It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the Empaths

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

No, and that was not my intent.

ETA: I am not trying to secure my identity. I am trying to understand how empaths identify themselves.

So, can we get back to sharing experiences and knock off with trying to figure out what I'm up to. Thanks.

edit on 22-4-2016 by quercusrex because: just 'cause.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
answer to an edit several posts down
edit on 22-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
a reply to: ClownFish

I simply want to learn more about people who are hyper-sensitive to emotions. That's really all there is to it.

Being hypersensitive and being empathic are in fact to different things...

Personally I find being empathic a horrific nightmare full of indescribable terror. I have fed off other people as you described in your OP. That was a long time ago when I was in a very different place mentally and emotionally. I choose not be like that anymore.
I have also dabbled in healing, reading, control and many other things that I cannot detail here.
PM me an honest question and I will give you an honest answer...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
originally posted by: quercusrex
a reply to: vethumanbeing

quercusrex: No, and that was not my intent. ETA: I am not trying to secure my identity. I am trying to understand how empaths identify themselves. So can we get back to sharing experiences and knock off with trying to figure out what I'm up to. Thanks.

So what is (this base line) curiosity regarding an Empath's ability? "Knock what off" (your words); exactly regarding trying to figure out "What are YOU up to"? What is your premise. Do you not like the information Empaths are giving you? Was that not your point (to speak to)? Open the conversation up? First Law: You cannot argue with an Empath as knows your thought forms before you think them.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: quercusrex

I can't go to elementary schools. I know who the abused children are, first my stomach hurts then I look around and I see her/him by their countenance. I don't like to talk about it that much. Can I give it away?
i can totally relate to this. I work at a an elementary school and at first I used to cry when I saw what some kids go through. I now can hide it better, and give them all my attention and protection with a smile, and a lot of praying. I feel drained some days beyond belief - not due to physical exhaustion but the emotions I pick up on. I am fiercely protective of the kids I watch over; and luckily I work with another girl who is the exact same as I am - if I didn't have her with me it would be harder. We joke around a lot to keep our spirits up. I can't and won't go to bars - too depressing;! In fact, other than work I don't go many places. I see people as either good or bad; and I know immediately. They don't even need to speak. Those people I avoid and will not engage with period!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hudsonhawk69

You should read my post.

Empaths are just energy connectors. They're as varied as the physical humans in your life. It's not a special "talent" given to specific energy connectors so they can be benevolent. They're just born that way. Don't buy into the hype. That being said, they may have more insight in understanding there's more then what you can see and touch. I think some see it as a spiritual gift and feel they should use it in positive benevolent ways. But, there are also those that see it and use it as a tool to manipulate and take advantage of. So please, as with off planet beings --- don't put them in one box.

There is nothing mystical or special. Its just energy connection. And what you choose to do with it.

The compassion, emotions, benevolence, etc - - - comes from our culture, from man teachings.

Most of us are brought up with a God believe. An All Loving God, yada yada. Then we have these energy connections.

The experience is odd and strange - - it must be God. Uh, No! God is not required. That is just man's teachings.

edit on 22-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Okay, time for intentional comic relief, out of respect to the OP who you all are just shy of ganging up on!

You are all speaking about steak while I'm about to have fish for dinner. Right now I'm thinking that's cannibalism...sounds fishy? But you sure decided what I hope to have tomorrow!

A friend stated the way she likes her steaks, "So rare, a good vet could still heal it."

Actually, that seems fitting for this thread now. I once found my goldfish floating in it's bowl, no longer moving and pale. I put my hands around the bowl and it came back to life. A few days later it happened again. But the third time, I couldn't save it. Don't know why I'm sharing that. So much for comic relief...

I'm done...be nice, everyone. This thread gave us a great opportunity to share some of our experiences and takes on it, so thank you, OP.

CF

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

You are all speaking about steak while I'm about to have fish for dinner. Right now I'm thinking that's cannibalism...sounds fishy? But you sure decided what I hope to have tomorrow!

Gonna make you laugh. I'm raising my high functioning Autistic grandson, age 8. (oh yeah, and he tells us he used to live in Hawaii, was a girl when he past his drivers test, and his real name before he was born).

Anyway, he comes to me crying. I ask him what's wrong. He says I'm eating dead animal. You killed the chicken. You're not supposed to kill animals. So, I said, that's OK. You don't have to eat it. But, no more McDonald Happy Meals. Horrified look on his face. I said, hamburgers are dead cow. He says, "Except Mc Donalds". LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
There is always an exception to ones perceived "RULES of Life's Engagements" (hopefully to ones advantage breaded fried fish vs chicken nuggets vs burgers) and includes a huge dose of humor in the RECON of circumstance.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sorry about my name, I made this account a long time ago and browse ATS from time to time just to see if there is anything that catches my interest. I like this thread, and I think there is a lot of good conversation here.

I do not understand it a lot, but I am a bit of an empath, but more of a vampire for negative energy/emotion. My wife on the other is a somewhat strong empath. She is a magnet for negative energy and I see it effect her everyday with medical issues like Fibro, depression, anxiety, and in her arthritis. When she is around people she gets really stressed and they all flare up. It really saddens me because she cannot control it.

But, OP, if you are looking for information into all of this then I will try to explain how I work. I am either an empath who has an addiction to processing the negative, or a vampire who feeds on negative. I will intentionally get people wound up just to "feel" the energy in the room. That part I am not proud of, but I will drain it all until I can't take anymore and they are back to normal. I am like those people you meet that can piss you off to no end but you really like being around them. Its because they feed off of that emotion/energy. I put this to good use though. By profession I am in emergency services. When working I do not have to get people angry or wound up or depressed, they are already like that when they call me. I am exceedingly good at getting them calm, and its because I feed off of them. That sounds bad, but its a win-win. They are calm and better able to communicate their problem, and I am energized and better able to help.

I also am very good at drawing out my wife's problems. Empaths as we have read like to isolate when they have absorbed too much. I can sense it when she is doing this, and I get her to relax and let go of it all. Its probably why we work so well together. The only problem is that she feels relief and goes to sleep peacefully and I am full of energy browsing ATS at 5 AM. Oh well lol, I don't know what I would do without her and we make each other very happy.

I hope this helps. And don't think too badly of all emotional vampires they are not all bad, and not all feed off good energy. I love being around happy people and I do my best to promote it and not drain any of it. People in general are happy far to rarely and I will not take that from them. For any empaths on here I suggest you also find a vampire friend to help you, it seems to really help my wife.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Just to let you know, if you read my last post on this thread, I am an INFJ. Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging. I love the Jung personality test. It taught me a lot about myself when I was trying to figure things out. I think everyone should take it. I am the "Confidant" personality. Makes sense for an emotional vampire. Tell me your problems (let me absorb and feed off all of your problems) and you will be better able to solve your problems with a clearer mind. LOL. A lot of the suggested professions for the type involve dealing with other peoples' pain and problems.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ClownFish

Gonna make you laugh. I'm raising my high functioning Autistic grandson, age 8. (oh yeah, and he tells us he used to live in Hawaii, was a girl when he past his drivers test, and his real name before he was born).

Anyway, he comes to me crying. I ask him what's wrong. He says I'm eating dead animal. You killed the chicken. You're not supposed to kill animals. So, I said, that's OK. You don't have to eat it. But, no more McDonald Happy Meals. Horrified look on his face. I said, hamburgers are dead cow. He says, "Except Mc Donalds". LOL

My kind of logic. I often say I'm a vegetarian between meals!

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

edit on 23-4-2016 by ClownFish because: Accidental double post. My iPad is more sensitive than I am! Sorry.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: voudew

Good morning, strange friends!

Wow. It amazes me how different even the same personality types can be. I am an INFX, so that's a bit rarer perhaps. Are you sure you're not an INTJ, or even ENTJ?

I just don't relate to all this vampire talk. I do know that some are addicted to adrenaline and wonder if this might be an unconscious motivator that leads to bizarre behavior that gets an odd label on it that then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy? (Inside, a silly part of me is trying to sing that song, "The hip bone's connected to the..." but I've thankfully forgotten the words)

It fascinates me that you say all this with such confidence and pride of ownership and I appreciate the inner glimpse. It's good to know you've found a useful outlet for it. I'm the opposite and no amount of invisible is invisible enough for my comfort. I do like being a fly on the wall, but I'd rather be a subatomic particle of an invisible fly....well, maybe not...I just saw how big a fly swatter would look like.

And so, Annee...can I borrow your invisibility cloak?

Sorry, OP, but perhaps you can enjoy a better perspective via the intercourse, if you can see the humor in it?

To be honest, OP, I lost some sleep over you. I had an insight that I wanted to share with you but I've lost it already.

Oh! I found it, just before I hit Reply! The book is called "Please Understand Me" and it's a fascinating read. There's a test in it you can take and learn your own type. But word to the wise, you need to be brutally honest with yourself. We have a tendency to see ourselves in better light than we think. For example, there was a true or false question along the lines of "I am a trusting person," which I proudly and confidently marked true, and then that same irritating, inner voice who forgot the words of the bone song, had no problem interrupting my moment by saying, "Oh yes? Name five people you trust. When was the last time you trusted anyone?"....And so, I erased my answer, sobered up, and started from the beginning.

I was thinking that it is invaluable to begin with knowing yourself, if you want to understand others. In fact, it's a Maxim in some schools. And, as Annee and I concurred, it goes from knowing thyself to knowing thySelf, which is the greater goal, and to some, Holy Grail.

CF

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: voudew

Very interesting reply, thank you.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I was thinking that it is invaluable to begin with knowing yourself, if you want to understand others.

I know myself quite well. Thank you for the posts though, they are quite informative.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't particularly like the term vampire myself but there isn't really a more recognizable term for what it is. Can't really think of a term which gets so right to the point either.
Also I didn't believe the Jung personality test when I took it since I couldn't believe I was such a rare type, but I have taken it a few times and INFJ it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: voudew
I don't particularly like the term vampire myself but there isn't really a more recognizable term for what it is.

I don't think "reliever" would be an accurate term for it either although it is close.

My start of the thread was not about people who entice pain or suffering to feed off of it. I was more asking about ones who take pain from others but gain energy themselves.

My other question was do these same people absorb but also amplify other peoples joy, happiness, or ecstasy as they "feed" on it. I don't like the term "feed" but don't know any other way to express it.

I used the word "empaths" in a general sense not allowing for a span of different types. I see from all of your responses that there is a very full spectrum of hyper-sensitive people.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You should read my post.

Empaths are just energy connectors. They're as varied as the physical humans in your life. It's not a special "talent" given to specific energy connectors so they can be benevolent. They're just born that way. Don't buy into the hype. That being said, they may have more insight in understanding there's more then what you can see and touch. I think some see it as a spiritual gift and feel they should use it in positive benevolent ways. But, there are also those that see it and use it as a tool to manipulate and take advantage of. So please, as with off planet beings --- don't put them in one box.

There is nothing mystical or special. Its just energy connection. And what you choose to do with it.

The compassion, emotions, benevolence, etc - - - comes from our culture, from man teachings.

Most of us are brought up with a God believe. An All Loving God, yada yada. Then we have these energy connections.

The experience is odd and strange - - it must be God. Uh, No! God is not required. That is just man's teachings.

I know... You shouldn't read things into my post that aren't there...

Not very empathic of you .!.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hudsonhawk69

You should read my post.

I know... You shouldn't read things into my post that aren't there...

Not very empathic of you .!.

Did I?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join