It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado School District Arms Security Guards With Rifles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A Denver area school district has "decided" to arm their security guards with semi-auto rifles.

Don't know if schools anywhere else are doing this, but it might be an indication of extreme paranoia and over-thinking.

Perhaps it's some kind of liability insurance "suggestion".

Maybe it's an experiment in social engineering.

Police departments are "militarizing", why not school security?

Anybody have closer knowledge of this?

A suburban Denver school district is arming its security staff with military-style semiautomatic rifles in case of a school shooting or other violent attack, a move that appears unprecedented even as more schools arm employees in response to mass violence elsewhere.

The guards, who are not law enforcement officers, already carry handguns.

Douglas County School District security director Richard Payne said he decided to spend more than $12,000 on the Bushmaster brand rifles for the district's eight armed officers to give them the same tools as law enforcement, including the sheriff's deputies they train with. Payne said the rifles will be kept locked in patrol cars, not in the schools.

School.Masters or Bush.Masters ?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its a sad state of affairs when this is happening in your schools. Probably a pilot project too. All I can say is I am happy to live in a country where getting ahold of a gun is no easy task.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Overkill driven by emotional paranoia.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I think thats the most likely explanation, especially considering the rifles will be locked away in a patrol car and hence not of much real use!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A Denver area school district has "decided" to arm their security guards with semi-auto rifles.

Don't know if schools anywhere else are doing this, but it might be an indication of extreme paranoia and over-thinking.

Perhaps it's some kind of liability insurance "suggestion".

Police departments are "militarizing", why not school security?

Anybody have closer knowledge of this?

A suburban Denver school district is arming its security staff with military-style semiautomatic rifles in case of a school shooting or other violent attack, a move that appears unprecedented even as more schools arm employees in response to mass violence elsewhere.

The guards, who are not law enforcement officers, already carry handguns.

Douglas County School District security director Richard Payne said he decided to spend more than $12,000 on the Bushmaster brand rifles for the district's eight armed officers to give them the same tools as law enforcement, including the sheriff's deputies they train with. Payne said the rifles will be kept locked in patrol cars, not in the schools.

School.Masters or Bush.Masters ?

Can't be.

Hillary was clear : people with guns are "terrorists"
So, by Hillary's definition, Colorado is putting "terrorists" in schools ?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm guessing that there won't be any shootings in that school.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I like it.

search "Israeli teacher with gun", works well for them...

Gun-free zones are for liberals and suckers.

Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

How is protecting children with the same people that protect our worthless politicians "extreme paranoia"?

I'd much rather have the kids protected than the useless sniptards, that created this situation!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm guessing that there won't be any shootings in that school.

Yeah till the FBI gets to one of these uptight assholes and sends him in loaded for bear...SSRIs anyone?.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is a grand psy-op. Get the kids used to living in a garrison state.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Of course with all the shrieking on the internet about the collapse of the system coming....maybe they are planning to hold the children hostage against the parents.....
Vee Haff Your Keeds!
Nobody moves...turn in your veapons....
You....yes you....you haff parents now liffing in zee oldt country? ?.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

It's happened before.

In November 2007 sheriff's deputy Tyler Peterson, 20, was asked to leave a late night house party in Crandon, WI.
He walked back to his truck, pulled out his department-issued AR-15, kicked in the door, and commenced to shooting all who remained in the house, killing six and leaving a seventh with debilitating injuries.

edit on 21-4-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join