It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Celebrities and Possible Timeline Changes or Something Else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I always put the Mandela effect down to confusion of news reports. Say, mandela is ill or something and people think he died or someone else dies at a time and is mixed up etc.
Knowing about the Mandela effect, it happened to me, fully aware of mix ups and I wasn't mixed up at all.
I had it with John Goodman.
I definitively heard on the News that he died, maybe 3 years ago, roughly. I know that I heard correctly because I had certain thoughts. One, that I thought his weight had killed him like so many other overweight actors and more importantly, when cast of a TV show die, I always find it a bit awkward laughing at it when it just happened and I thought that watching Roseanne will be a bit like that.

I had not heard about JG for quite a while, when my husband and I saw a trailer for his new film and I was absolutely flabbergasted and shouted "no, no, he is definitively dead, 100%".
I was so shocked and couldn't believe it that I had to google it. Even then I wasn't convinced.

Did he have a heart attack and I just understood he had died? Nope, hadn't made any news at all health wise.

Did I mix him up with the guy from Cheers? Nope, because I can tell those two very much apart and it did say John Goodman and I immediately thought of Roseanne and all his other films. It was like seeing a zombie coming back to life.

This is the strangest one [for me personally] yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: cj6

Prince's last instagram post supposedly said "JUST WHEN U THOUGHT U WERE SAFE", with him in all black, and a light coming from behind that kind of looks like a halo around his head, and only one eye really visible

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

could you be getting john goodman and john candy mixed up, i have done that before, i can only rate the mandela affect to the one where people remember sinbad playing a genie.......i can remember that.but apparently it never happend.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Hecate666

could you be getting john goodman and john candy mixed up, i have done that before, i can only rate the mandela affect to the one where people remember sinbad playing a genie.......i can remember that.but apparently it never happend.

Oh nononononono. I was fully aware that John Candy died, I liked that actor a lot and I was quite upset. John Candy also was already dead when I heard about John Goodman. Absolutely, definitely not mixing those two up. Ever.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My big "Huh, could this be legit?" moment was when Bedlam, in another thread about this "Mandela Effect," said Louie Anderson was still alive... and I was sure (no positive) he had died a decade or so ago.

Now, memory IS totally fallible... it is far worse than most credit, and these Mandela Effects always seem to be things we don't pay much attention to, like another celeb death.

I'd be far more inclined to "believe" this if something widely known and agreed upon were different one day, like stop signs suddenly being yellow.

But, as there are likely multiple universes, then slipping into nearby probability lines (somehow) isn't beyond the scope of the possible... just highly, highly improbable.

Memory sucks.. .but dang, I was SURE whiny voiced, fat Louie Anderson was dead as a door-nail... and apparently he ain't.. .but I never paid much attention to him, anyway.

If stop signs were yellow, or a pentagram, now, though...

eta: and Chuck Berry is ALIVE? the guy who had cameras installed in his bathroom to peep on potty users? I swore he, too, was dead... year or two ago... sigh.
edit on 4/22/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yup I remember seeing on the news a few years ago that Chuck Berry died. I believe they said it was a car accident. He was by himself when it happened. And yet he is still alive today. I'm starting to lean towards a body snatchers theme here. If a celebrity dies they replace him or her with a clone, then sweep the death under the rug, wait a few years and bam they suddenly appear alive and well. And only a few people, like us, actually remember when they died. Just another unsolved mystery.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This was covered in an old post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first post on that old topic was also about George Wendt, so you are not alone in that belief.
edit on 11-9-2016 by moonleaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: peewee1263

Billy Grahams funeral is one common one
People theorize that in an alternate timeline or universe these things happened and some people's consciousness has crossed over.

I was just about to mention Billy Graham. I could've sworn he died when I was younger.
If you want a real mind**** though, watch the below video.

That is what i remember sometime in the eary 80 s

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

This is an interesting concept that some people's consciousness had crossed over from one timeline to another, this being a possibility means that a ripple was created in the space time continuum possibly by time travelers going back in time and altering history, yes I got the time traveler thing from the area 51 video of the alien saying he was from our distant future, there is a thread on it. Small ripples in the timeline could affect some people's reality while leaving other people's reality alone. Where some people remember things from the original timeline because they were somehow outside or inside of something that prevented their memories from being altered. I mean seriously our planet is one big giant spinning electromagnetic field, maybe some people's place in that electromagnetic was what prevented their memories from being affected.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Retrocausuality.

A new study lends support to another mind-bender - the idea of retrocausality, which basically proposes that the future can influence the past and the effect, in essence, happens before the cause.

At this point, retrocausality does not mean that you get to send signals from the future to the past - rather that an experimenter’s measurement of a particle can influence1 the properties of that particle in the past, even before making their choice.

Bigthink.com - A New Quantum Theory Predicts That the Future Could Be Influencing the Past.

Essentially, they extended another idea in physics (time symmetry) to the quantum mechanic level and swapped space and time as dimensions, worked out the new equations and found that if they did not remove time symmetry they have all kinds of problems. If they remove that constriction then everything actually works out!

This is down at the QM level of particles and the idea is not even that new. Feynman posited that positrons could be electrons travelling back in time. And as we all know, these ideas are checked out when computation power increases and technology catches up with theory to actually test it out.

What if that is what this all is? Somebody changes the spelling of a beloved children’s book about a family of bears, maybe as a drunken parlor trick, and the rest of us are left to pick up the pieces? Then it is a one upmanship trying to be more clever than the rest. Like dropping the “h” in Mother Theresa and all the others we’ve seen?

Anyway, just another mind bender from quantum mechanics that may hold a clue.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Im definitely in the first wave of Mandela Effect experience shredders, but there are a couple instances, specifically an old country singer and a Christian minister dying, only to find them alive years later. I remember the funeral processions and everything. I remember the news caster who announced one of them. I remember exactly what time of day it was. But what's boggling is why I would hear about a semi local celebrity dying, and the funeral being the same day. Gets me. Never thought about it as a kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join