It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Akragon

Prove a Virgin can't be impregnated through artificial insemination...

Ya that's what I thought...

lol

No need... since joe already told you that wasn't the process the bible describes

Best way to describe it is magic... just like the creation of man in said book

Poof!!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

So God didn't do it himself?

How do we know the kid was his?

Have there been any paternal DNA tests done?

I know how artificial insemination is done, but my version would fit 2000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think it would make a great Jerry Springer episode.

"Today's guest is a guy whose mother says she was impregnated without having sex coughslutcough. His mother then said an angel did it! Please welcome to our stage, JESUS!"

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Nah she is from the tribe of Levi...

Saint Joachim ben Matthan
Hebrew: יְהוֹיָקִים ben Matthan, Greek: Saint Joachim Ἰωακείμ

That's Mary's daddy...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And then there's dear old Moses.

Talking to a burning bush and getting a response. There's people that do that today. They're on drugs.

How come they're not equivalent to Moses?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Again more heresay and nothing to back it up. Where does it say this in your sacred book ? This is just hilarious. You haven't once given a scripture or source to refute what I have presented.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

"Today's guest is a guy whose mother says she was impregnated without having sex coughslutcough. His mother then said an angel did it! Please welcome to our stage, JESUS!"

I'm more curious how you think cooking utensils are used for artificial insemination...

And how you refer to Mary as a slut...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Jesus escaped from a cave.

You know who else could do that?

Derren Brown
Houdini
David Copperfield
David Blaine
And others

OMG!!!! Jesuses!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I'm more curious how you think cooking utensils are used for artificial insemination...
Used to be done by women who wanted to get pregnant. Google is your friend.

And how you refer to Mary as a slut...
Oh come on. If someone today said "I'm pregnant, but I never had sex, honest!" she'd be laughed and, called a liar, a slut and countless other things.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here are just a few of the ways that Jesus never fulfilled the so called messianic prophecies.

From

infidels.org...

There are a number of alleged messianic prophecies about Jesus' birth: prophecies about the location, manner, and time of his birth, about his genealogy, and about events which were to occur at the time of his birth. Probably the most famous of these prophecies is the prophecy that Jesus would be born of a virgin. The gospels of Matthew (1:18-25) and Luke (1:26-35) both claim that Jesus was born of a virgin, but only Matthew (1:23) appeals to the Hebrew scriptures as an explanation for why this should be the case. The verse appealed to is Isaiah 7:14, which reads: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call his name Immanuel."

There are a number of difficulties with this passage. As many have noted, the Hebrew word translated as "virgin" in this verse is "almah," which is more accurately translated simply as "young woman." The Hebrew word "bethulah" means "virgin." In the book of Isaiah, "bethulah" appears four times (23:12, 37:22,47:1, 62:5), so its author was aware of the word. In the New American Standard translation of the Bible, all other appearances of "almah" are translated simply as "girl," "maid," or "maiden" (viz: Genesis 24:43, Exodus 2:8, Psalms 68:25, Proverbs 30:19, Song of Solomon 1:3,6:8). Thus the claimed fulfillment adds a biologically impossible condition which is not even present in the original prophecy.[2]

Another problem is that nowhere in the New Testament does Mary, Jesus' mother, refer to him as "Immanuel." Thus we have no evidence that one of the conditions of the prophecy was ever fulfilled.

More evidence of the holy book being wrong. It's so sad that people who profess a belief in god and righteousness have to lie and stretch the truth to sell their religion.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

How many of them can raise themselves from the dead?
And it was a tomb not a cave...
The entrance was sealed...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

How many of them can raise themselves from the dead?
There are people today who have been declared medically dead that have come back. Omg, it must be another Jesus, or not.

And it was a tomb not a cave...
The entrance was sealed...
Uh huh. Guess you never watched stage acts where they're trapped in a locked box and escape? Omg. More jesuses! Or not.
edit on 2642016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nobody was raised from the dead. That's also something that was added in later on to spice things up.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Immanuel (Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל meaning, "God with us"; also romanized Emmanuel, Imanu'el) is a Hebrew name which appears in chapters 7 and 8 of the Book of Isaiah as part of a prophecy of God's protection from rival kings during the life of Jeshurun.

Jesus said the father and I are one...
Jesus is God...
He was with them...
Immanuel...
edit on 26-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hang on.

Jesus is/was/might be god?

That means that he got his mother pregnant before he was born.

Mind = mildly entertained at the dog snoring on the couch.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I got serious question.

(puts on serious face
)

How could God get anyone pregnant?

That would mean that he was human. Other species can't mate with different species.

Cows can't mate with dogs
Cats can't mate with horses
Flies can't mate with elephants
And so on and so on

Wouldn't that mean that 1, God is human which would nullify the bible or 2, the bible is just stories or 3, God isn't all great, but really another human.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Lots of people claimed divinity. What makes Jesus special. The prophecy said he would be called Immanuel. Nobody at the time called him that.

Still no proof of the geneokogt of Mary either. Here we go in circles again. You and edmc2 use the same avoidance technique.

If Jesus actually arose from the dead as was stated the religion would have taken off much faster than it did. If he really were able to perform the miracles ascribed to him I doubt there would have been a Hebrew in all the land that would have denied him being who he said he was. Strange how the worship of Christ never really began until after Rome made it the official state religion. Until that time even the apostles didn't worship him ( save for that idiot Paul )

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Was Jesus not Human?
He said he was God...
Mary was Virgin they didn't have sex...
Because he was more than just human this invalidates nothing...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Was Jesus not Human?
Therefore God is human. (Google how different species can't mate)

He said he was God...
ok. I'm God. Does that make me God now?

Mary was Virgin they didn't have sex...
according to her. How many kids out there swore they were still virgins when in fact they were putting it out more than a McDonald's worker puts out clean trays?

ETA: You edited.

Because he was more than just human this invalidates nothing
So is superman. Guess what? Superman makes more sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well guess you have to prove you are right that Jesus is not God...
And that Mary was a slut...
Are you proud of yourself?

OK if Superman makes more sense you can prove he is real too while you are at it...

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join