It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Joecanada11

Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus!

I was personally hoping for the morrigan.

edit on 4-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus!

Damn you for making me google something!

(Zeus, Zeus, Zeus, Zeus, Zeus, Zeus)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I've tried. But his condescending God did it case close and absolute inability to address points that were brought up has infuriated me. Especially when members brought up numerous scriptural contradictions and his response was "lol you don't understand a simple phrase like hangs the earth on nothing ".

However you are correct that comment wasn't productive at all.

Agree! It's condescending if it's not true and not back up by logical evidence.

As for the contradictions you keep talking about, there are none but only in your own understanding.

It contradicts (according to you) because you're understanding of it is out of sync and out of context. Furthermore, you're not considering the original words used by its writers. You're confusing figurative words with literal words and with metaphorical words.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why not all of them? It's no fun if there's just one god/dess stomping around.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

a reply to: JoshuaCox

I've tried. But his condescending God did it case close and absolute inability to address points that were brought up has infuriated me. Especially when members brought up numerous scriptural contradictions and his response was "lol you don't understand a simple phrase like hangs the earth on nothing ".

However you are correct that comment wasn't productive at all.

Agree! It's condescending if it's not true and not back up by logical evidence.

As for the contradictions you keep talking about, there are none but only in your own understanding.

It contradicts (according to you) because you're understanding of it is out of sync and out of context. Furthermore, you're not considering the original words used by its writers. You're confusing figurative words with literal words and with metaphorical words.

You also need your little orphan Annie decoder ring. Remember that it only works by the power of imagination...oh wait, that's the green lantern ring. My mistake.
edit on 4-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Coz Zeus is da bestest deity EVA!

Or maybe he isn't?

Who knows. Maybe its really the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

You're confusing figurative words with literal words and with metaphorical words.

Are you sure it's "us" that is doing that and not yourself and the millions would wide?

If you are so sure it's "us" then you would need definitive proof of what's figurative, literal and metaphorical words.

ETA: I won't hold my breath for proof. You've shown none through the whole thread and "given up" when you can't hold your ground.
edit on 452016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You still haven't shown any evidence or backed up your claim of God did it. The best arguement you have is that because there was a beginning (which may not be true ) then there must be a creator.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Sorry to reply to this again, but I think I have the answer!

God = The Flying Morrigan Zeus Monster!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You still haven't shown any evidence or backed up your claim of God did it. The best arguement you have is that because there was a beginning (which may not be true ) then there must be a creator.

I haven't even scratched the surface yet. There's a lot more evidence. Sadly, you won't be able to handle it even if I reveal just one more. If you had a hard time grasping the simple meaning of the poetic words "hanging upon nothing" how much more if I cover the Creation events of Genesis?

Impossible.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

looks like you're having fun. Sorry but if that's the extent of your understanding of the matter, then there's no way for you and your buds to catch up.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I haven't even scratched the surface yet.
True. The surface has zero marks.

There's a lot more evidence.
Sharesies?

Sadly, you won't be able to handle it even if I reveal just one more.
One more would imply you have shared atleast one. You haven't.

If you had a hard time grasping the simple meaning of the poetic words "hanging upon nothing"
Poetic words do not equal proof.

how much more if I cover the Creation events of Genesis?
Oh go on. We all need a laugh.

Impossible.
For you to give proof? I completely agree.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

looks like you're having fun. Sorry but if that's the extent of your understanding of the matter, then there's no way for you and your buds to catch up.

Catch up with your delusions? I caught up years ago. I left those delusions behind me and life got so much better.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Enough with your condescending crap. The only reason your saying we had a hard time with that is because we called you out on how absurd it is. Also you were called out on assiging meaning to the words that don't fit science. Seriously you are hilarious.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Enough with your condescending crap. The only reason your saying we had a hard time with that is because we called you out on how absurd it is. Also you were called out on assiging meaning to the words that don't fit science. Seriously you are hilarious.

Now that's hilarious. I never assigned meaning to it. I just left it as it says - the earth is "hanging upon nothing".

Meaning nothing visible is holding the earth. In layman's term, the earth is floating in space.

Nothing more nothing less. Yet you and your buds claim it's not true. Or to quote you:

the words that don't fit science

I ask how or why, you bring up rotation and orbit.

To which I said, there's no contradiction.

That is:

Fact: The earth floats in space.
Fact: The earth rotates.
Fact: The earth orbits.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

And the earth doesn't hang.

The words "hanging upon nothing" implies the earth is hanging. It isn't.

Next.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hanging on nothing and rotating and spinning at high speeds are two very different things. The point was that you said that term was so scientifically accurate yet it is a vague observation.

Then I brought up Ecclesiastes "you set the earth upon its foundations, it will not move " and you give that a meaning that the earth will remain forever. The author didn't say it will remain he said it doesn't move. It does move though. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Hanging on nothing and rotating and spinning at high speeds are two very different things. The point was that you said that term was so scientifically accurate yet it is a vague observation.

Then I brought up Ecclesiastes "you set the earth upon its foundations, it will not move " and you give that a meaning that the earth will remain forever. The author didn't say it will remain he said it doesn't move. It does move though. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Hanging on nothing and rotating and spinning at high speeds are two very different things.

Sure. They are different things and not a contradiction but a fact.

As for the words: "you set the earth upon its foundations, it will not move ". Again, it's not a contradiction but a promise by its Creator that it will REMAIN FOREVER - in poetic words "it will not move".

It's your understanding that is in contradiction.

BTW - it's not Ecclesiastes but Psalms 104:5

[Psa 104:5 KJV] "[Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever."

[Psa 104:5 NLT] "You placed the world on its foundation so it would never be moved."

[Psa 104:5 ESV] "He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved."

edit on 4-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

One big big flaw.

The earth will not last forever. It will eventually be destroyed by the sun. If not destroyed before that by something else.
edit on 452016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No that's what you want ecclesiastes to mean. That is YOUR interpretation. The verse in no way implies that the earth will not perish. It does state clearly that the earth was set on its foundations and will not move. How you make that out to be a promise by God that it will remain forever is not logical at all. It's dishonest.

Don't forget genesis has the creation order wrong. Oh yeah you just ignore that. Pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join