'm addressing Latinos specifically because in California it's just right in your face.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You really believe you can stop the corrupt politicians?

You believe this is only a Latino thing?

You do know there are many that bring in the drugs that lawyers, doctors, police, teachers, judges and your every day 'joe' purchase?

You know that the cheap labor keeps your lemons at 33 cents and oranges at 50 cents? Which American is going to work for $5 a day in the hot sun picking oranges, or detailing cars, cleaning houses or construction?

Anyway after you watch 'A day without a Mexican ', get back to me.

For future reference, don't believe the election is 'what it is ', America is trillions in debt, unless a reset happens, there's no way out of this.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

being as how it's Corporate America that is the real controlling entity in America;

:

That right there is where republicans drop the ball.

They love to criticise the gov't for how slow,corrupt and inefficient the gov't is .

However they stop the blame on the gov't and completely overlook that the Private industry and corporations are the ones that are corrupting the gov;t with their lobbying money,campaign finance, and MSM positive PR. They also overlook that when gov't is wasteful a big Private lobbying corporations is there to benefit from that wastefulness and private lobbying corporations created and drafted many of the gov't policies.

Then you have the Democrats on the other side completely overlooking the corruption and the interaction between the gov't and the private industry and suggesting bigger gov't is the answer. Like making a corrupted entity bigger with more power is the answer.

Both democrat and republican political cheerleaders need to get their heads out of their arses.

The Illegal immigration exists because BOTH the DNC and the GOP talk about everything but the real issue. The real issue is top lobbyist like the agriculture , hospitality, and construction industry who directly benefit from cheap undocumented labor and they give illegals incentives to come here.

prosecute the corporations hiring them 50K per illegal and they will stop hiring them. If they stop hiring them and stop giving them incentives to come they stop coming.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

prosecute the corporations hiring them 50K per illegal and they will stop hiring them. If they stop hiring them and stop giving them incentives to come they stop coming.

Who is going to prosecute the corporations hiring illegals. The corrupted justice department, DAs on the take, State prosecutors that know very well their economies rely on cheap labor.

Trump hires illegal undocumented workers...who's going to prosecute the Donald?

The naivete of those that have no idea how the American economy works is astonishing.

edit on 20-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
That's it ATS. I've drawn my final conclusion on my position regarding illegal immigration. I've allowed many of you into my thought process involved in problem solving my position over how I feel about illegal immigration coming over the southern border and I want to share my final conclusion with you.

We have to stop enabling corrupt politics and enslaving our neighbors to the south by offering a pressure release valve for them to escape the condition their country is in.

I came to the realization that they are like drug addicts and that by allowing the people of that nation an easy way out we are both hurting them and us at the same time.

I really like a lot of the friends I've made from Mexico but this is the cold hard truth. It will serve us all better in the long run and eventually lead to an open border policy with Mexico and better future trade deals similar to what we have with Canada.

I'm sorry Mexico but I look forward to you rebuilding and our future relationship.

Thanks for listening.

You cannot make blanket statements like that concerning ANY large group of people...

Aid, welfare, gifts, immigration status, really anything, is going to effect every human being differently.

Some may use welfare as a platform to achieve more out of life, some will use it as a crutch.

Some Mexicans come to America to rape and pillage.....

Some come to work hard and become Americans..

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Thanks for your honest replies!

Cheap imported labor is not something I can agree with either!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join