It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump! Thank you for making America Great Again!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think I need to watch more BBC or something. There are times when folks from across the pond say things that I don't understand. I'm working on my accent though! Not easy with at least 56 different regional accent types. It's pretty cringeworthy when my sentences have Cardiff accented words next to South London and Kent accented words.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I think I need to watch more BBC or something. There are times when folks from across the pond say things that I don't understand. I'm working on my accent though! Not easy with at least 56 different regional accent types. It's pretty cringeworthy when my sentences have Cardiff accented words next to South London and Kent accented words.

Yes, it's easy to forget that whilst the language is the same (almost - you guys have a problem with spelling
), the interpretations can be different.

The way i look at it, using associations to Hitler, Mussolini, the devil himself (!) and warning of nuclear war and global economic collapse if Trump is elected is about as close to the definition of scare mongering and playing to people's fears I can think of. It is funny to me that they are used so often by the same people who accuse Trump of playing to people's fears.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yes, it's easy to forget that whilst the language is the same (almost - you guys have a problem with spelling

The way i look at it, using associations to Hitler, Mussolini, the devil himself (!) and warning of nuclear war and global economic collapse if Trump is elected is about as close to the definition of scare mongering and playing to people's fears I can think of. It is funny to me that they are used so often by the same people who accuse Trump of playing to people's fears.

What even funnier is that you have said the same things about Clinton as others have about Trump.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What even funnier is that you have said the same things about Clinton as others have about Trump.

Did I accuse Clinton of fear mongering? Must have missed when I said that.
You really should wait a bit before jumping in - what a spectacular fail

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No, you tried to make the case that it was reasonable to compare Hillary to Hitler.

Remember that?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

No, you tried to make the case that it was reasonable to compare Hillary to Hitler.

Remember that?

Yep, but for the hypocrisy to work, I'd also would have had to accuse her of scaremongering to win support - not too smart are you? Advice for you - when you follow someone around to attempt to wind them up or attack them, at least don't embarrass yourself by missing the point.

edit on 21/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Remember that?

Yep, but for the hypocrisy to work, I'd also would have had to accuse her of scaremongering to win support - not too smart are you? Advice for you - when you follow someone around to attempt to wind them up or attack them, at least don't embarrass yourself by missing the point.

I didn't say anything about fear mongering. I was only highlighting the fact that you have also invoked the Hitler comparison when it fits your political agenda. In fact, what purpose other than to instill fear does a Hitler comparison serve?

Invoking his name to make a comparison is fear mongering in and of itself.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Remember that?

I didn't say anything about fear mongering. I was only highlighting the fact that you have also invoked the Hitler comparison when it fits your political agenda. In fact, what purpose other than to instill fear does a Hitler comparison serve?

Invoking his name to make a comparison is fear mongering in and of itself.

Yes I have - but my post, which you responded to, was not talking about that as funny. You can't be this dense, surely?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Truth of the matter is that Trump is not a good guy. He's not a nice person. He doesn't have many morals. He's not really the guy I want as president.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It is funny to me that they are used so often by the same people who accuse Trump of playing to people's fears.

And I only commented on how humorous it is that you are guilty of making comparisons of politicians to Hitler, a comparison who's sole purpose is to instill fear.

By the way, it only took you two posts to resort to ad hominem attacks. Get control of your emotions.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It is funny to me that they are used so often by the same people who accuse Trump of playing to people's fears.

And I only commented on how humorous it is that you are guilty of making comparisons of politicians to Hitler, a comparison who's sole purpose is to instill fear.

By the way, it only took you two posts to resort to ad hominem attacks. Get control of your emotions.

My full quote:

Study it and try to comprehend - oh and don't post partial quotes. Its disingenuous, don't you know

If you need some help with comprehension PM me and I will try to help you. You seem to be struggling a little.

We should really stay on topic here and not let your forum war ruin the thread.
edit on 21/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here's an interesting video which gives some insight into Trump's thinking and the way he operates.
A lot of wisdom here and very presidential

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I understand what you said and I still find it very hypocritical of you. You've done the same thing, invoking Hitler and making a comparison to a politician, using the fear attached to his name to produce fear in the politician in which you are discussing.

What I find very interesting is that this is at least the second thread in which you openly admit your hypocrisy and they try to twist your way out of it. Talk about disingenuous.

It's almost as if you think people are stupid and will not call you out on your stumbles.

Anyway, there is nothing more for me to do here. Catch ya later.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I understand what you said and I still find it very hypocritical of you. You've done the same thing, invoking Hitler and making a comparison to a politician, using the fear attached to his name to produce fear in the politician in which you are discussing.

What I find very interesting is that this is at least the second thread in which you openly admit your hypocrisy and they try to twist your way out of it. Talk about disingenuous.

It's almost as if you think people are stupid and will not call you out on your stumbles.

Anyway, there is nothing more for me to do here. Catch ya later.

Relax mate. Stop picking fights. It sounds crazy.

Here watch this... it will help balance you out and make you feel good.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
OK I have a Tiny Slight Problem .....................................

Is this Nation of America Insane!!

Do you People Realize that if Trump were ever to Win!

We would Have a SLAVIC Foreigner turned American Citizen
and ONLY!! been in THE Grand Ol USA for 11 god Dam Years!!

For a First Lady!!

it Should be that A FIRST LADY should be American Born Citizen Too

Am I Right On that ??

How Much Pull Does a First Lady have ??? A lot !!

just throwing it Out there!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Wow.

We are electing our president, not his wife.
There are no laws about a president's wife's eligibility requirements.
A president does not even need to be married.
So, whatever your personal opinions about his wife are, they are irrelevant.
edit on 4/21/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

For a First Lady!!

Am I Right On that ??

No you are not right - there is no law that the First Lady has to be an American.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

For a First Lady!!

Am I Right On that ??

Try not to panic. He is due to find a new younger wife any time now and she might even be American if he can find one with big enough boobs.

Fingers crossed that he can find a big-boobed American wife, next time!

*heavy snark*

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: swanne

umm.

I don't think that most of support Trump because "he'll bring down the Establishment".

He has fresh ideas, common sense policies and plans, and he gives us hope for the future.
He is the first candidate in years who says what is wrong, and agrees that things need to be fixed.
The fact that he's not a political insider is a perk, but it is not the main reason that most of us support him.

Actually, I don't recall him ever claiming that he is going to "bring down the Establishment".
He says that he will fix what is wrong with the way things are, which might involve some of that, but I don't think he is basing his campaign on those words.

What are his "fresh ideas" if you don't mind me asking? I certainly can't name any off the top of my head...?

He's not the first candidate in years who says what's wrong, but apparently what you think is wrong and what other's think is wrong don't match.

He say's he'll "fix" what is wrong (yet can't reliably define it consistently) with nebulous solutions. No one I know that supports Trump can actually nail down anything beyond this "wall" he wants to built. Why? Because Trump keeps shifting his stance and opinions on things, and never gives solid solutions with any real substance.

He's a personality candidate. People are voting for his personality, not his substance.

Well I Damned sure ain't Voting for Hillary's Personality.
LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Don't be so jealous

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join