It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Long as we are all clear...
Anyone can claim "God did it"
And be just as right as those who say he didn't...
I will consider that progress...

Sure. Because nobody can say God did or didn't do anything. I'm not sure if that is progress though. Plus most people should be saying "I don't Know Yet" because that is the only truthful answer. Saying He did or didn't is just lying until they can prove either one of those.

So I would probably say that you're just as wrong as those who say he didn't. But that's semantics I suppose.

True enough, you can't prove the concept of a god one way or the other.

However every testable claim in all the religious texts have proven to be false.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

I'm sorry but this looks like a Hindu faith to me.

The Hindus also had a philosophy about a cyclical universe. So you don't even need to bring up that other thing about death and rebirth. The story that doesn't qualify as a scientific hypothesis (just like other evolutionary philosophies that argue for 'Mother Nature did it'/'Gaia did it') hasn't even changed much (I think I've seen the story about a multiverse somewhere in history as well, same area around Babylon, but I'll have to look that up again).
Check out the video below at 7:00:

edit on 3-5-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What exactly is post modern chatter? I know what post modern means and I know what chatter is. So basically you are saying that anything aside from "god did it" is talk from or about the future?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

The Hindus also had a philosophy about a cyclical universe. So you don't even need to bring up that other thing about death and rebirth. The story that doesn't qualify as a scientific hypothesis (just like other evolutionary philosophies that argue for 'Mother Nature did it'/'Gaia did it') hasn't even changed much (I think I've seen the story about a multiverse somewhere in history as well, same area around Babylon, but I'll have to look that up again).

Good point!!!!!

Honest to god(lol) I have never really compared the other religions to science, after I figured out Christianity was BS....

I'm not well versed in the intricacies of early fertility cults and ancestor worship. But in cursory glance it seems reasonable...

Life was fostered on earth, making it our creator. We are at the mercy of its whims through natural disasters, it guides our evolution, "choosing us".

Making a pretty decent case for god hood, not sure it says much for intelligence tho.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Sounds about right, moving on from a place of ignorance, to a place of knowledge seems like a good thing to me
I say this as a theistic person.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the vid. It's exactly what I thought of when the INFINITE LOOP/CONTRACTION contraption was brought up.

In fact, it is! Because anyone believing in it will practically base it on faith - or blind faith as a matter of fact.

But as a side note - the correct terminology is Cyclic Model.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

oooh, wow, a youtube video. clearly both the uploader and the poster put all kinds of thought into their research when they pulled that one out of the google machine.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

oooh, wow, a youtube video. clearly both the uploader and the poster put all kinds of thought into their research when they pulled that one out of the google machine.

You put a big smile on my face. Lol!

Welcome to the world of the internet in case you have not realized it yet.

and as the saying goes - everything else considered, common sense and logic will always win over the assumed.

Hence, God Did It! The rest is just post-modern chatter!

Case close.

edit on 3-5-2016 by edmc^2 because: case close

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Except you are not using logic or common sense. You've been shown numberous passages of scripture that conflicts with modern scientific knowledge. You ignore it and say God did it. Case is still wide open and you are acting like a 5 year old who doesn't want to give up belief is Santa.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Except you are not using logic or common sense. You've been shown numberous passages of scripture that conflicts with modern scientific knowledge. You ignore it and say God did it. Case is still wide open and you are acting like a 5 year old who doesn't want to give up belief is Santa.

Lol! I don't believe in Santa nor hell.

Next...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

There's as much proof of Santa and the Easter bunny as their is in your god. You've brought nothing to the table except vague verses that have nothing to do with science

I didn't mention hell so I done know why you brought that up.

PS nice comeback your worse than a #ing child. At least they can learn. You are incapable of it. You couldn't even debate any of the hundred conflicting scriptures that were brought up in this positions thread.

GOD DIDNT DO IT, CASE CLOSED BIATCH

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
ah yes, that would make 'Cyclic Model for an eternal universe'. Cyclic(al) universe is a little easier and shorter to type though. The philosophy/idea of a cyclic(al) eternal universe would be about as accurate but even longer to type down.
Interesting how some of those who claim to be so anti-religion are so quick to jump on the bandwagon regarding this particular subject.

Hindu cycle of the universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

According to Hindu philosophy, the universe (or multiverse) never came to be at some particular point, but always has been, always will be, but is perpetually in flux. Space and time are of cyclical nature.
The birth of the universe (Brahma) is followed by the life of the universe (Vishnu) and the destruction of the universe (Shankar) Or (Mahesh).
Thesis of creation

According to Vaishnava scriptures, at first there was only MahaVishnu, who rests on the eternal ocean. When he is asleep, nothing exists. There is only pure consciousness, an infinite potential. With his awakening, there is light and life. Out of his navel comes out Lord Brahma who assumes the duty of creation. In his first act as the creator, Lord creates four sages Sanaka, Sananda, Sanatana and Sanat-kumar, who do not have worldly views due to their devotion to Narayana or Maha-Vishnu, the supreme godhead. So out of his frustration and anger was created Rudra or Lord Shiva.[1] Lord Shiva assumed the duty of destruction at the end of the epochs. Thus the Holy trinity assumed their duties for an endless cycle of creation, preservation and destruction.

Notice the familiar contradiction about "nothing" that I bolded? Sounds like Stephen Hawking (and others again) treating the law of gravity and the universe as "nothing" in his famous phrase about the universe creating itself from nothing.

Some people have swapped out "consciousness" with "Mind", such as John Lennox and those who take their information from him or people who think like him (the whole Greek philosophical thing about the "Logos" and the word "reason" being involved as well). If you can describe it in more detail, be my guest.

I hope Tzarchasm isn't upset that I didn't use a youtube video this time, might not be so conducive for ridicule and trivialization, then again, it's wikipedia...if anyone is really determined to do that or claim that the Hindus got it right and were so awesomely enlightened with their ideas about a navel-produced Lord Brahma. But I guess that part just doesn't count, only the eternal cyclical universe part.
edit on 4-5-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

There's as much proof of Santa and the Easter bunny as their is in your god. You've brought nothing to the table except vague verses that have nothing to do with science

I didn't mention hell so I done know why you brought that up.

PS nice comeback your worse than a #ing child. At least they can learn. You are incapable of it. You couldn't even debate any of the hundred conflicting scriptures that were brought up in this positions thread.

GOD DIDNT DO IT, CASE CLOSED BIATCH

We all do it, but you should really avoid attacking the person and refer to the comment, arguement or political position. Not the actual individual, who just might be an extremely great person....

I try to avoid using words like "you" and such..

None of us have much say so over these type issues so it's just illogical to make it personal.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Eventually they will have to understand that their belief in fairy-tales is bind faith. Science does not prove it. It doesn't even hint that their models of how the universe came to be exist.

They are left baffled and in a quandary.

God is watching and listening to things. Right now, for the time being, he reveals himself to those who he wants to.

He does listen to everyone though.

If you really want proof of God all you have to do is look at creation.

Those who look at it and refuse to acknowledge a Creator behind it after seeing logical proof of his existence probably have a certain mindset God disapproves of. Perhaps it is even a heart condition.

There is nothing wrong is being taught God doesn't exist and believing it, if you have nothing further to base your view on. What is wrong, after studying and seeing the clear proof of God in creation, and still denying him, that takes it to a whole other level. It takes it from naivety to willful ignorance.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP
a reply to: whereislogic

Eventually they will have to understand that their belief in fairy-tales is bind faith. Science does not prove it. It doesn't even hint that their models of how the universe came to be exist.

They are left baffled and in a quandary.

God is watching and listening to things. Right now, for the time being, he reveals himself to those who he wants to.

He does listen to everyone though.

If you really want proof of God all you have to do is look at creation.

Those who look at it and refuse to acknowledge a Creator behind it after seeing logical proof of his existence probably have a certain mindset God disapproves of. Perhaps it is even a heart condition.

There is nothing wrong is being taught God doesn't exist and believing it, if you have nothing further to base your view on. What is wrong, after studying and seeing the clear proof of God in creation, and still denying him, that takes it to a whole other level. It takes it from naivety to willful ignorance.

"All you have to do is believe it all completely without a need for evidence, and it's obvious the Christian God is real."

Lol

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

ah yes, that would make 'Cyclic Model for an eternal universe'. Cyclic(al) universe is a little easier and shorter to type though. The philosophy/idea of a cyclic(al) eternal universe would be about as accurate but even longer to type down.
Interesting how some of those who claim to be so anti-religion are so quick to jump on the bandwagon regarding this particular subject.

Hindu cycle of the universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

According to Hindu philosophy, the universe (or multiverse) never came to be at some particular point, but always has been, always will be, but is perpetually in flux. Space and time are of cyclical nature.
The birth of the universe (Brahma) is followed by the life of the universe (Vishnu) and the destruction of the universe (Shankar) Or (Mahesh).
Thesis of creation

According to Vaishnava scriptures, at first there was only MahaVishnu, who rests on the eternal ocean. When he is asleep, nothing exists. There is only pure consciousness, an infinite potential. With his awakening, there is light and life. Out of his navel comes out Lord Brahma who assumes the duty of creation. In his first act as the creator, Lord creates four sages Sanaka, Sananda, Sanatana and Sanat-kumar, who do not have worldly views due to their devotion to Narayana or Maha-Vishnu, the supreme godhead. So out of his frustration and anger was created Rudra or Lord Shiva.[1] Lord Shiva assumed the duty of destruction at the end of the epochs. Thus the Holy trinity assumed their duties for an endless cycle of creation, preservation and destruction.

Notice the familiar contradiction about "nothing" that I bolded? Sounds like Stephen Hawking (and others again) treating the law of gravity and the universe as "nothing" in his famous phrase about the universe creating itself from nothing.

Some people have swapped out "consciousness" with "Mind", such as John Lennox and those who take their information from him or people who think like him (the whole Greek philosophical thing about the "Logos" and the word "reason" being involved as well). If you can describe it in more detail, be my guest.

I hope Tzarchasm isn't upset that I didn't use a youtube video this time, might not be so conducive for ridicule and trivialization, then again, it's wikipedia...if anyone is really determined to do that or claim that the Hindus got it right and were so awesomely enlightened with their ideas about a navel-produced Lord Brahma. But I guess that part just doesn't count, only the eternal cyclical universe part.

Thanks for the post Logic! If you think about it , it's quite fascinating what's happening in the scientific community as they deal with the ultimate question of the Origin Of the Universe. Many well-known scientist / physicist like Lawrence Krauss, Hawkins, etc try to play the role of a philosopher instead of what they claim they are.

Unfortunately, whether they realize it or not their explanation tend to be more of philosophical nature instead of scientific.

Case in point - Lawrence Krauss is one of the biggest proponents of a "Universe from Nothing".

Which is by chance or necessity similar to the Hindu "Thesis of Creation" you quoted above.

Pure philosophy masquerading as science - by way of the person promoting it.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I've tried. But his condescending God did it case close and absolute inability to address points that were brought up has infuriated me. Especially when members brought up numerous scriptural contradictions and his response was "lol you don't understand a simple phrase like hangs the earth on nothing ".

However you are correct that comment wasn't productive at all.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You put a big smile on my face. Lol!

Welcome to the world of the internet in case you have not realized it yet.

and as the saying goes - everything else considered, common sense and logic will always win over the assumed.

Hence, God Did It! The rest is just post-modern chatter!

Case close.

Opinions (and people) are cheap on the internet.

Yawn.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: QuinnP

Please do provide some of that clear proof of God that you speak of. This should be entertaining.

And which god are you advocating for. Jesus,Odin,Zeus,Romulus, krisha?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus! Please let it be Zeus!

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join