It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump staffers face threat of blacklist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: roadgravel
Maybe next cycle they will drop the dog and pony show and just state this is our puppet.

They kind of already do that. Their parties, their rules.

If Trump really were such and anti-establishment candidate he would have run Third Party like Perot did. I honestly think he would have done better with that route.

The bottom line is that as much as I'd like a third party ticket to gain ground and make a difference, it will never win an election under the current system, ever.

Trump should run as independent, but his best chance of winning is under one of the Republican ticket. He's just not a puppet, like the other candidates and we are witnessing the establishments backlash. If he can split the party, it would be great bc we need something drastic to break this two party system.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

If the effort is put in ahead of time I feel a Third Party candidate has a chance to win at the national level where the delegates are Constitutionally bound to remain faithful to the voters.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm really glad they only pull this sneaky corrupt backstabbing lying BS on their opponents when trying to win a race and not any other time.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy that they can get down to biz working for the voters, when it's all over.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Why is this so bizarre to people?
If you support a crazy and divisive politician, you can expect people to have opinions about that and not want to work with you.

If you go into work tomorrow and start being a racist, should all your colleagues and customers just accept that because it's "unfair" to treat you like the utter contemptible fool that makes you?

Like it or not, people can choose to work with people or not, based on their attitudes. If you support an ignorant politician being hateful, dangerous and divisive in his extreme politics, then why the hell should anyone be FORCED to work with you?

These people are not being "persecuted", their political stupidity is being rejected, these are entirely different things.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

a reply to: mkultra11

If the effort is put in ahead of time I feel a Third Party candidate has a chance to win at the national level where the delegates are Constitutionally bound to remain faithful to the voters.

I'm afraid to say that this system has a stranglehold and as we are witnessing, not easily letting go.

Third parties have put in respectable effort to make noise, but that's it. The establishment on both sides control the media and the masses. Third party candidates are just mocked and marginlized. Something drastic needs to be done and I guess Trump is serving a purpose and I do hope the Republican party gets fractured and it opens up a chance for a third party to realistically have a chance.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
Third parties have put in respectable effort to make noise, but that's it. The establishment on both sides control the media and the masses. Third party candidates are just mocked and marginlized. Something drastic needs to be done and I guess Trump is serving a purpose and I do hope the Republican party gets fractured and it opens up a chance for a third party to realistically have a chance.

With our first past the post electoral process you need a Third Party candidate to outgain one of the majors, not a fractured party. Let them rot and pull from the middle where most Americans reside.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

To blacklist people like that is just unamerican to say the least. Also, left leaning liberals are just hypocrites. They've whined about McCarthyism but approve blacklisting Trump supporters?

I honestly don't care if Trump gets the nomination, but you shouldn't be throwing out allegations of McCarthyism if you don't know what it means.

McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."

Being told that working for a specific candidate would destroy your chances of advancement in that party in the future isn't McCarthyism.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Maybe next cycle they will drop the dog and pony show and just state this is our puppet.

They kind of already do that. Their parties, their rules.

If Trump really were such and anti-establishment candidate he would have run Third Party like Perot did. I honestly think he would have done better with that route.

The bottom line is that as much as I'd like a third party ticket to gain ground and make a difference, it will never win an election under the current system, ever.

Trump should run as independent, but his best chance of winning is under one of the Republican ticket. He's just not a puppet, like the other candidates and we are witnessing the establishments backlash. If he can split the party, it would be great bc we need something drastic to break this two party system.

If Trump had run as a third party candidate, he would have gotten the 5% of the vote to BREAK UP THE CURRENT SYSTEM. That third party would have equal ballot access and access to public funding.

That, alone, is better than winning the presidency.

Splitting the party? Nope, that won't break up the two party system. It just gives democrats a huge edge if there's still no third party on a level playing field.

Trump sure seems like a two-party puppet to me. I don't care how much he markets himself as a victim and outsider -- smoke and mirrors, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My business partner a cardiologist thinks Trump shows signs of physical burn out; In fact a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen. And as I watch Trump at his Rally's; he doesn't look to healthy. The campaign must be taking its toll on a 70 yr old man as evidenced by his watery eyes and red face. High blood pressure?

Thus will his electoral status matter much if he pushes to hard and has to be hospitalized? And his staffers will be looking for another job.

edit on 20-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I like you but this even caught me as messed up. My first question would be Why in the world is their political leanings even being brought up in an interview to begin with? Most people with a lick of common sense know politics and religion are not safe topics in most public settings. Heck sometimes it's not cool in a private setting. The second question being what does who they vote for have to do with their ability to perform a specific job? Personally I would rather have a qualified Trump supporter working for me than an unqualified Sanders/ Clinton supporter. It seems bad business to hire or not based off of an ideology that 9 times out of 10 has zero to do with the average job.

LoL now that I said that I am still a fan of yours even if we disagree on some things!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Threat? No , promise. I would not hire an overt trump supporter. I mean to say if they would state their opinions in front of clients or go on about them to me.

In fact, maybe we can get them listed as such on Angie's List. LOL

You're making a wild assumption a Trump supporter would have enough faith in your business practices and decision making to want to work for you in the first place.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Threat? No , promise. I would not hire an overt trump supporter. I mean to say if they would state their opinions in front of clients or go on about them to me.

In fact, maybe we can get them listed as such on Angie's List. LOL

Classic case of political persecution.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Some bigot somewhere is thinking. . .

Woman? Nope, gotta treat them equal.
Blacks? Nope, equal as well.
LGBTQ? Dang! They have to be treated equally as well.

I know! I'll be a complete bigoted ass and not hire based on political ideology!

I can still get away with that and people will support me in doing so!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join