It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Stunning Aurora Borealis from Space in Ultra-High Definition (4K)

page: 1

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
The time-lapse video shows both the Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis in action and was produced for NASA TV UHD , so if you have a 4K screen you can appreciate the stunning beauty of this most special of natural phenomena ,although it still looks pretty stunning in plain old 1080p.

edit on 20-4-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:37 PM
a reply to: gortex

Fake. Earth is flat.

Okay I kid. I've always wanted to see the auroras with my own eyes, I always like to imagine what a younger human species thought of them. The way they move is beyond enchanting, thanks for this post.

edit: for the price of a 4K screen I could probably make my dream come true LOL.
edit on 20/4/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
Beautiful video, and a good view of how thin though very protective the atmosphere is.

I wish we had this video quality from Mars.

Did any one spot any UFOs, there is always a UFO in NASA footage, according to the internet

edit on 20-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
a reply to: Mianeye

Did any one spot any UFOs

Only the one at the end (2.47) but typical NASA cut the feed.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
I've seen them more times then I can count. However the last one was the most memorable. They were very vivid, purples, greens, blues........they were darting around the sky and changing shape so fast it looked violent. It's almost as if they were aggressive instead of the typical soft harmonic dance.

I remember my son got freaked out and thought there was a UFO descending upon is. They were so epic I get how he thought that. We all got a little freaked when they started moving fast. It was unusual.

Like an ancient primal godlike event. I am fortunate to have witnessed.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:44 PM
Stunning doesn't even really give it credit, then again not sure what word really would.

I was also fascinated with great visuals of the stars too. So rare you ever actually see them.

Star, Flag, and I have also shared.

new topics