It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I've pointed this out but he said that's not true because God promised it would remain forever lol. I can't stop laughing this is so funny.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I've pointed this out but he said that's not true because God promised it would remain forever lol. I can't stop laughing this is so funny.

It's like a merry go round.

Argue the bible is scientific - get proven wrong - argue same point with same argument - get proven wrong - argue new point - get proven wrong - argue same point again - get proven wrong - argue old point again - get proven wrong. And so on and so on till the sun expands and destroys all life on Earth.

I've yet to see one point made in this thread that even proves God exists, let alone the bible is true.

I had tears about 10 minutes ago I was laughing so hard.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: edmc^2

No that's what you want ecclesiastes to mean. That is YOUR interpretation. The verse in no way implies that the earth will not perish. It does state clearly that the earth was set on its foundations and will not move. How you make that out to be a promise by God that it will remain forever is not logical at all. It's dishonest.

Don't forget genesis has the creation order wrong. Oh yeah you just ignore that. Pathetic.

Here's another way of putting it:

[Psa 104:5 ESV] "He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved."

[Psa 104:5 KJV] "[Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever."

[Psa 104:5 NLT] "You placed the world on its foundation so it would never be moved."

[Psa 104:5 RSV] "Thou didst set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be shaken."

to totter, shake, slip
(Qal) to totter, shake, slip
(Niphal) to be shaken, be moved, be overthrown
(Hiphil) to dislodge, let fall, drop
(Hithpael) to be greatly shaken

www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Argue the bible is scientific - get proven wrong - argue same point with same argument - get proven wrong - argue new point - get proven wrong - argue same point again - get proven wrong - argue old point again - get proven wrong. And so on and so on till the sun expands and destroys all life on Earth.

I've yet to see one point made in this thread that even proves God exists, let alone the bible is true.

Glad you're happy!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Unfortunately, you people are revealing the extent of your knowledge. Too shallow to even grasp a simple statement.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

No that's what you want ecclesiastes to mean. That is YOUR interpretation. The verse in no way implies that the earth will not perish. It does state clearly that the earth was set on its foundations and will not move. How you make that out to be a promise by God that it will remain forever is not logical at all. It's dishonest.

Don't forget genesis has the creation order wrong. Oh yeah you just ignore that. Pathetic.

Here's another way of putting it:

[Psa 104:5 ESV] "He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved."

[Psa 104:5 KJV] "[Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever."

[Psa 104:5 NLT] "You placed the world on its foundation so it would never be moved."

[Psa 104:5 RSV] "Thou didst set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be shaken."

to totter, shake, slip
(Qal) to totter, shake, slip
(Niphal) to be shaken, be moved, be overthrown
(Hiphil) to dislodge, let fall, drop
(Hithpael) to be greatly shaken

www.blueletterbible.org...

So your argument boils down to "it's mentioned more than once therefore it's true"?

The earth does not have foundations. It's not hanging. It's not supported. It's in orbit, an orbit that has changed over the years. The planet also wobbles and tilts.

Your argument has failed.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Glad you're happy!

Extremely!

I just love it when people try to find science in the bible and fail.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Unfortunately, you people are revealing the extent of your knowledge. Too shallow to even grasp a simple statement.

A simple statement that has been proven false?

Carry on. I haven't laughed like this in a while.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It's not even mentioned more than once those are just different bible versions. They add words and information that wasn't originally found in the original texts.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It's not even mentioned more than once those are just different bible versions. They add words and information that wasn't originally found in the original texts.

Guess I was laughing too hard to notice. It's still wrong though.

The orbit of this planet has changed. It's tilted. It wobbles. Everything that e=mc2 says it isn't lol.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No too smart to fall for your lack of logic and inability to not assign added meaning to the verrses. But hey the god of the bible was fine with raping unwed women as long as you paid their owner errrr I mean father. How do you justify that one ?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Joecanada11

Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus!

Says the one who is...

using concepts borrowed from ancient philosophers in order to explain their beliefs.

The very same ones who promoted the religious philosophies regarding Zeus and Gaia (Mother Nature) and worshipped these gods as they promoted the evolutionary philosophies ('Mother Nature did it', the laws of nature did it, natural causation regarding the origin of life and subsequent development) described in the video I shared earlier in this thread. Philosophies that haven't changed much in the modern-day evolutionary philosophies.

It's all so ironic. Almost every negative thing evolutionists and philosophical naturalists accuse others of they do themselves, I guess that's the way to draw attention away from your own actions, behaviour and way of illogical thinking. From the 'god of the gaps' to the 'pink unicorn' to the 'flying spaghetti monster' to confusing people what "evolution" or other words mean, to using propaganda to arguments from ignorance, blindly and gullibly believing in myths, being negative people who need to satisfy their pride or have other emotional issues like not being able to enjoy life or not being able to recognize that which influences the way people think about others by using ridicule in a negative manner as a joke just for making a comment about it and pointing out something useful to know about it; I think I'll just drop it here, I can go on for a long while with examples.

edit on 4-5-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Guess you don't understand the concept of a joke? I feel very sorry for you if your religion stops you from enjoying life. Maybe it's time to choose a new one?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I think I've seen you post that ridiculous video about twenty times so far. Then you accuse people who study actual science of using myths and try to promote your sect of religion as facts with no proof. Gone with you shoo shoo

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A simple statement that has been proven false?

Carry on. I haven't laughed like this in a while.

And so am I - Carry on. I haven't laughed like this in a while. Lol!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I think I've seen you post that ridiculous video about twenty times so far. Then you accuse people who study actual science of using myths and try to promote your sect of religion as facts with no proof. Gone with you shoo shoo

So says the one who can't grasp a simple word.

Lol!

pity.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No too smart to fall for your lack of logic and inability to not assign added meaning to the verrses. But hey the god of the bible was fine with raping unwed women as long as you paid their owner errrr I mean father. How do you justify that one ?

Only in the mind of one who has no understanding.

err...the one who can't grasp the meaning of a simple phrase.

Lol!

BTW - another thread is coming up. Hope you enjoy it.
edit on 5-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: btw

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So you're abandoning this thread because you can't prove anything?

We all saw that coming.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So you're abandoning this thread because you can't prove anything?

We all saw that coming.

Nope - expanding it.

As to proving. Done that already. You've just missed it.

Then again, how could you missed it if you're not looking or like joe - unable to comprehend.

Lol!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You've not proven a single thing apart from how you don't understand English.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join