It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the Empaths

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex

If you have the gift you should use it and also take from it.

That would make sense.

What do you want?

You want something?

Are you having medical or emotional issues?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Do you feel that protective energy shield you created starting to wrap around you? Actually, gets a little claustrophobic at times.

Aha! Actually, I don't! No one told me we were supposed to create a protective energy shield!!!....I said I was an empath...I didn't say was smart!

Thanks for the obvious tip.

I just know I'm done when I'm out and find that I am not looking at anyone and then it advances to severely avoiding eye contact with anyone, because I just can't take it. I hate it when that happens, because normally I make eye contact with everyone and we smile. But sometimes, when I'm out and getting tired, it seems like I'm about to turn inside out.

So, is there a thread somewhere on Creating an Energy Shield 101?

Wow, I'm hitting blanks here. Perhaps you just uncovered, pardon the pun ,what makes us empaths!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

I just know I'm done when I'm out and find that I am not looking at anyone and then it advances to severely avoiding eye contact with anyone, because I just can't take it. I hate it when that happens, because normally I make eye contact with everyone and we smile. But sometimes, when I'm out and getting tired, it seems like I'm about to turn inside out.

Oh, that wanting to disappear and fade into the wallpaper feeling. Yep, know it well.

I was just born this way. Used to "fly" a lot when I was about 5/6. I remember floating up the walls, the ceiling disappearing, and flying.

The protective shield? Just pretend you are Harry Potter in his invisible cloak. Don't complicate it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The protective shield? Just pretend you are Harry Potter in his invisible cloak. Don't complicate it.

Actually, that sounds too complicated, lol.

I just know that when I get caught off guard that way, that I need to back off and be more discerning about time and energy management. It's sort of a self correcting mechanism. I'm learning to do less, and spend less time at it. You know what I mean? I'm at the point where I can just be more proactive. It's that first maxim, "Know Thyself" or rather thySelf. When I've messed up by getting myself spread too thin, I sort of accept the consequences with an inner snarl and frown and then regroup.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"Know Thyself" or rather thySelf. When I've messed up by getting myself spread too thin, I sort of accept the consequences with an inner snarl and frown and then regroup.

YES!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am learning so much from this thread.

I've been living with this for a very long time not knowing.

I knew something was different about me but I just blamed it on my powerful anxieties, social and other.

But where does this anxiety come from. I get it now and am excited to harness this and start developing understanding and tools.

It's almost mind blowing for me reading these descriptions and testimonies. I know for sure I am an empath now. it's good and bad but should get better now. I hope.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

But where does this anxiety come from.

Did someone say it was anxiety?

Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It's almost mind blowing for me reading these descriptions and testimonies. I know for sure I am an empath now. it's good and bad but should get better now. I hope.

That is really cool. I mean it, that's really cool (or insert proper current slang here).

I find it sometimes confusing and sometimes entertaining to discern if the anxiety that I feel is my own or from someone else. If you read my Intro, then you would know that I had spent some time with the State Police re some odd events. I used to love to visit with the head honcho over there, but one day I was sitting in the chair I always sat in, and I just started to squirm something awful. I just couldn't sit still in that chair and even he noticed and began to frown and wondered if I were hiding something from him. With a red face, I promised him I wasn't but he wouldn't buy it and said that he knew a guilty face when he saw one, adding, "Not 15 minutes ago a fellow admitted to committing a murder, and he was sitting right there in that chair."

Whoa! No wonder I was so uncomfortable! A face reader's eyes would have been twitching, trying to read all the thoughts and emotions that were colliding in my head at that moment.

Anyway, smile. It's wonderful to know you aren't crazy...or as I say, maybe a little around the edges, but within normal limits.

CF

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I want information and insight. This discussion has proved most helpful. Thank you all for contributing.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I want information and insight. This discussion has proved most helpful. Thank you all for contributing.

NO. I can feel it.

You want something for a specific reason.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I have all kinds of anxiety. Social anxiety and general with physical symptoms and panic attacks. I also have most if not all the traits of an empath.

I have gone a very long way in learning how to cope, nearly defeating anxiety, but I think for me the two are connected. Especially the social part.

Learning that I very well may be an empath is helping me to understand my past and current anxiety.

Hopefully that made sense.

Extra confusing because it was a rhetorical question to myself with no question mark. My fault.
edit on 21-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Wow! That's crazy, so you felt the residual negative energy!

This is what I mean by this thread giving me understanding. I have felt absolutely terrible either physically or mentally or both and it comes out of seemingly nowhere.(can't breath, heart pains or palpitations, fleeting headaches, twitches, sadness, doom, fear, ect.....)

Now I can pay more attention when these feelings come on and potentially find a source outside of my own mind.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

There's something you're not saying.

Family/relative - - - suicide/destructive behavior.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I have all kinds of anxiety. Social anxiety and general with physical symptoms and panic attacks. I also have most if not all the traits of an empath.

I would first suggest diet.

I prefer a modified Atkins.

No sugars, no alcohol, no fast food, no chemicals. Small meals every 4 to 6 hours.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ETA: That was too much of a drift.

Nm

everyone, carry on

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Your reply bemoans the fact you want an empath to feed off you. You tell me that's what we 'should' do.

Who should get the ultimate say in what I should or should not do with my being an empath? You--a stranger on a forum who has never experienced it? Or should it be me, the individual who actually owns it and experiences this their entire life?

You have the wrong idea how it works if you think I should "take" from it. The emotions aren't mine. Have you taken a look around you lately? Would you want to mop up some of the negative emotions spilling around you, then struggle to fully release them, sometimes for weeks? Would that detail your life? Would you like to spend days with a crowd of negative people?

And there is no need for me to 'feel' you want something from empaths. It is crystal clear from the words you've used that you want something to be taken away from you. You are the one who wants to feed. To have the gall to tell me what I should and should not do with my empathy is like telling a man just because he has a sexual organ he should go forth and father thirty babies. Never mind the overload to him, his life, his work or his wife. It's just what he should do as the ability to procreate is the gift.

We have shields in place for this very reason. You cannot convince an empath to help you by telling them they should. They feel the brunt if everything. Shoulds stand up like a paper bag in a tsunami.

edit on 21-4-2016 by pacific because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pacific

Wow...maybe I'm naive, but you and Annie seem to think that the OP has a hidden agenda. I'm just not getting that. I mean, I'm not getting a negative agenda. I think he has questions, and yes, for a reason, but my take is that he is trying to figure something out for himself. Plus, maybe connecting the wrong dots here, but even the posts from GoShredAK sort of confirm it to me.

BUT...that reminds me of something I did indeed figure out many, many years ago, because of all this type of thing:

There's nothing wrong with the impressions...it's the interpretation of the impressions is where we, or at least I, make our mistakes.

Please, with a wince, I'm not saying you're making a mistake. That's not my point or intent, so please, don't see or read that. I'm just saying that this was a lesson that I learned the hard way. For me, it's about discerning between the impression and the interpretation of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pacific

And there is no need for me to 'feel' you want something from empaths. It is crystal clear from the words you've used that you want something to be taken away from you.

Maybe.

Or wants to gain the ability to do something.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

a reply to: pacific

Wow...maybe I'm naive, but you and Annie seem to think that the OP has a hidden agenda. I'm just not getting that. I mean, I'm not getting a negative agenda.

I do, for sure.

The approach was negative. I don't believe the need is meant to be.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Thanks Annee...sorry I spelled your name wrong...I'll have to respect your impression, even though I don't share it.

I do agree about the diet though, from two different angles. Whey my psychism was first noticed, my priest thought I was possessed and put me on a fast, not knowing that fasting increases psychism...a good example of impression vs interpretation of the impression...and at the other end of the spectrum, or spectacle in this case, actually both cases, the bunch of so called psychics I got involved with years later would purposefully eat meat when they felt they were getting too sensitive. I don't know if that second part works, but I'm always looking for a good excuse for a good steak, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join