It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

How about computer science?
Programing language theory...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Please tell me you are going to do the "information theory says evolution is impossible" stick?

Humans did science for a long time before computers. Sure it makes it easier, and opened up new science (the old way of manually (chemically) sequencing DNA one base pair at a time must have blown).

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I Thought you realize I believe in some forms of evolution just not everything evolution is said to do...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

No I was asking if you were going to go the "information theory" path. Not accusing you of anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
I blame the fact that mankind was created in a perfected form...

Oh no, don't forget the foreskin! If men were perfect, God wouldn't have ordered to chop off the foreskin. Remember?
...perhaps only women were created perfect, now that's an interesting thought.

Neither of those are God speaking...
But more importantly neither is God speaking...

How convenient that the Bible has 'perfect science' and yet, whenever we point at an inaccurate passage, we are always told that those passages are not from God..... cherry picking perhaps?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I blame the fact that mankind was created in a perfected form...

Oh no, don't forget the foreskin! If men were perfect, God wouldn't have ordered to chop off the foreskin. Remember?
...perhaps only women were created perfect, now that's an interesting thought.

Neither of those are God speaking...
But more importantly neither is God speaking...

How convenient that the Bible has 'perfect science' and yet, whenever we point at an inaccurate passage, we are always told that those passages are not from God..... cherry picking perhaps?

That's why you can never win...

They will keep doing mental backflips to avoid messing up their world view..

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I find it hilarious.

The title should be "God did it, mostly. Just not the parts that some people think are metaphors. Or the parts that are contradictory. Apart from them, God did it!"

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
LOL

The naked thing was short-lived. It was only around for about six months because we thought it was shocking. Once people expected us to do it we kind of never did it again. We just chopped off the sack! Ouch!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Yep... they don't realize how absurd they sound with their contradictions...... God is omnipotent, but doesn't stop natural disasters that have nothing to do with men. God is omniscient, but we also have free will which contradicts it. God is omnibenevolent, and yet he doesn't hesitate to almost exterminate the human race...... I could go on and on...

originally posted by: TerryDon79
The title should be "God did it, mostly. Just not the parts that some people think are metaphors. Or the parts that are contradictory. Apart from them, God did it!"

Exactly! hahaha
edit on 29-4-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Duuuuuuuude!!!!

Who said ANYTHING about cutting of the sack?

It's about trimming a bit from the top, not cutting it off at the base lol

ETA: Are you like a kinky Santa? (Likes cutting off the sack)
edit on 2942016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yep... they don't realize how absurd they sound with their contradictions...... God is omnipotent, but doesn't stop natural disasters that have nothing to do with men. God is omniscient, but we also have free will which contradicts it. God is omnibenevolent, and yet he doesn't hesitate to almost exterminate the human race...... I could go on and on...

Exactly! hahaha

In the only good line in batman vs superman...

Lex Luthor: if God is all good, then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful he cannot be all good.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: edmc^2

Seriously? Adding extra meaning again as usual. The word embryo wasn't used. Wow the writer of this passage knew that babies had bones when they were born. Not really an amazing thing.

Seriously?

Still don't get it?

I guess you'll never get it.

It's kinda' hard to explain something to someone whose only intention is to ridicule.

But good luck though.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If God is all good, then he cannot be all powerful, but if God is all powerful he cannot be all good.

That's a great quote! I'll remember this one, I'm sure it will come in handy on this forum.
lol

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2
In what way am I arrogant?

Re-read your reply to me and you'll see.

So if Predestination is in the Bible, why then are we encouraged to do good and stay away from badness?

Because the Bible is full of contradictions.

But let's take a look at one of the scriptures you cited:
[1Co 2:7 NLT] "No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God--his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began."

This verse talks about God's Wisdom made secret being revealed to those who are approved by God - it had nothing to do with predestination.

We must be reading a different Bible......

-1 Corinthians 2:7: No, we declare God's wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
-Ephesians 1:11: In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will
-Ephesians 1:5: he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will
-Romans 8:29-30: For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters

Considering the context, the Bible tells us that God destined and predestined lots of thing (wisdom, salvation etc).

This tells me you didn't really put much thinking into this and just parroting what other's said.

Do you really believe the scriptures you've quoted above is about predestination of each person on earth?

That no one has control over their destiny?

Free will everyone?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Seriously? Adding extra meaning again as usual. The word embryo wasn't used. Wow the writer of this passage knew that babies had bones when they were born. Not really an amazing thing.

Seriously?

Still don't get it?

It's kinda' hard to explain something to someone whose only intention is to ridicule.

But good luck though.

So I was right!

It only works for people who understand.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

So if Predestination is in the Bible, why then are we encouraged to do good and stay away from badness?

[1Co 2:7 NLT] "No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God--his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began."

This verse talks about God's Wisdom made secret being revealed to those who are approved by God - it had nothing to do with predestination.

-1 Corinthians 2:7: No, we declare God's wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
-Ephesians 1:11: In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will
-Ephesians 1:5: he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will
-Romans 8:29-30: For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters

Considering the context, the Bible tells us that God destined and predestined lots of thing (wisdom, salvation etc).

This tells me you didn't really put much thinking into this and just parroting what other's said.

Do you really believe the scriptures you've quoted above is about predestination of each person on earth?

Free will everyone?

According to a lot of Christians, life is set out the way it is supposed to be (predetermined).

Free will just lets you make decisions, but you'll always end up with the same ending.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Seriously?

Still don't get it?

But good luck though.

So I was right!

It only works for people who understand.

Actually, what I said is hard to understand to those whose intention is to ridicule.

I'm up to the challenge just don't have time for ridicule.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Problems with what you're trying to do (fit science into the bible) has already been pointed out.

Things like the words womb and embryo not being used till AT LEAST 1000AD. You're working with a translation to a modern language.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Free will everyone?

According to a lot of Christians, life is set out the way it is supposed to be (predetermined).

Free will just lets you make decisions, but you'll always end up with the same ending.

I blame their leaders for teaching them this way - it's a fatalistic point of view.

It's akin to the Hindu belief that our lives are already pre-determined by the three gods/goddesses - One spools the rope, One measures it and the third cuts it.

As for free will - it says as it is.

Kinda like, allowing Adam and Eve make their own mind to obey or not to obey the command. Knowing the consequence of disobedience, they still CHOOSE to do it - Free Will has consequences. If you CHOOSE the wrong path, you'll pay the price.

edit on 29-4-2016 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Free will everyone?

Charming as usual.... you don't know anything about me pal.
The point of those scriptures I've quoted is that they show us clearly that God 'destined' and 'predestined' lots of things, from wisdom, to salvation.

And like I said on my previous post: how can God be omniscient and give us free will? They contradict each other. If God is omniscient then he knows the past/present/future and know what we will do. This means we don't have free will. But if you tell me we have the free will to change the future God has seen, the he is not omniscient as he is not able to see all the futures.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join