It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right to leave this world when we want?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
When others depend on us, our right to leave this world should be reduced by the needs of those we love, those that depend on us.

But if we are somewhere else. then we have the right to leave when we want.

I'm going to try hard to stay here as long as as possible, but I have my limits as to what is acceptable.

I live alone, so I am more free than many others.

edit on 20-4-2016 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

This reads like suicide justification.. Here's the truth you have a right to life one that I respect and a right to do whatever you want with it, and I will not judge you. If you need to talk please feel like the door is open, because it is. I also believe life is valuable so that means your life is valuable im sorry that you are lonely please talk to us if you feel like talking more.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The nice thing about ATS is somebody is always awake to listen. 24/7 because of nationality and time zones, we're always here. Someone is always here...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

(really big hug). Man i feel you droid56. Been there, almost did that. didn't buy the t-shirt. I can tell you that whatever is waiting on the other side will still be there for you when it is your time. That is going to happen eventually, one way or another. But this life, this world, this might be your only chance to experience it. Feel free to PM me, got nothing but love for you homie.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is a subject in torn on.

Upmost, the right to decide should be a given...

But I've also seen the devastation that suicide can bring to those left behind.

Heartbreaking stuff.

Hope you are well, Droid.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It certainly is your right.

But I would think longer and harder on why and what you can do to stop feeling that you might want to 'leave this life'. Your circumstances can change quickly. One day there is nothing and the next could be wonderful.

Many believe there is something after this. There is no proof, though.

Regardless, you need to talk to a professional. The cheapest insurance will cover that. It does not mean you have a mental deficiency, it means you will talk to someone with the knowledge to better help you on your path. A neutral party that can speak to you directly and frankly.

I will leave ou with this, as it always makes me feel better:

starting at about 3:19

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've contemplated leaving the flesh, many times.

Death does not scare me, what is or is not on the other side, does not scare me. There will always be another tomorrow, and a yesterday.

New personalities, born, everyday, ending everyday.

I've not been able to justify suicide other then the fact I don't like the state of my species, what is happening to it and on this planet, and the never ending control a small % have over an entire species and planet.

The thing is; death maybe an eternity. It may be a recycle of consciousness (reincarnate).
But the living in the flesh is temporary, and therefore that which is temperorary has no comparison to that which is an eternity.

If one is in pain, and is sick and tired to the literal meaning of both, I could understand justifying such. Also as you pointed out, your alone, that could drive your perception of the subject a little more.

But if one is not suffering, and just wants to leave just for the sake of "I've done my time here" kind of mind set, I don't think it's justified based on eternity vs temporarily.

Maybe a vacation, or a trip to nature could cure the mind from such a gripping thought of emancipation.

Nature is my true doctor. I always find myself, find happiness and joy when I'm immersed in nature, or with the elements. It brings my spirits back, and relieves me of the itching of insanity we call life.

I'm still young though, I have much time in the body, I need to help many others.
Currently my mission is to write a book, and share with humanity what I've learned and discovered about ourselves.

When that piece of work is done, it will come down to the state of humanity and earth. If things get worse and the masses keep getting walked on by a small %, I can't justify staying in the flesh any longer.

Though in my field and natures; one does not need to harm it's temple/body to emancipate. It can be done under deep meditations and letting go.

Other then that, the only way I would wish to go, is by the elements themselves.

Whatever you choose to do my friend, is your choice and your will. I respect you for it. Keep in mind, once the great divide occurs, there is no undo button.

What is done, is done.

As other members have graciously said; I too am always here for you or anyone else, to talk or listen. It gives me great satisfaction to allow others to open up without judgment.

Best wishes to you sir, be well ♡

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I been living somewhat similar process most of my life, i can remember since i was quite young i just dreamed to leave and move to places to places and never settle down anywhere and we kinda did for sometime as family and i think i was most happiest in that period of time. Then we settle down and things started to go weird for me, when i was teenage i was sure i am going to die when i turn 20 years. What happen i cannot quite explain other than i lost the will to live in this world and now over decade later i am still at same spot, not quite living but still dreaming to leave everything behind and get lost in to the world, i feel that there is my answer at least in my case.

I dont know what is exactly my point here but i want it to share my story bit and tell you that you are not alone in this and i feel that there is purpose for us if we can struggle through all the other stuff, even if it has to be about losing everything, even identity and stuff it holds.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
There are so many people fighting for their lives and suffering with cancer or other diseases. Loneliness can be changed. A deadly disease can't. Is there any way for you to connect with other people? Do you have any friends you can hang out with or ways to make new friends? Do your family members live far away? I don't know enough about your personal situation to say much really. You will always have your ATS family to turn to, to be by your side. We're here and we'll listen and hopefully someone can give you some insight or hope so you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. HUGS!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
***snip***
Regardless, you need to talk to a professional. The cheapest insurance will cover that.
***snip***

Shame you don't live in Denmark. Then it would be free.

These threads are always tricky. While it certainly is every persons right to "clock off" whenever they want, it should never be because of "I have given up hope".

I have informed my family and my wife that I intend to clock off when I am left with living the rest of my life in an old peoples home, or are in circumstances that are cronicly painfull and irreversible. my choice but they will be fore warned.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Then we settle down and things started to go weird for me, when i was teenage i was sure i am going to die when i turn 20 years. What happen i cannot quite explain other than i lost the will to live in this world and now over decade later i am still at same spot, not quite living but still dreaming to leave everything behind and get lost in to the world, i feel that there is my answer at least in my case.

Sounds a little like melancholic depression. No real cure, but lots of ways to treat it and cope with it. Certain types of NLP-style therapy can help and cognitive-behavioural techniques work with a lot of people too.

Sometimes the CBT approach, at least, provides terms with which someone can describe their state-of-mind. Catastrophism, intrusive thoughts, the cycle of change etc.

Like any therapeutic approaches, they're only ever as good as the counsellor and depend on the relationship too. One-to-one people skills can't be faked and help-scripts can be hammy.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Your life your choice.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I hope i am not intruding in this topic but perhaps my experience will give some food for thought at least and i did see similarities with droid56 post and my self.

Deep depression, panic disorder and psychosis is what doctors diagnosed me after i was kinda forced to go to see doctors, after i locked my self inside my home and didnt let ppl in.
I ate some pills for few weeks and then call it quits, i was forced to doctors couple times later but i feel like they cannot help me, no amount of pills could help me.

I had allot of friends, girl friends "i couldnt settle down with someone" i had many just awesome girl friends with whom i fall in love every time, whom were ready to settle with me, i was good at many things and i learned quickly anything that i put my heart into but i kept jumping from thing to thing, ppl to ppl, love to love and so on.

I am happy more i lose and learn to let go, i have realized that my spirit belongs to move all the time and being settled down it is just suffering. Now i know that this world, humans world doesnt work like that, we suppose to settle down and build home, family, careers and live all that but perhaps it is my "gypsy" spirit that howls for constant movement and denied it, it just lays down and let the dust settle.

Now i dont have friends, no girl friends, i am not good at anything really " no heart in it ", i guess i lay down as long they will force me again and then i will leave everything and just go get real lost somewhere, i am not worried of dying but i also want to live, somehow.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
When others depend on us, our right to leave this world should be reduced by the needs of those we love, those that depend on us.

But if we are somewhere else. then we have the right to leave when we want.

I'm going to try hard to stay here as long as as possible, but I have my limits as to what is acceptable.

I live alone, so I am more free than many others.

The belief that one should hang on as long as possible through the end day's horrors of life are simply silly and make no sense. Everybody dies and doing so in a hospital bed with tubes going in here and out there is not the way I want to die. I've had a heart attack and cancer and have no fear of the state of dying and the fact that my entire persona may disappear from all existence. Actually, I think that I'll simply revert back into the mass consciousness, but, yes, everything worldly about me will be gone.

I nursed, in home hospice, my stricken wife and I see no glory in a body wasting away and the mind of that person retreating inwardly to where that person is not there anymore. Death frequently is a blessing. The living usually heal from the passing of a close one, they have to if they want to go about living. If not, don't blame the one that died.

I know, rather a harsh assessment, but we Westerners have a rather privileged view on life that is not warranted by the honest evidence.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Your government depends on your taxes. Advertisers depend on your spending habits for support. Charities depend on your donations for those who are starving or homeless. Somebody's god says it's a sin. Should any of those reduce your ability to end your life?

The problem with any discussion on this topic, as well as a few others is, we can't get past the social constructs and taboos of the society we grew up in. That bias is always there, and and we are often unaware of it, or in denial. I have noticed on ATS there are those more open-minded about it than I meet IRL.

You have the right to end your existence here any time you want. It's your choice. No one can stop you unless they know your plans, but like others have said, is it a permanent solution to a temporary problem?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I don't know you but I love you. Stick around. U2U me if you'd like to talk. Give me some time to respond, I get random busy. I'm on your side.

I've been there, it passes (my family always quotes someone "This too will pass."). We (ATS) or me (send me a private message) can figure it out with you. You're not alone.

Really feel free to send me a message and vent. Go for a walk. It helps. You have friends here. Things will get better. Don't give up. Hug from me and virtual snug from my weird Border Collie.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We don't have the right to choose. At least not according to our government. If you attempt and are unsuccessful, you would be institutionalized by a court order to put you there. Judges and everything get involved when you try to off yourself.

Honestly, it may be time for you to seek professional help if you have gotten to this point.

Take it from somebody who's been there. Go get help.

Take Care, stay strong, and look for the little things that make you happy.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I really think it depends on the context of the situation.

If you have kids and a job and a wife and so on, I would hope you would look deeper and understand that on a psychological level they do need you and love you. I fully believe in this world that no matter what there is someone out there who needs you. Maybe it is from my own struggle with suicidal demons that I have been able to break it down to such a simplified method (i am extremely analytical) but in truth, there really is. You may be making a difference in someone's life without even realizing the depths in which you effect them. Although some call it selfish, I also see it from the depressed individual's point as I have been there.

Suicide seems extremely selfish from the outside. Anyone who has never been there can only conclude that "You're ony thinking about yourself" mentality. Which is entirely untrue. They perceive it as an act with malicious intent and there is seemingly no convincing them otherwise. The truth is, in wanting to take your own life, you are actually considering those around you constantly and overwhelmingly. Thoughts such as "The world would be a better place without me" or "if I die, my family will get the insurance money and won't have to struggle" creep up uninvited and sink their jaws into your thoughts with a grip that never lessens. It can be overwhelming and cause the person to sink deeper into their vortex of self loathing.

For those reasons I cannot support the right to take your life in a suicidal fashion based on depression. If you recognize a friend is distant, reach out. Show some support. They may only need someone to talk to or someone to simply smile at them. In any event, if you see something say something.

HOWEVER, in a situation such as Stage 4 lymphoma or any aggressive cancer or disease, I think that it could be considered. If the likelihood that you would survive drops exponentially low, I think it should fall on the person who is infected whether they would like to bypass the coming months and drop off into a deep sleep instead of torching themselves for a less than 5% chance of survival.

I'll leave you with this... If you ever see someone and think "If I could end their suffering I would", then what, I ask, is so different about allowing someone else to control their own suffering?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Side note, it sounds like you are struggling and I am always here to talk. Please feel free to privately message me about anything. I've been There and I've lost hope. I've been in many dark situations so I may be able to relate.

new topics

top topics

join