It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: "The Donald Trump campaign doesn't know what they're doing."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Says the losing man...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Says the losing man...

EXACTLY! Perhaps Cruz shouldn't "know what he's doing" and maybe he would be doing better at something other than scraping up stray delegates in back alleys.
edit on 4/20/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

I'd have to say what Cruz is doing really has nothing to do with the Trump campaigns knowledge of how delegates work, but all about isolating and then casting out Trump delegates so that the Cruz establishment delegates are the only ones left. This is the type of politics that demonstrates how the establishment is corrupt and controls elections. Thus is what's wrong with politics and why I don't trust the establishment. It's clear that they are in it for self preservation and not for the people.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

What propaganda are you referring to...

I was actually shocked that hannity was getting mean with Cruz . It's not like there was propaganda...at least in that segment. I actually cannot stand vanity most of the time, just happens he was on and I peeked up when hannity started to yell.

Maybe you are referring to someone knowing and playing by the rules? And the other is a loudmouth that will say anything he feels?

What are you getting at. I try looking at the situation from both stances

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ted Cruz has been digging at and insulting Trump and his campaign in almost every speech and interview he gives for the past 2 weeks. Meanwhile, Trump has taken a different direction.

It's had the effect of making Cruz appear very childish and somewhat desperate and I think Trump is finally learning that ignoring the childish wind up attempts by Cruz is far more powerful than hitting back at him.

People are not totally stupid. They see Trump thrashing Cruz in the overall contest - now 300 delegates ahead, over 2m votes ahead and winning more than double the states than that of Cruz. They then see Cruz winning when there is no vote and getting crushed when there is one.

Cruz can spin it as much as he wants, but Trump has out manoeuvred him and firmly placed Cruz as the establishment candidate playing establishment games and Cruz has been powerless to stop it happening. Outplayed, plain and simple.

Not so long ago, Cruz called for Kasich to exit as he could not get to 1237. Well, now Cruz can not get there either. If he does not drop out, it's just one more example of hypocrisy to hang around Cruz's neck. His only chance is to get delegates to ignore the votes of the people who elected them and switch to him in Cleveland on round 2 of voting. It would be a pointless victory. Trump has done such a good job of exposing the system as an insider game that if Cruz won this way he'd get smashed in a general election.

Trump is not just winning, he owns the GOP now to the extent that they have to rally behind him or destroy the party. Having said all of that I think the GOP will hit the self destruct button and hand the election to Clinton. That may be what they have wanted for some time - they have just been forced into a position by Trump where they can't hide it.
edit on 20/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Ted will do his best to hang around. I'm afraid we'll be seeing him for quite a while.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Hannity and Limbaugh are paid propaganda for the right. They work it for a pay check. All I am saying.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Who is Ted Cruz? Does he run a travel agency? Never heard of this guy and why is babbling about the next president? Shouldn't he be selling tickets to people for the cruise lines?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I'm not saying its an easy nor "fair" system but a candidate can still do well if they know what theyre doing.

well....that may or may not be true. There is only 1 pie, afterall.

Honestly, this sounds like a discussion about economy. "Capitalism may not be fair, but you can do well if you just try". We see how that works in real life. Don't get me wrong: im a 100% capitalist pig and proud of it. But have to recognize that in capitalism, most ends up in the hands of the few.

Kinda like our electoral process.

More pie?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Lots of emotional responses here. Whether you like Cruz or not, all you have to do is look at Colorado to see that his assertion is correct.

Trump did not/does not know what he is doing.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

As much as I dislike Cruz, he's absolutely right.

Problem is that neither Trump nor anyone in his camp knows how the delegate process works. They dont understand the difference between primaries, caucuses, bound, unbound delegates etc.

All theyre doing is complaining like a bunch of babies/spoiled brats.

I'm not saying its an easy nor "fair" system but a candidate can still do well if they know what theyre doing.

With all of Trump's money and support, if he and his team cant figure out the nomination process, how in the hell is he going to run the country?

Of course his handlers know every rule in every state. It's their job to know. There's too much at stake for them not to know.

If Trump is "messing up," I have to believe it's intentional -- because I do not believe that his advisors would be unaware of any step in the process.

Nope. I do not.

edit on 20-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Lots of emotional responses here. Whether you like Cruz or not, all you have to do is look at Colorado to see that his assertion is correct.

...and yet he is 300 delegates ahead. It's actually amazing what he has achieved. From 17 candidates he is the only one left who can get to 1237 delegates, having not run for office before.

The charge he doesn't know what he is doing is somewhat hollow and I have to say, over emotional.

I think I would agree that he does not not know enough about the delegate process in states where all the people don't get the opportunity to vote for a candidate, but that is a different charge and plays less to the general emotional outbust of 'he doesn't know what he is doing'.

Those kind of childish outbursts have been very much a feature of Cruz's campaign recently. He cant seem to let go of his anger.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Unfortunately I think you are right, Hopefully third party movements continue to grow and he becomes so marginalized that all he does is collect a pay check.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I think that they probably messed up and focused more on getting votes for delagates, than getting delagates without votes. However, there is a concerted effort to actually eliminate Trump delegates and replace them with Cruz delagates, whether it be legal or unfair, it doesn't pass the smell test personally.

Sure it's politics and dirty tricks, but thats what people are sick of.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

...and yet he is 300 delegates ahead. It's actually amazing what he has achieved. From 17 candidates he is the only one left who can get to 1237 delegates, having not run for office before. The charge he doesn't know what he is doing is somewhat hollow and I have to say, over emotional.

The fact that he is ahead is irrelevant to the point at hand. He did not know what he was doing in Colorado and paid the price for it. Cruz is correct in that aspect.

I think I would agree that he does not not know enough about the delegate process in states where all the people don't get the opportunity to vote for a candidate, but that is a different charge and plays less to the general emotional outbust of 'he doesn't know what he is doing'.

So you admit he doesn't know what he was doing, yet try to refute the claim that he didn't know what he was doing.

Those kind of childish outbursts have been very much a feature of Cruz's campaign recently. He cant seem to let go of his anger.

Sure. I'm not sure what this adds to the conversation, other than to make yourself feel better about Trump's proven ignorance. I suppose it's easier to attack Cruz than it is to come to terms with reality.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

I think that they probably messed up and focused more on getting votes for delagates, than getting delagates without votes. However, there is a concerted effort to actually eliminate Trump delegates and replace them with Cruz delagates, whether it be legal or unfair, it doesn't pass the smell test personally.

Sure it's politics and dirty tricks, but thats what people are sick of.

Doesn't matter in the context of the statement Cruz made.

Trump did not, in fact, know what he was doing in Colorado.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

...and yet he is 300 delegates ahead. It's actually amazing what he has achieved. From 17 candidates he is the only one left who can get to 1237 delegates, having not run for office before. The charge he doesn't know what he is doing is somewhat hollow and I have to say, over emotional.

The fact that he is ahead is irrelevant to the point at hand. He did not know what he was doing in Colorado and paid the price for it. Cruz is correct in that aspect.

So you admit he doesn't know what he was doing, yet try to refute the claim that he didn't know what he was doing.

Sure. I'm not sure what this adds to the conversation, other than to make yourself feel better about Trump's proven ignorance. I suppose it's easier to attack Cruz than it is to come to terms with reality.

You seem unable to separate not knowing about the Colorado process with a more general statement about 'not knowing what he is doing'

Why is that? It sounds like you are being over emotional and letting your hate cloud logical thinking. You have a track record of that.

edit on 20/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sean is most definitely... Rush has glimpses but they do talk hardly on many occasions about the republican establishment.

But they are no different than the multitude of leftist propaganda that is out there.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Imagine if he did know?

A good tactic is making your opponents underestimate you, too.

Make them over confident.

But how many of us knew any of this stuff in this detail before? Oh yeah, delegates, yup know all about that schinz...no prob!

Lots here act like they knew it all along. I sure as hell didn't. I was bitching about who tf were the electoral college people and their power and now we get this delegate no voter BS that you can bribe?! Seriously?

I'm not a bernie fan and hate hillary but I am steamed the DNC is worse than the RNC!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Imagine if he did know?

A good tactic is making your opponents underestimate you, too.

Make them over confident.

But how many of us knew any of this stuff in this detail before? Oh yeah, delegates, yup know all about that schinz...no prob!

Lots here act like they knew it all along. I sure as hell didn't. I was bitching about who tf were the electoral college people and their power and now we get this delegate no voter BS that you can bribe?! Seriously?

I'm not a bernie fan and hate hillary but I am steamed the DNC is worse than the RNC!

My own view is that he didn't know enough about the Colorado process and that is his fault, but like I said he has recovered it very well by attacking the system and Cruz fell into the trap of rallying behind the system. It's been an educational process for millions and has firmly placed Cruz as Mr Establishment (whether that is true or not).

The OP is about much more than Colorado though - Cruz is making the claim that Trump does not know what he is doing overall, saying childish things like 'his campaign could't run a lemonade stand'. When you think clearly though and look at what is actually happening, Trump is winning by a long way. People in general I think see that Cruz is just throwing hollow insults because he is losing the election AND losing the PR battle.

There will always be some that continue with the emotional outbursts like 'Trump does not know what he is doing' though. It's driven by hate or intense dislike for Trump and a need to support and defend the man who can stop him being nominated, albeit only through convention tactics now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join