It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well if I'm right than I would be...
The proof would be had to know the difference...
I didn't say I was right and fail to prove it...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Said as if you can prove he didn't...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I couldn't read the entire thread as it went on forever and ever lol.

To create something from nothing is not entirely impossible, God only needed to think of it thus it was done.

On a real note, my thoughts on this whole thing is that there are multiple universes and at certain stages they collide with each other thus a big bang/God created the heaven's and Earth, God being the cause and effect of all live in our universe,,,just a theory.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Which in no way proves that it was GOD. It could be many Gods, a Pasta based superior being, a sneezing goat, or nothing. Jumping to the "as science can not tell, there for God" is a logical fallacy.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No, logical fallacies are just that, a mistake in logic. Poor application of Logic. etc.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Said as if you prove he did. It cuts both ways.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

As long as you are willing to say God did it...
God the creator of the Universe...
That's not me saying who God is...
I have an opinion on that but I didn't attach a name...

Anyway I said if I am right...
I could only ever be right if I am...
So at the point I am right the doubt would be removed God would than exist...
No logical fallacy...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

This statement is nothing compared to mine...

It was much more satisfactory to me knowing that someone who has worked so hard to disprove God had to give up... and removed any attempt to save face before he left in response to his final jab...

The truth is anyone is free to accept "God did it" because nothing can prove he didn't...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The issue with god did it is it's a place holder for the unknown.
It started with explaining rain storms, carried over to eyes, and is now at whatever point people want to use when they just stop thinking.
Newton famously invoked it to explain how the planets kept orbiting, when he was just a few steps away from figuring it out.

And, when you start to fill in "I don't know" with whatever suits your fancy, you can invoke anything. Gods. Fairies, computer games....

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RuneSpider

If any of those things did it...
Guess what?
They would then be God by definition...
As the creator of the Universe...
Still back to "God did it"

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You missed my point.
We don't know what did it.
And that's it.
You can't say that since something isn't known it must be "x."
In the same way it would be foolish to say that I don't know how my coffee ended up on the kitchen counter, it must have been elves.
Because here's the thing, we will probably learn more about the beginning of our universe.
Well, lets back up a bit.
We will eventually learn whether or not the universe has a beginning. Because we don't actually know if it did or not yet.
The Big Bang is certainly how the current universe got to how it is now, but that doe snot necessarily mean that that event was the beginning of what we call the universe.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
The truth is anyone is free to accept "God did it" because nothing can prove he didn't...

The fact is NOBODY can prove that God did it or didn't do it.

However, there is NO Evidence pointing to any God being needed at any point that we do know what happens. Everything that we can Prove, we find NO GOD NEEDED for it to happen.

Everywhere we don't know what happens, we can't say anything. Because we don't know. That answer is still up for grabs. That is where you insist on inserting God. In to the area's where we don't have Proof of something. Now, does that mean you're right?? Nope, not at all. But it doesn't mean you're wrong either. Just like us, you don't know.

The thing is. All those empty spots are getting to be less and less all the time which is why a Living God who interacted with people in the olden days (allegedly) has now become a God that is hidden and outside space and time, whatever that means.

So while there is still some hope that you're right, it certainly isn't looking good so far. So while neither side can Prove anything either way. One side is looking a lot less likely than the other.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Long as we are all clear...
Anyone can claim "God did it"
And be just as right as those who say he didn't...
I will consider that progress...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
No, the person maintaining there is no sufficient evidence is correct.
You can go by the weight of past experience and deduce that like in every other instance where such a claim is invoked, a natural explanation is more likely.
Natural processes, after all, have been demonstrated to exist.
God, however has been moved into an ever decreasing pool of possibilities.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Long as we are all clear...
Anyone can claim "God did it"
And be just as right as those who say he didn't...
I will consider that progress...

Sure. Because nobody can say God did or didn't do anything. I'm not sure if that is progress though. Plus most people should be saying "I don't Know Yet" because that is the only truthful answer. Saying He did or didn't is just lying until they can prove either one of those.

So I would probably say that you're just as wrong as those who say he didn't. But that's semantics I suppose.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You're not doing it right.
God is responsible for all natural processes. And by proxy, all artificial processes.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Right. Basically, there will always be the possibility that an All Powerful God is there and created everything and yet chooses to make itself hidden and make it impossible for anyone to prove it's existence yet be in control of it all.

That is possible because of what the parameters are given to that all powerful God. They would have that ability and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

But I can't think of why that would be the case or what the point would be to do that.

Even proving that God didn't create the Universe could all be a trick if an all powerful God chose to do that as well. It really puts everything into a kind of paradox of knowing anything at all.
edit on 3-5-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Right. Basically, there will always be the possibility that an All Powerful God is there and created everything and yet chooses to make itself hidden and make it impossible for anyone to prove it's existence yet be in control of it all.

That is possible because of what the parameters are given to that all powerful God. They would have that ability and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

But I can't think of why that would be the case or what the point would be to do that.

The interesting thing is, the more we know, the better our record keeping is, the more and more hidden gods get.
Once upon a time the world was lousy with gods and goddesses, frost giants, dragons, and all manner of fantastic beasts.
And then as we started to record history, as we started to investigate the world instead of just trying to survive in it, they disappeared.
First to the edges of the map, and then even further beyond.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Right. Gods or some supernatural thing was always responsible of everything from Storms, to sickness, to volcano's and lightning, etc. Until we figured out those things were all normal things with other answers to them.

Since that is the pattern over and over it just makes sense to assume that same pattern would continue. Otherwise this is all just some big cosmic joke. Which I don't totally ignore as possible either. But it's not likely.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You're not doing it right.
God is responsible for all natural processes. And by proxy, all artificial processes.

No the Zeus is...

Ahh look I used the same logic you are!

Claim something extrodinary is true, only because I say it is!

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join