It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE - Who's Right and Who's Wrong???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was just reading some the news, trying to catch up this mornings news and I came across 2 articles that makes no sense on the veiws of how this world views things. Both of these were from CNN, but the first article I was read was about how the Human Rights Watch seeks further prosecution on top officials.

Text"When a government as dominant and influential as the United States openly defies that law and seeks to justify its defiance, it also undermines the law itself and invites others to do the same."

"In the midst of a seeming epidemic of suicide bombings, beheadings and other attacks on civilians and noncombatants -- all affronts to the most basic human rights values -- Washington's weakened moral authority is felt acutely," Human Rights Watch says in its report.

Not saying that those who did what they did shouldnt be punished, but come on, we do not need to make a spectacle out of this and divert attention to these violators in Abu Gharib and Gitmo Bay.

Now onto the next article, which came just moments ago...

Here is the articles open statement:

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- A religious court has sentenced 15 Saudis, including one woman, to up to six months in prison and up to 250 lashings for taking part in an anti-monarchy protest, judicial officials said Thursday.

Umm, does anyone see this as a little disturbing? I mean Human Rights Watch wants the US to penalize with no bars hold on those who did their crimes, yet they dont seem to be protesting the cruelty of punishment in other countries.

[edit on 13/1/05 by mscbkc070904]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
when in rome my friend.you just can't go pushing your own morality on someone else in their country.if that's the way they run things with their own citizenry then leave them be.the fact that this was reported is good enough.now it's time for someone to start trying for change from the inside.(not the outside)

join