It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Ignorance is bliss...
As for the figure of Joachim/Imran, he is revered by Muslims for being the father of Mary and the grandfather of Jesus and also for being one of the Prophets of God with the Prophet Zachariah, as his successor. By tradition, Imran's wife was Hannah, the Catholic Saint Anne.
Santi gioacchino e anna.jpg

Ignorance is bliss?... says you, pal? lol

I grew up a Catholic in Italy so I know very well about 'Santa Anna'. The Catholics adore Saint Anne because it has been so for so many centuries even though they know she is a product of legends and tradition, and not from the Bible. If you ask any Catholic priest they will tell you that there is no proof Anna was really the mother of Mary, as the gospels of James were comdemned by many as heretic, hence not included in the Bible (by Pope Damascus I, Pope Innocent I, St Jerome etc). After more than a millennium the presence of Anne became so ingrained with the Catholics that the church prefer to leave it this way, because they believe Anne represents something good anyway. It's like Christmas in my house, we may not believe but we still celebrate Christmas the same way I did when I was young, because it's such a long standing tradition I couldn't do without it. The meaning of Christmas has changed for me, but the celebrations have not. Just like with Santa Anna and the Catholic church goers.

originally posted by: edmc^2
You created every part of me;
you put me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because you are to be feared;
all you do is strange and wonderful.
I know it with all my heart.
15 When my bones were being formed,
carefully put together in my mother's womb,
when I was growing there in secret,
you knew that I was there—
16 you saw me before I was born.
The days allotted to me
had all been recorded in your book,
before any of them ever began.

It actually is about how long he will live:
"The days allotted to me
before any of them ever began."

It's about 'the days'. It says 'the days'.
'Before any of them began' is 'before any of the days began'.

How can you not see that? It's as clear as day.
And the book is the book of God where he alledgedly has everybody's existences written even before they begin.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Ignorance is bliss...
As for the figure of Joachim/Imran, he is revered by Muslims for being the father of Mary and the grandfather of Jesus and also for being one of the Prophets of God with the Prophet Zachariah, as his successor. By tradition, Imran's wife was Hannah, the Catholic Saint Anne.
Santi gioacchino e anna.jpg

Ignorance is bliss?... says you, pal? lol

I grew up a Catholic in Italy so I know very well about 'Santa Anna'. The Catholics adore Saint Anne because it has been so for so many centuries even though they know she is a product of legends and tradition, and not from the Bible. If you ask any Catholic priest they will tell you that there is no proof Anna was really the mother of Mary, as the gospels of James were comdemned by many as heretic, hence not included in the Bible (by Pope Damascus I, Pope Innocent I, St Jerome etc). After more than a millennium the presence of Anne became so ingrained with the Catholics that the church prefer to leave it this way, because they believe Anne represents something good anyway. It's like Christmas in my house, we may not believe but we still celebrate Christmas the same way I did when I was young, because it's such a long standing tradition I couldn't do without it. The meaning of Christmas has changed for me, but the celebrations have not. Just like with Santa Anna and the Catholic church goers.

You created every part of me;
The days allotted to me
before any of them ever began.

It actually is about how long he will live:
"The days allotted to me

And the book is the book of God where he alledgedly has everybody's existences written even before they begin.

Sure I looked at it that way too, as a serious Bible researcher, you have to look at every text in ALL angles. Then consider the CONTEXT, the entire chapter, the subject matter and reference it to other verses in the Bible dealing with the same subject. You also have to consider the original words used and how it was translated. Once you have these at your disposal, then you do a more in-depth study to arrive at the correct conclusion. Your conclusion is wrong!

You didn't consider the context and the subject matter.

In addition, you're introducing something that is foreign to the Bible - the teaching of Predestination.

edit on 28-4-2016 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: edmc^2

Sounds like the writer of this verse knew what everyone else knew. That babies come from a woman and are formed inside them. That's hardly anything to brag about. More vague statements that you think have scientific merit. Nope.

Ok - since you seem to be knowledgeable at this - apart from the Bible, when was the word fetus coined and when did "everyone knew" how the human body was formed inside a mother's womb?

Exactly as the Bible says:

"You created every part of me;
The days allotted to me

Here's another way of putting it: (CEB)

"You are the one who created my innermost parts;
you knit me together while I was still in my mother’s womb.
14 I give thanks to you that I was marvelously set apart.
Your works are wonderful—I know that very well.
15 My bones weren’t hidden from you
when I was being put together in a secret place,
when I was being woven together in the deep parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my embryo,
and on your scroll every day was written that was being formed for me,
before any one of them had yet happened."

Do tell o wise one.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

First known usage of the word womb - around the 11th century

First known usage of the word embryo - around the 16th century

People way before the bible knew that babies grew inside a woman. The bible didn't invent pregnancy lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

People way before the bible knew that babies grew inside a woman. The bible didn't invent pregnancy lol.

Great. Now we have a calendar.

Now is that B.C.E or C.E or A.D. if you prefer?

BTW - it's NOT pregnancy that we're talking about here. We're talking about the creation of the human body before even becoming an embryo.

"15 My bones weren’t hidden from you
before any one of them had yet happened.
"

edit on 28-4-2016 by edmc^2 because: NOT

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Sorry, AD.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sorry, AD.

Which brings me now to this - when was the book of Psalm written? and by whom?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

BTW - it's pregnancy that we're talking about here. We're talking about the creation of the human body before even becoming an embryo.

I'm sorry, but that's a joke isn't it? Do you really believe humans are "put together" before being conceived?

If you do, then you must admit that God is a sadistic pig. Why? If we're "put together" before being conceived then God knows he's making people with birth defects and whatnot.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Sorry, AD.

Which brings me now to this - when was the book of Psalm written? and by whom?

Around 500BC is the earliest, if I remember correctly (Also depends on who you want to believe). I'm not sure when the newest was.

David, Moses, The family of Asaph, The sons of Korah, Heman the Ezrahite, Solomon and Ethan the Ezrahite.

I think that's everyone.
edit on 2842016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

BTW - it's pregnancy that we're talking about here. We're talking about the creation of the human body before even becoming an embryo.

I'm sorry, but that's a joke isn't it? Do you really believe humans are "put together" before being conceived?

If you do, then you must admit that God is a sadistic pig. Why? If we're "put together" before being conceived then God knows he's making people with birth defects and whatnot.

Huh?

You're the one who said the words are poetic (which I agree) so now you're pretending not to understand?

The words used by the Bible writer is in poetic style to convey a fact but you seem not to understand this.

Also, why are you now changing the subject?

Why are you blaming God for something he didn't do?

[Rom 5:12 NIV] "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned--"

[Rom 5:14 NIV] "Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come."

[Rom 5:19 NIV] "For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous."

Stick to the topic.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The topic is "God did it".

So, God made all these unborn children with some absolutely horrible diseases and birth defects?

And yes, I said it was poetic. Poems can be of any subject, be it fact or otherwise.
edit on 2842016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Actually, let's just cut to the chase without all the running around in circles crap.

It has been stated that the bible has science in it. It just doesn't. If you interpret what is said as science, then that is YOUR interpretation.

The bible isn't a science book. The metaphors are just that, metaphors. Poems are poems.

You can twist what is said to make it seem like it has some science in it, but then that's not taking what's said at face value. If you don't take it at face value then how can you say that Jesus and God a real? Maybe they're just metaphors too?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The topic is "God did it".

So, God made all these unborn children with some absolutely horrible diseases and birth defects?

And yes, I said it was poetic. Poems can be of any subject, be it fact or otherwise.

Ok - so I'm sure then you're very aware of how "sin" or imperfection was introduced into the human genome?

Through Adam and Eve - the first specimen.

But to the topic.

Yes 500 BC is a good date.

David wrote many of the Book of Psalms around 460 B.C.E.

So my questions then is, where did he based his writing from, when no one even saw what's going on inside the mother's womb let alone the growing embryo?

Sure they know about pregnancy but to accurately describe what we know now give's one a pause.

How did he knew that:

"Your eyes saw my embryo,

That a "writing" was occurring before "any one of them have yet happened"?

In addition - one translation put v13 this way:

"For you produced my kidneys;
You kept me screened off in my mother’s womb."

"screened off" - how?

The placenta is an organ attached to the lining of your womb during pregnancy.
It keeps your unborn baby's blood supply separate from your own blood supply, as well as providing a link between the two. The link allows the placenta to carry out functions that your unborn baby can't perform for itself.
The placenta is connected to your baby by the umbilical cord. Your baby is inside a bag of fluid called the amniotic sac, which is made of membranes.
What does the placenta do?

Oxygen and nutrients pass from your blood supply into the placenta. From there, the umbilical cord carries the oxygen and nutrients to your unborn baby. Waste products from the baby, such as carbon dioxide, pass back along the umbilical cord to the placenta and then into your bloodstream, for your body to dispose of them.
The placenta produces hormones that help your baby grow and develop. The placenta also gives some protection against infection for your baby while it's in the womb, protecting it against most bacteria. However, it doesn't protect your baby against viruses.
Alcohol, nicotine and other drugs can also cross the placenta and can cause damage to your unborn baby.
Towards the end of your pregnancy, the placenta passes antibodies from you to your baby, giving them immunity for about three months after birth. However, it only passes on antibodies that you already have.

www.nhs.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Actually, let's just cut to the chase without all the running around in circles crap.

It has been stated that the bible has science in it. It just doesn't. If you interpret what is said as science, then that is YOUR interpretation.

The bible isn't a science book. The metaphors are just that, metaphors. Poems are poems.

You can twist what is said to make it seem like it has some science in it, but then that's not taking what's said at face value. If you don't take it at face value then how can you say that Jesus and God a real? Maybe they're just metaphors too?

The bible isn't a science book.

That I 100% agree. It's NOT A SCIENCE BOOK!!!

But when it touches (true) science, it's amazingly accurate.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

There's the problem. David never said that. It's a translation to modern language.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

But it isn't accurate. It's amazingly inaccurate. It's just you interpreting what is said to make it accurate.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I'm not twisting anything. I'm using science to confirm its accuracy.

Jesus is real for the simple fact that we have Christianity.

That ALL his wonderful WORDS are true. Go against it the result is to your absolute detriment!

Apply them, they will do you good.

"43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your friends, hate your enemies.’ 44 But now I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may become the children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun to shine on bad and good people alike, and gives rain to those who do good and to those who do evil. 46 Why should God reward you if you love only the people who love you? Even the tax collectors do that! 47 And if you speak only to your friends, have you done anything out of the ordinary? Even the pagans do that! 48 You must be perfect—just as your Father in heaven is perfect.+ - Matt 5: 43-48.

ciao.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

I'm not twisting anything. I'm using science to confirm its accuracy.
No you're not. You're using your interpretation of the bible to fit it with science.

Jesus is real for the simple fact that we have Christianity.
You might want to rethink this. Check out how many Pastafarians there are.

That ALL his wonderful WORDS are true. Go against it the result is to your absolute detriment!
You mean apart from the ones that are meant to be taken as metaphor? It's up to the individual to decide what is real and what is story/metaphor. That's why it's called faith.

Apply them, they will do you good.
My life has actually IMPROVED since I stopped being a Christian.

"43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your friends, hate your enemies.’ 44 But now I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may become the children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun to shine on bad and good people alike, and gives rain to those who do good and to those who do evil. 46 Why should God reward you if you love only the people who love you? Even the tax collectors do that! 47 And if you speak only to your friends, have you done anything out of the ordinary? Even the pagans do that! 48 You must be perfect—just as your Father in heaven is perfect.+ - Matt 5: 43-48.

ciao.

Thanks for the scripture.

Now, how much of the bible do people really follow? About as much as they think is right to do and put the bits the don't like in metaphor. It's different for everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

But it isn't accurate. It's amazingly inaccurate. It's just you interpreting what is said to make it accurate.

Sure. But the point is whether the interpretation is correct or not.

Scientist's in fact, do a lot of DATA interpretation. But that IS NOT the issue. No. The issue is whether what they are interpreting is correct or not. One sees a "fossil" of some sort and interprets it as belonging to "cave man" while another says it a diseased modern man tooth, thus the deformation.

Again, it's how accurate and correct the interpretation is that makes the data true.

It's also to be based on facts backed up by evidence.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So all of this was just to somehow "prove" science is wrong?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join