It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jia Jia... The realistic robot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hi folks,
I remember reading about the creation of realistic robots awhile back in the news paper and my mind always wonders to the future, where robots will be taking over. I have an overactive imagination.
Jia Jia is China's creation of a robot that can chat with you and has micro expressions on her face. While it is interesting and an accomplishment, I wonder why the world would need such a creation. Here is link to article,
www.msn.com...
What do you think folks? Where does this take us? A future with realistic robots... to what end and for what reason?

Dubbed the robot goddess, Jia refers to her creators as lords,

Jia in action,

edit on 19-4-2016 by peppycat because: added videos

cj6

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

This is creepy. There is no need for robots. In fact it would be a very bad idea for robots to exist because if they advanced to a point where they can function better than humans they would basically start taking over jobs and God knows how bad it is now

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6 I get a foreboding feeling for the future, when I see things like this in the news... yes it is creepy.

cj6

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Will Smith already tried to warn us with I, Robot

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Im actually gonna state what i think.

- I believe they will be used as sex toys, with a VR set. In maybe 10 years, as a guy, you will f*** the # out of a robot.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Is not robots we need to worry about. But the intent of the people who design, build and use them.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6 We have learned nothing from The Terminator either.... now robots are looking like us!?!

cj6

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Azeban

Maybe if they made a robot Scarlett Joh....OHMYGOD someone made a robot Scarlett Johansson!!! You may be right sir....you may be right

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Azeban The Sci-Fi movie Surrogates cover this use of human like robots.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have to! Sorry!
Ja-Ja-Ja-Jia!

Jia Pet jokes aside, my question is WHY? They are fighting over islands they are making in the sea, blaming everything on the US then stealing all of the tech, not keeping an unruly North Korea calm, have an alarming pollution problems, etc. So... WHY?

OK Chine, we get it. You won! Put your creepy robot away and see to your problems!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic Data from ST:TNG wasn't so bad, but his creator messed up on the first version of Data. Sci-Fi writers seem to have a glimpse into the future.
I can't quite figure why we need robots to look like and think like humans... to serve lonely rich people?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF Lol! Well said.😊 some people have too much time and money on their hands with brilliant minds that could be put to better use.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The neat things that China are doing do not get any MSM coverage. They have a huge solar and wind power generation plant up and working. They back the whole think up with industrial batteries. And I am glad that there are people here on ATS that appreciate hearing about that stuff.

Maybe the Kardashians are losing their edge! (crosses fingers)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
On the first video they said it's a cyborg. It's not a cyborg. It's a robot. A cyborg is a melding of human and machine.

I can see where all this robotic research is going:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Well we are an arrogant species ...

"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness"

... only fitting that we make them look like us.

edit: Surrogates! Awesome movie!
edit on 19/4/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark lol! In the future one will just have to keep their robots/erm..uh partners away from water!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement Didn't even think of that, but Jia does refer to her makers as lord!😃

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No kidding. Either it would have a short circuit or a guy could have a shocking experience.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This video came up on YouTube about a robot hotel in Japan, apparently they are popping up in Japan more and more according to the video,

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Azeban

Ridley Scott was pretty close to a prophet with Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep).

Robots, or cyborgs, will be developed first for two reasons. Sex and soldiers. That's where the money is. Funny how selling yourself is the oldest and surest way to make a buck.

O/T - I was an NCO and used to tell my soldiers all the time "when I retire I'm going to tell me grandkids I was a male prostitute. Uncle Sam pays me, but I get %$&# every day."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join