It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: nonspecific
Crazyewok, grainofsand and gortex. Smurfy and soloprotocol are all bufoons.
Thanks for the kind words, you got the names right. We both appreciate your posts and threads.
originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Spike Spiegle
In response to the thread headline query:
1) The entire contents of The Shed, past, present, and future. Rarely is such love packed into one container.
2) Phage...because Phage.
3) YogaGinns + Iwinder (damn, I hope I got those names right) because these people are just... They make the world go round. With more people like these wandering the world, it's problems would evaporate in seconds before their warmth.
4) Brotherman because his creative mind is staggering.
5) Mods and owners generally, since we all owe them a debt of gratitude for giving us this place to operate our higher functions in.
6) Nonspecific and MrsNonspecific. Fantastic humans both.
7) Basically everyone on my friend list.
There are too many people needing a mention, and too few hours in the day. Suffice to say, most everyone around these parts has something about them that puts them in my good books, even those I disagree with frequently, and vehemently. We are all here, after all!
originally posted by: Bluesma
originally posted by: reldra
The 'competitors' dont have anything like this. Only WE have it.
I disagree. Every forum I've spent time on has the occasional "group hug" popularity fest.
There is almost always something like 6 or 7% of the population that strokes each other, while the others watch silently.
It is also usually followed in the next weeks by an unusually high amount of vitrol and hostility in threads, where there seems to be a rash of over-reaction.
It always seems to me that it is a result of those who watched, telling themselves they don't care that no one likes them, no biggie, but as the days go by it starts to make them feel more and more bitter, or at least quick to defend themselves.
You can't swing to one extreme without heading in the opposite afterwards. Karma and all that.