It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons May Be the Oldest Fearsome Entities of Ancient Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Demons of the ancient already existed before the bible!

According to Discovery News , a researcher from Belgium has discovered the oldest depictions of demons in ancient Egypt, showing that demonic entities populated the ancient Egyptians’ imaginations as far back as 4,000 years ago. The fearsome entities of the past were believed to have gripped their victims and cut off their heads.

During the International Conference on Ancient Egyptian Demonology at Swansea University, U.K., the oldest depiction of ancient Egyptian demons was presented. Wael Sherbiny, a Belgium-based Egyptologist, and independent scholar who specializes in the religious texts of Ancient Egypt made the discovery. During his research, he found two demons on two Middle Kingdom coffins that were about 4,000 years old. Another one was portrayed in a 4,000-year-old leather roll the researcher had previously discovered on the shelves of the Egyptian museum in Cairo. The roll was stored and forgotten for at least 70 years. The oldest and longest Egyptian leather manuscript had been untouched by other researchers for decades.

link

link

link

edit on 20-4-2016 by Azeban because: Edit: Source

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Azeban

Demons existed before the Bible?

My Gawd…

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Interesting, I enjoyed the last link, added site to favorites.

Human imagination began a long time ago, we're starting to lose that in the Age of Twitter.

The only obscure Egyptian myths I've heard about was Yota and the Djedi. Not really sure of those are legitimate historical myths.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This proves Christians were demons hunters. They had always burned so called witches during middle ages.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Shocking that people believed in evil spirits and such before the bible I know. Shocking that other cultures had deities with similar stories to that in the bible. Wait it's not shocking. Stories get passed down and grow as time passes. My goodness.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I recall hearing of 'Jins', I think something more believed in the Middle east than in western cultures. Our domestic stuff is less exotic.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I recall hearing of 'Jins', I think something more believed in the Middle east than in western cultures. Our domestic stuff is less exotic.

The Djinn are spread throughout the world. Outside the Middle-East they go by the name Rephaim, Giants, Eternally Dead, The Damned, Ancestral Guardians or Daemons.

They are basically half fallen angel, half human where the male Rephaim are seen as wraiths and the female rephaim are banshees or sirens.

top topics

join