It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I have explained my reasoning before. Their reasoning I am sure will one day come out

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Noinden

I still can't believe you guys are still trying to explain this stuff to these people...

The dead horse is decayed and rotted away... And theres been no ground gained in any of these arguements

Except perhaps pointing out that religious fundies are a little thick

They (atheists) are still at this and can't let go because they can't deny the fact. God did it is the only logical explanation for the existence of the universe.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Nope we're just not going to let you make such a ridiculous statment without any proof or evidence.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Nope we're just not going to let you make such a ridiculous statment without any proof or evidence.

Proof has been provided very early on. YOU (atheists) just can't take it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No it wasn't. Poetic verses are not proof of anything. So you can't claim facts or truths. Nice try though little one. One day you just might make it to the big kids table. Until than keep lying on forums if that's what keeps you going.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No it wasn't. Poetic verses are not proof of anything. So you can't claim facts or truths. Nice try though little one. One day you just might make it to the big kids table. Until than keep lying on forums if that's what keeps you going.

Still don't get it after all these pages?

Earth "hanging upon nothing" merely means 'floating in space' in a layman's term (of our time).

It's so simple.

There's nothing to interpret.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You are right there is nothing to interpret. Not like other people of other religions haven't made a similar statement. Or the fact that in conflicts with statements like "the earth was set on it's foundations".

Sorry man but your simple statement is proof of nothing.

However the creation account in genesis is proof of divine inspiration. But you won't touch that topic. Just start your next God did it thread so we can pull apart the lack or proof evidence and facts once more. This one's finished.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Noinden

I still can't believe you guys are still trying to explain this stuff to these people...

The dead horse is decayed and rotted away... And theres been no ground gained in any of these arguements

Except perhaps pointing out that religious fundies are a little thick

They (atheists) are still at this and can't let go because they can't deny the fact. God did it is the only logical explanation for the existence of the universe.

Except not all of THEY are atheists... as they have stated many times...

So what makes you think... IF God did it... it was YOUR God, and not theirs?

And "because the bible says so" isn't a valid answer

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I am not an atheist neighbour yet "I am still at it"! Get your facts straight.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You are right there is nothing to interpret. Not like other people of other religions haven't made a similar statement. Or the fact that in conflicts with statements like "the earth was set on it's foundations".

However the creation account in genesis is proof of divine inspiration. But you won't touch that topic. Just start your next God did it thread so we can pull apart the lack or proof evidence and facts once more. This one's finished.

Like I said, you can't see it because you refuse to look at it.

In any case, let me try again - it's not the word itself that is the PROOF. It's the IMPLICATION of what was said.

In other words, the knowledge of KNOWING that the 'earth is floating in space' or "hanging upon nothing" almost 4000 years ago is what makes the words profound and significant.

If it took around 4000 years later to confirm that the earth is floating in space, that nothing solid was holding it in space (as once thought), how did the writer know?

Where did he get the information from?

The only logical explanation is a divine source. Someone with knowledge of space and time.

Hence, God did it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I am not an atheist neighbour yet "I am still at it"! Get your facts straight.

excluding you then.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And it's been said over and over that number one his statement wasn't that special. Number two it's not very accurate. If you want to think thats evidence that god did it good for you. That's a product of your confirmation bias.

I'm perfectly willing to believe in a creator being if there was actual evidence but that is not evidence of anything but a lucky observation. I have also pointed out scriptures that you completely ignore because they conflict with science 100%. You can't cherry pick vague statements as proof while ignoring the mountains of evidence showing the inaccuracy of the bible.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

And it's been said over and over that number one his statement wasn't that special. Number two it's not very accurate. If you want to think thats evidence that god did it good for you. That's a product of your confirmation bias.

I'm perfectly willing to believe in a creator being if there was actual evidence but that is not evidence of anything but a lucky observation. I have also pointed out scriptures that you completely ignore because they conflict with science 100%. You can't cherry pick vague statements as proof while ignoring the mountains of evidence showing the inaccuracy of the bible.

Not cheery picking anything - in fact I'm still on this one verse so as not to confused you.

So aside from a divine source do have any information where the writer of the Bible got his information from?

If you do, provide evidence for it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Maybe you forgot this scripture as well.

For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and He has set the world upon them. (1 Samuel 2:8)

There the writer says the Lord has set the earth on pillars.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

No you are conveniently ignoring everything that conflicts with science because it ends your weak argument and you falsely claim I am confused when I understand completely.

As it's been stated over and over the earth doesn't hang at all. It spins. The writer had no knowledge of that whatsoever. Just because he made a lucky guess that there is nothing holding the earth doesn't mean god did it. That is an illogical leap and assumption.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Really? Atheists are the ones that can't let it go? Refresh my memory again, who made this thread? Who made the thread from a year ago with the same topic and kept disappearing for months only to return and bump it for no reason? Who made the majority of anti evolution / anti science threads in this section again?

Who is REALLY not letting things go? That is hilarious. You don't see me making a new anti religion thread every few months and re-bumping it every time folks forget about it while adding nothing new.

It seems the only people not letting things go are the religious folks that can't stand the fact that evolution is based on logic and science, while religion is based on faith. How difficult could it be to accept this and to promote your faith based on the positive things it has done for the world, rather than lying about how it is more logical than facts.

In other words, the knowledge of KNOWING that the 'earth is floating in space' or "hanging upon nothing" almost 4000 years ago is what makes the words profound and significant.

No, that is what makes your position so easily dismissed. First it's wrong, the earth isn't floating in space, it is revolving around the sun because of gravity. It is not hanging on anything. Funny how you are getting "hung up" on semantics from the bible, when there are so many contradictions with reality depicted in that book. You are definitely cherry picking. You accept any and all science that even loosely supports any single thing in the bible, but dismiss and ignore any and all science that contradicts it. Just stop. You aren't convincing us of anything, despite the constant preaching.
edit on 5 9 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Maybe you forgot this scripture as well.

For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and He has set the world upon them. (1 Samuel 2:8)

There the writer says the Lord has set the earth on pillars.

One at a time - just answer my question

Aside from a divine source do have any information where the writer of the Bible got his information from?

That the earth is floating in space or "hanging upon nothing"?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Really? Atheists are the ones that can't let it go? Refresh my memory again, who made this thread? Who made the thread from a year ago with the same topic and kept disappearing for months only to return and bump it for no reason? Who made the majority of anti evolution / anti science threads in this section again?

Who is REALLY not letting things go? That is hilarious. You don't see me making a new anti religion thread every few months and re-bumping it every time folks forget about it while adding nothing new.

It seems the only people not letting things go are the religious folks that can't stand the fact that evolution is based on logic and science, while religion is based on faith. How difficult could it be to accept this and to promote your faith based on the positive things it has done for the world, rather than lying about how it is more logical than facts.

No, that is what makes your position so easily dismissed. First it's wrong, the earth isn't floating in space, it is revolving around the sun because of gravity. It is not hanging on anything. Funny how you are getting "hung up" on semantics from the bible, when there are so many contradictions with reality depicted in that book. You are definitely cherry picking. You accept any and all science that even loosely supports any single thing in the bible, but dismiss and ignore any and all science that contradicts it. Just stop. You aren't convincing us of anything, despite the constant preaching.

Then don't reply. Simple as that.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

There are several others posting, who I know who have faith, but are also not creationists. Your assertion is thus proven wrong.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Then don't reply. Simple as that.

I'll tell you what. You stop making new threads with numerous lies in them and I'll stop replying to them.

If you just wanted to offer your opinion and explain your faith, I'm fine with that. The difference is that you always take it to another level and attack science and all people that believe differently than you do. You also claim your faith is proven fact. It's not. Why can't you promote your faith in a positive way instead of using it to bring others down?
edit on 5 9 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join