It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

President Trump! Thank you for making America Great Again!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma
a reply to: onequestion

You are basing a candidate off of "having balls"

You're blind if you don't think he's in with corporate interests.

Oh yeah I'm blind.

The same corporate interests that went on an all out assault for months?

And if you haven't noticed since the election cycle CNN has changed their entire staff and news stories and is actually covering news all of sudden.

I like bat change and I think I want more of it.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: alienmma

Nope.

And Trump is the only one with balls enough to impose import tariffs and back us out of these trade deals.

You realize that high tariffs aren't always good for the economy, right? It hasn't worked for Venezuela or India to well to have high tariffs. Australia and New Zealand have low tariffs and seen their economies prosper.

1. Tariffs make Americans poorer by transferring dollars from the country’s most competitive industries to the industries that have the best political connections.

2. Countries with low tariffs, such as New Zealand and Singapore, are more prosperous than countries with high, protective tariffs, such as India and Venezuela. The latest rankings of trade freedom around the world, developed by The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal in the 2013 Index of Economic Freedom, demonstrate how citizens of countries that embrace free trade have higher average incomes than citizens of countries that do not.

Source

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Who said free stuff? How about not such large amounts of inequality in terms of wealth and social status?

So how is "not such large amounts of inequality in terms of wealth" not free stuff? How is wealth inequality fixed with out given poor people wealth?
And "social status"? Why is it not up to you to improve your "social status"? Do you want the govt to give you better facebook friends? More stars for your posts? What is your definition of "social status"?

You could always do what I did and get to work. Earning your own way is very empowering. You should try it.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I don't even know where to begin with this. You seem to only think in black and white.

I guess you like being exploited by greedy old men.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Neither of those countries have a strong middle class or any purchasing power.

They also have more corruption and stronger class divides.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

New Zealand doesn't have a middle class, corruption and poor purchasing power?

Tell that to my friend that's doing just fine in Auckland buddy...
edit on 20-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

link   

We have been through this in many threads.

I am not voting for a personality. We are not electing a buddy to hang out with. We are hiring someone to do a job.

If he accomplishes a fraction of what he hopes to, the country will be better for future generations.

He will work on the trade inequities that are harming the economy of our country.
He will bring manufacturing back to the country, so that people can get jobs with wages to support a family and put themselves through college if they want to, but still have a job if they don't choose college.
He will work on reducing the influx of illegal immigration which is straining our states and taking our jobs.
He will reduce spending on stupid things, and work towards a balanced budget.
He will fix the way other countries are taking advantage of our country's finances.
The above things will reduce the deficit.
He will make our military strong again.
Other countries will know that we have a strong leadership again, and will hopefully start to gain respect again, which will lead to more peace.
He will hopefully now straighten out the stupid way the Republican delegate system chooses candidates.

I could go on and on....

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: swanne

I don't have a problem with the 1%. My problem is that I am not one of them.

It's crazy how we can have such alternative perspectives on diverse issues yet we agree with the solution to this one.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma

You are basing a candidate off of "having balls"

You're blind if you don't think he's in with corporate interests.

Naturally, he has corporate interests too. Yet, many would not be employed if those corporations did not provide work. Trump seems to understand a balance needs to be made that encourages corporations to come back or stay in America.

Many on the left want to cry about big bad corporations and the evil rich people. Yet, it is always the middle class who carries the burden of support to both ends! That is why balance is necessary. I have been giving more attention to Trump. Do I agree with him 100%, of course not! I do believe he is more middle of the road and more balanced than any of the other leading candidates at this time.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

In my opinion his net worth will increase tremendously with a stronger economy.

Real estate.

It's pretty obvious. With a stronger middle class and American economy his net worth could double.

(post by alienmma removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes, you are voting for a personality and buddy. That is all Trump is. He has no actual concrete plans, no concrete solutions. His positions and agenda are like the sands of the Sahara Desert -- constantly shifting. He tells crowds what they want to hear, and journalists whatever he's in the mood to say.

None of what you have outlined is concrete. Everything you have outlined is vague and nebulous. For example:

"Make the military strong again" -- OK, HOW?

"Reduce the deficit" -- OK, HOW?

"Fix the way other countries are taking advantage of our country's finances" -- OK, HOW?

The big question is HOW. Trump has never given a "HOW" he is going to do anything, if he even can keep the things he promises from changing once more. When he is pressed on this "HOW" question, he deflects and side steps, which his fans never seem to notice, or care.

He wants to make "America Great Again" -- which is a highly un-patriotic thing to say. It's highly disrespectful to all of our American soldiers who fight and die for us. So they're dying for an "un-great" nation? America isn't great? What are we then? And when were we great?

What does a "great America" look like?

Everything about Trump is a huge question mark. He might as well get himself a suit like The Riddler with question marks all over it.

You see, Trump is a cult of personality, as he never provides actual solid answers and plans. He simply plays on the emotions of fear and anger, directing them into supporting him.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I don't even know where to begin with this. You seem to only think in black and white.

I guess you like being exploited by greedy old men.

The irony.

Let me guess, when you think of income inequality, you think of a big pie with the 1% taking most of it from the 99%? If so, you're guilty of the fixed-pie fallacy. The rich don't make you poor, and if you think otherwise, you're lying to yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You don't have 5 billion dollars in assets without concrete plans.
edit on 4/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yes, you are voting for a personality and buddy. That is all Trump is. He has no actual concrete plans, no concrete solutions. His positions and agenda are like the sands of the Sahara Desert -- constantly shifting. He tells crowds what they want to hear, and journalists whatever he's in the mood to say.

None of what you have outlined is concrete. Everything you have outlined is vague and nebulous. For example:

"Make the military strong again" -- OK, HOW?

"Reduce the deficit" -- OK, HOW?

"Fix the way other countries are taking advantage of our country's finances" -- OK, HOW?

The big question is HOW. Trump has never given a "HOW" he is going to do anything, if he even can keep the things he promises from changing once more. When he is pressed on this "HOW" question, he deflects and side steps, which his fans never seem to notice, or care.

He wants to make "America Great Again" -- which is a highly un-patriotic thing to say. It's highly disrespectful to all of our American soldiers who fight and die for us. So they're dying for an "un-great" nation? America isn't great? What are we then? And when were we great?

What does a "great America" look like?

Everything about Trump is a huge question mark. He might as well get himself a suit like The Riddler with question marks all over it.

You see, Trump is a cult of personality, as he never provides actual solid answers and plans. He simply plays on the emotions of fear and anger, directing them into supporting him.

Wow this new internet thing is really handy. A quick search and i found this www.donaldjtrump.com...
Many of his plans and solutions are there. You should check it out.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

To get back on topic to your OP

It is interesting to see how Obama deals with the Saudis, and to imagine how it would be different with Trump.
I can picture Trump going in there with his powerful presence not at all intimidated, and sitting down after a handshake and a hearty greeting, and saying something like "ok, now look.... this is what is going on, and this is what we need to do about it...".

It will be so different from Obama's quaking in his boots and cowering to the will of the powerful people.
edit on 4/20/16 by BlueAjah because: added word

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

He has the experience. He knows how to lead. He has common sense. He is a smart man. He will get it done.
He has shown that he gets things done when he wants to.
edit on 4/20/16 by BlueAjah because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join