It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22's Operating from the UK *photographs*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Lots of experience finding dots here and there and learning how they fit together.

Really..damn. I thought there was a website or forum that might announce these things in advance.

By rhe way, great pics as usual Waynos

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

They usually aren't announced until they're airborne at the earliest, and many times not until they arrived. Sometimes with some pretty creative Google fu you can find blurbs that talk about what they're there for.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They usually aren't announced until they're airborne at the earliest, and many times not until they arrived. Sometimes with some pretty creative Google fu you can find blurbs that talk about what they're there for.

Great. Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I saw two of ours flying around over an area of town they normally don't on either Thursday or Friday last week. Odd, considering it was right near the commercial/civillian airport, and practically in a landing approach flight zone.

I mean, those guys obviously have clearance, but to fly right through where incoming planes pass very frequently? They couldn't go around?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Maybe they were worried about the RAF shooting down AF1 to stop the horrible weasel interfering in the democratic process over here?

Democratic process? Mess more like.

Nice pics OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

The span just looked a bit short head on. It may be a consequence of having big fan engines nowadays.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

This was my first visit to both. Lakenheath seems to be flat all around, but I found an abandoned farmhouse that allowed a view over the fence. At Mildengall I was directed to Johns field where the enterprising landowner has set up a viewing platform (several pallets on the back of a trailer) where you get a great view down the runway for a pound. That's how I got the head on shots. Going back next week so I may scout around.

edit on 20-4-2016 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I get most of my info by being a member of several Facebook aviation groups, there are also yahoo groups that circulate info too

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

I haven't been to The 'hall for about 20 years or more and all there was then was that little car park at the Eastern end of the runway,but a nice perimeter fence with holes in it big enough (almost) to stick a camera lens through.I saw my only ever flying KC-97J there back in the late 1970s or maybe very early 1980s.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Warmonger scum, we're at an age where these planes may as well have corporation logos stamped on their tail planes haha

Sorry but when we have a mad Russian president playing toy solders not that far away Id rather have the fancy planes about RAF or USAF.

Long as they are not bombing goat herders in the ME and being used for DEFENCE i dont see a problem.

Better in the safe airfields of england than in some war torn sand pit.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

I get most of my info by being a member of several Facebook aviation groups, there are also yahoo groups that circulate info too

Cool thanks. Hey, can I ask you, zaphod or anyone else in this thread if you have been to RAF waddington and sat on the glide slope? I'm thinking of going this year and wondered if,you had been and if it's worth it. I've been going to farnborough since 86 (saw the SR71 that year), but it's getting rubbish and way too expensive. So I wanted to try something different and this looks awesome. Sorry to hijack, please feel free to delete my post and reply via u2u.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Not me. But our trip this summer will include at least one day at Star Wars Canyon, which will be fun.
edit on 4/20/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: waynos

Cool thanks. Hey, can I ask you, zaphod or anyone else in this thread if you have been to RAF waddington and sat on the glide slope? I'm thinking of going this year and wondered if,you had been and if it's worth it. I've been going to farnborough since 86 (saw the SR71 that year), but it's getting rubbish and way too expensive. So I wanted to try something different and this looks awesome. Sorry to hijack, please feel free to delete my post and reply via u2u.

Thanks

Was that a Vulcan returning home in that video?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Indeed it was. I've been lucky enough to see her fly many times in the last 30 years. That howl...

Try to find a show about the vulcan with guy Martin. From 2015. Fascinating insight. Sadly, she can't be legally flown anymore so is grounded for good now.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

a reply to: sg1642

Indeed it was. I've been lucky enough to see her fly many times in the last 30 years. That howl...

Try to find a show about the vulcan with guy Martin. From 2015. Fascinating insight. Sadly, she can't be legally flown anymore so is grounded for good now.

I saw the last flight over head when I was driving. Quite a majestic creature.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks Zaphod

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You lucky devil waynos I've not been to lakenheath or mildenhall for a while. Great pics will look forward to the F-22 at RIAT this year

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Lots of experience finding dots here and there and learning how they fit together.

Really..damn. I thought there was a website or forum that might announce these things in advance.

By rhe way, great pics as usual Waynos

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

This one has a heads up section (sign up required) with loads of up to date info. and current sighting opps divided into Geographic areas.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The USAF deployment of F-22's to the UK ended last week. I managed a couple of trips to Lakenheath and Mildenhall before they went. Here is a further selection from the 400 plus shots i got over this period. Gotta say that standing right in front of a landing jet fighter is one of the biggest buzzes imaginable! At least I stayed on my feet, which is more than i can say for my son lol.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Those are some great shots of the Raptor!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join