It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Variations In Precipitation Over The Past Millennium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Stockholm University

www.su.se...

According to a new study in Nature, the Northern Hemisphere has experienced considerably larger variations in precipitation during the past twelve centuries than in the twentieth century. Researchers from Sweden, Germany, and Switzerland have found that climate models overestimated the increase in wet and dry extremes as temperatures increased during the twentieth century. The new results will enable us to improve the accuracy of climate models and to better predict future precipitation changes.
. . .
The researchers reconstructed changes in water availability by statistically analysing evidence for changes in precipitation and drought. To do this the researchers compiled hundreds of records of precipitation change across the Northern Hemisphere from archives including tree-rings, speleothems, lake sediments, and historical records. This is the first hemispheric-scale assessment of how a key societal resource – water availability – has fluctuated over the past twelve centuries.
To investigate the links between temperature and precipitation variations, the researchers compared their reconstructed precipitation variations with a temperature reconstruction which also was developed by the team. They conclude that it is possible to see clear correlations between variations in temperature and precipitation only in a few specific regions. For instance, during both the relatively warm twelfth century, and the relatively cold fifteenth century, drought was observed to be most widespread in the Northern Hemisphere.

“The study shows the importance of placing recent precipitation changes in a millennium-long perspective. Actual measurements of precipitation are too short to tell if the observed changes today fall outside the range of natural variability. Instrumental measurements are also too short to test the ability of state-of-the-art climate models to predict which regions of the hemisphere will get drier, or wetter, with global warming”, says Charpentier Ljungqvist.
. . .

I think this has some serious implications re global warming. However, I'm posting it primarily because I find it interest as well as practical in terms of anticipating the next years in the Northern Hemisphere.

Preppers may want to consider what inferences they can from such a study.

Certainly gardeners and farmers may find some of the information worth digging out.

And, I think it is wise for all global citizens to realize how incredibly complex such weather, temp and water changes are.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Is this one of the rare un-biased studies that doesn't attempt to blame humans for disturbing the weather patterns? If so, kudos to this team of scientists!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What does 're global warming' mean?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Is this one of the rare un-biased studies that doesn't attempt to blame humans for disturbing the weather patterns? If so, kudos to this team of scientists!

It certainly appears to me that it is independent, unbiased and reporting the researched facts as they found them.

I hope so.

Of course, the oligarchy's goals with global warming fails to pay any significant attention to contrary facts in such matters. Not expecting any change in that.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

To me, it means the oligarchy concocted and propagandized blather that mankind virtually alone is causing unprecedented global warming that will raise sea levels, cause famines etc. etc. etc.

I think warming MAY be occurring--may not--we might be entering a new mini-ice age.

However, I believe any warming of great proportions is attributable to other factors than man's burning fossil fuels etc.

I read in one case that they have found or estimated that 15,000 undersea volcanoes are adding warmth to the ocean.

And certainly land-based volcanoes spew far more purported greenhouse gases in one eruption than--in some cases--all man spews in a month or even a year.

And, I believe Trading Places movie director Aaron Russo's testimony about being told that the oligarchy concocted global warming to claim more money for the hoax in taxes etc. etc. etc. He can be found on youtube.

As I understand this article, they essentially demonstrate that predictions of warming based on old constructions on the last 1500 years of climate factors have to be recalculated, if not trashed wholesale.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

The only people still talking about global warming are the people who object to the idea.

Everyone else has been discussing climate change for years.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Although I believe Man has a small impact on Global Warming, in the end, it's something that's been going on much, much longer than Man has been using fossil fuels.. Years ago, before all this panic started, I saw a documentary that stated our climate and temperture were like a yo-yo and it was perfectly natural for it to swing. Also, that for about the last 10,000 years, we have been in a "warm period" and that it influenced our development as a species. It helped us as far as hunting, gathering, learning to farm, instead of being nomads, etc. Much of the Global Warming scare is for profit. Period. If it was meant to work, companies wouldn't get to trade "carbon credits" and there would be serious effort to find renewable energy. That we are still going to war and invading other countries for oil, should speak volumes.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If there is a disaster looming the people who make those decisions know that it won't matter in their life time. They will be gone when it gets much worse. No need for them to care at the expense of there money making efforts in the present time.

Mankind works in an after the fact disaster time frame.

top topics

join