It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRSB - Budget equals Weight???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi,

Randall Walden (Director of the RCO) has claimed that by releasing the actual LRSB contract value an enemy could estimate the weight and therefore capabilities of the new bomber. Apparently there is a correlation between cost and weight, just wondered if you guys agree?

I've heard that the engineers on the YF-23 believed that once the weight of the paperwork equalled the design weight of the aircraft it would be ready to fly :-), but not money - weight before.

Link to Bloomberg article

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

There is. I've heard that before talking about other aircraft. It costs X amount to get Y weight into the air, but the math is beyond my meager abilities to figure out.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Proof that the B21 is made entirely out of Scrap Metal, Boiled Sweets or Cannabis?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There is. I've heard that before talking about other aircraft. It costs X amount to get Y weight into the air, but the math is beyond my meager abilities to figure out.

Thanks Zaph, interesting! The maths is probably beyond me too!

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Cost and speed is fun too. They were looking at some high speed stuff and reached a point where trying to get an additional 0.5 mach out of it was the difference between "we might be able to buy this, if we don't go nuts and try to buy too many" and "unless we want to spend the next six years budget on three of these we better cut back".

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah I can see the correlation there, especially when looking at high mach stuff. To double the speed you quadruple the thrust ......and probably the budget too :-)

I Would love to see the verification of the budget = weight stuff that the intelligence agencies must have done in the past.

Cheers
Robbie

top topics

join