It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22's Operating from the UK *photographs*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Great pictures. I love the RC and C-17 shots. I think I actually like those better than the fighters.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cheers. BTW, have you ever witnessed F-15's landing? What a bizarre sound they make as they tweet like a bird. What causes that?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Both the F-15 and F-16 hydraulic systems make an odd wine as they make adjustments to the engine nozzles and speed brake, etc.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I know what you mean. I had to ask Zaph what that was too when we were watch Vipers come back during Red Flag last year. Definately an odd sound.

BTW, what camera set-up do you use and what settings is it usually on for those shots on the last page. I'm going back to Red Flag this July and need to hone my pic taking skills.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I worked F-15s at Nellis in the late 70s and remember that Whoop Whoop sound well. It is made by the exhaust nozzle controller (CENC) which is pneumatically operated by 13 stage bleed air. It in turn operates the nozzle actuators via flex cables. Can't tell you what I had for breakfast, but I remember that from 35+ years ago! Glory Days they were indeed! reply to: waynos

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: vinomech

Isn't it funny the crap you remember?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Those Raptor shots look great, was the sun setting? Can see so much detail. Also interesting that these Raptors are very clean. No RCS-bump bricks or anything on them.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

All they really have to do is leave their lights and antenna extended if they want to increase RCS. The bump bricks are great, but leaving everything extended works too.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

No worries. I use a Canon EOS60D fitted with a Tamron SP-70-300 lens. When shooting aircraft I tend to leave it on Av so I can keep the aperture to f7.1, which just happens to give the sharpest results on that lens. In lower light I put ISO to auto because it's still better than opening the aperture. If shutter speed goes faster than 1/400 I also turn stabilisation off.

ETA, the exception is for props (like the C-130 shot). Then I switch to Tv and set the shutter speed to 1/100 to 1/160 to show the props are moving.

edit on 16-5-2016 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

In THIS link you can see some bomb markings on one of the F-22's you also photographed. You can see them on the shots you took of the 086 bird.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vinomech

Thanks for that. Great answer. The whiplash sound from the downwash against the trees after it had gone past was awesome too.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

In THIS link you can see some bomb markings on one of the F-22's you also photographed. You can see them on the shots you took of the 086 bird.

Wow, I never noticed that. Thanks. It took me a week to spot the serial number on the nose of the aircraft I shot from underneath. :-)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Here you go. I went back to my shot and cropped a copy. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

I was lucky that the planes were in front of me while the sun was behind. I was also lucky that 086 and 091 landed 5 minutes after i arrived following a two and a half hour drive from Yorkshire :-)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

No, I was completely serious. Many products that we take for granted now came from either the military or space program.

m.mentalfloss.com...
www.mandatory.com...
www.digitaltrends.com...

Majority of the inventors are dead. They are taken for grant from spoiled rich(family style), greedy or corrupt(Monsanto).
Just like in imperialism when a Prince takes over the throne after the good king dies. You may never know how evil the new line of leaders are until you see their actions.
edit on 16-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Wont lie those pics made my toes curl. Amazing photos!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join