It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Edit window

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I just tried to edit a post I made at 9:05am...this morning, and now at a little past 11:11am I'm told that my 4 hour edit window has expired!

How is this possible after only 2 hours?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

That happened to me last night. I wrote a short story. Two hours later I went back to the story. My story was a long story. I pasted it from iPhone note app twice. Lol so now I have a double long short story. I could not edit it. Lol
edit on 4 20 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Time is different in ATS land. It's always been that way. The 4 hour edit time is actually 4 half hours......

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Time is different in ATS land. It's always been that way. The 4 hour edit time is actually 4 half hours......

I based my interpretation of the elapsed time on the timestamps that appear in the header of each post...so it was 2 hours by ATS machine time...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This always happens to me if I use my mobile. Not as much of a problem when I use my desk top, but It has happened on my desk top as well.

I hope you get a solid answer because I too have wondered about this occurence, for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Haven't you heard that "time flies when we're having fun"?

I think the real edit window is 2 hours, and as been like that for a long time.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
When you edit a recent post, you will see a message just above the edit box, telling you that "You have x minutes remaining to edit this post".
The figure quoted is obviously counting down from "120 minutes", which is only 2 hours in the rest of the universe. At the end of those two hours, you get a "time has run out" message which quotes the wrong figure. That is all.
This question comes up from time to time, and I normally make some remark about ATS working on 30-minute hours.

edit on 20-4-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join