It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

It's accurate in how you worded it yes. Very well crafted language. Very nicely done.

However, as we both know the implication was about satisfying the claim that the Earth is the center of the Universe which it is not. Even though while on the earth it is the center of our viewing distance all around us. That's all.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Can you prove we are not at the very center of the universe?
Tell us all about the boundries of our Universe I'm rather interested to hear everything you know...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Tell us all about the boundries of our Universe I'm rather interested to hear everything you know...

In this context yes. Because what that theory also includes is not just that Earth is at the center but that being in the center is the Actual Center from of which all other Bodies in the Universe revolve around. Like the axle of a wheel. This is in fact not true. We are not the axis point from which everything is revolving around. What's more interesting actually is that it is the same for everywhere in the universe. So there is no center from which everything revolves around. However, visually as you were mentioning before, everywhere you are will look like the center.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

And still no proof that god did it. Fifty five pages of beliefs and no facts.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Did you really expect something different???

It's sort of sad too when you think about it. Because life, the Universe, Time, Love, etc. just everything, existence itself is both a horrid freak show sometimes and the most amazing and magnificent experience we know of and we don't even know hardly any of it. The mysteries and everything are amazing and to just pass it all over by saying "God did it" seems like such a waste.

Science and knowledge lead us down some scary paths that's for sure. But it's only because we're not much more than retarded monkey's with a whole lot of potential. So it's our fault not the knowledge itself. But to pass up all the things we know now and throw away what we've learned and our possible futures by thinking we've got that answer and that answer is just some magic invisible man who does everything seems like the laziest wasteful choice to make.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yes, because we revolve around the sun, and the sun revolves around the galaxies center, the universe couldn't revolve around the earth, or it be at the exact center...

The center model didn't know everything was moving, they thought it was static back then.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Burden of proof. If you wish to claim the earth IS the center of the universe, you need to show evidence of this. The opposition does not need to prove something is not true.

The earth isn't even near the center of our galaxy, let alone the universe. The earth is part of the universe and constantly moves along with the sun, galaxies and everything else. It could be argued that there is no center since everything is expanding outwards as a result of the big bang. So unless the earth is the epicenter for the big bang, it is not the center of the universe by any stretch of the imagination. We already know it's not the epicenter, and the solar system was formed 9.2 billion years AFTER the big bang.

That's just what we have going against the idea, but if you have some evidence that the earth IS the center, I'm all ears.
edit on 5 8 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The earth is the center of the universe because god said so and the bible is the word of god therefore the bible is infallible. Lmao

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Ahh but where did Jehovah/Allah state that the Earth was the center of creation? The Church? Yeah, but they are men, not a Deity.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I gave you a star for this...
One of the few I have ever given you...
It seems many people are so confused they believe God wrote the bible or that believers believe this to be true...
What is more revealing however is the use of such as an argument especially when done so with bliss and the overall level of self satisfaction portrayed...
Now that's funny...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

We have to be the center because god created the entire universe so he could create mankind and then destroy them then let them repopulate and then destroy them once again. Therefore we are the center of the universe.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Despite not being a member of the Abrahamic family of faiths, I do know my history

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That however is the argument of man, rather than something from the Bible. It is even MORE damning that the Leaders of the church allow this thinking, saying things their God never did

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yes it is. And the bible was also written by men. Compiled by men. Translated and interpreted by men.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No argument there. However the bible does not say the earth is the center of everything. They must have forgotten to make that clear. If I am going to pick on something, I make sure it is something it says/said.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Good point.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

After all I know a group of are tired with the origins of life being inserted into the theory of evolution. Also these people are giving enough fodder to mock as it is.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It's funny but no matter how many times it's stated that evolution doesn't address the origin of life it still gets ignored. And you are correct there is plenty of fodder.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It gets ignored as they need for abiogenesis/proteogenesis to be included, for their arguments to stand a chance of gaining any traction. Just as the moment a bit of evidence is introduced, they ignore it, or state it is wrong. Not HOW it is wrong, just that it IS wrong.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I still can't believe you guys are still trying to explain this stuff to these people...

The dead horse is decayed and rotted away... And theres been no ground gained in any of these arguements

Except perhaps pointing out that religious fundies are a little thick

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join