It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV Points of interest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I can't take credit for finding these. A commenter on Glenn Campbell's blog posted them but I haven't seen them discussed here before.

1. Camouflaged tunnel entrance or possible hangar?

2. Interesting spot in the middle of nowhere - possibly raised or dug out? Good road to it

3. Another 'dirt hangar' or tunnel entrance? And what's with the fenced-in graded dirt lot next door? Why the need for high fencing in a restricted area?

I remember reading rumors about secured 'igloo' structures in the area before - this is the first I've seen something that matches that description.

Thoughts/speculation/insight?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dogshark

The NTS burries all sorts of stuff. Fencing means this area is hot! You could contact public affairs and see what kind of story they make up. ;-) Actually if they are digging up toxics and relocating them, there is probaby some sort of environmental documentation.

The actual underground facilities at the NTS have considerable infrastructure above ground. While I can't rule out the obscure hole in the ground leading to a secret lair, the actual underground facilities have ventilation, elevators, etc.

Not that I ever found such a structure, but I always imagined the secret underground base would be a building that had way too many cars parked by it. Where are these people working? Underground of course!

I had a contract once designing a piece of a laser based measurement system. The building had the opposite parking situation. It was a modest mid-rise steel framed building that had at least one floor totally gutted (wide open) so that laser beams could cross the entire width of the building. As subcontractor, I had no idea how many floors were in this condition.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Looks more like security look outs. To close to the lake bed on a couple for toxic waste. But you have been there😊

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: gariac

Looks more like security look outs. To close to the lake bed on a couple for toxic waste. But you have been there😊

DAF

This is what a secure facility looks like on the NTS. Hard to tell from the photo, but there is a double fence. Presumably if you get between the fences, you are terminated with extreme prejudice.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Cool!

That first one, out of all of them, is the one that looked to me like something secret was going on. The others, which were pretty much in plain sight, I think are like others have said: Maybe dumps or that sort of thing.

The first one was intriguing. A dirt road leading to this oddly shaped mound which looks like it would have a door on it.*

* = Fantasy thinking.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Isn't everything in this area technically secret?
I'm not trying to read anything woo-woo into it, just wondering if people have ideas what the structures/locations could be about. Especially those mounds of dirt that look like they have an entrance at one end.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogshark
a reply to: brace22

Isn't everything in this area technically secret?
I'm not trying to read anything woo-woo into it, just wondering if people have ideas what the structures/locations could be about. Especially those mounds of dirt that look like they have an entrance at one end.

The NTS does some contract work. The spill center for example. Plus you can tour the facility, though they can put the cool stuff away during the tour.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Even the sand is secret sand!! Haha

I guess we will never ever know what's there, if anything is there I suppose.

It wouldn't be ATS if we didn't speculate some secret base was below the ground working on all sorts. I will be honest, I genuinely believe there are ultra secret bases or posts below the ground out there.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The first location is a bunker that was part of the Project 56 test site in Plutonium Valley (Area 11). It is just southwest of the Project 56-D ground zero. There were four safety experiments involving simulated warhead accidents. The purpose of these tests was to determine whether a weapon or warhead damaged in an accident would detonate with a nuclear yield, even if some or all of the high explosive components burned or detonated. Project 56 took place in 1955 and 1956.

The second location looks like a landfill of some sort on the West Fork Scarp Canyon Road.

The third location is the Area 11 Tweezer Facility, which had a centrifuge that was used by Los Alamos National Laboratory to prepare stockpile nuclear devices for underground tests.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Thanks for the great info! Ask and ye shall receive. Now I have some fun new names to research.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

In theory, each landfill should have a permit.
NTS landfills

join