It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent News and Warning!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has heard this, or can verify, but a very good friend of mine, who works for the V.A. just received this message. Take it for what it's worth, and stay alert!

URGENT NEWS from Glen Eagles Hospital.....URGENT!!! Seven women have died after inhaling a free perfume sample that was mailed to them. The product was poisonous. If you receive free samples in the mail such as lotions, perfumes, diapers etc., THROW THEM IN THE TRASH. The government is afraid that this might be another terrorist act. They will not broadcast this in the news because they do not want to create panic or give the terrorists new ideas. Send this forward to all your friends and family members: Diane J. Ford, Office of the Chief of Police, Office of Risk Management, 101 M Street, SW, Washington, DC.

If i receive any updates, i'll be sure to post. So far, this is all i know. Be safe!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If this were true they would have to release it.. There would be lives at stake..
And the giving terrorists new ideas line kind of gives it away too..

I'm calling bs
edit on 19/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JuJuBee
False. Google takes about 30 seconds. snopes

This hoax has been circulating since 2001.

edit on 19-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

from the same Snopes page:

On or around 12 April 2016, the warning (reproduced as images above) began circulating on Facebook. Once again, it held that "Glen Eagles" hospital had warned that seven women had died after inhaling perfume samples sent to them via mail. The warning was widely shared across the United States, despite most sharers not knowing what or where "Glen Eagles" hospital might be. Many versions of the claim added speculation that ISIS might be behind the attacks, or that the news media had kept a lid on the seven deaths so as not to inspire terrorism or cause panic. No dates, cause of death, mechanism of poisoning, or other details were provided about the purported tainted perfume samples and their relationship with "Glen Eagles," nor did those warnings anyone explain why seven women and one hospital had been targeted in the scheme.

link   

This is just twisted

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I absolutely hope this is not true. It does smell (pardon the pun) of a Facebook scarepost though.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
BS

Gleneagles Hospital refutes hoax messages on poisonous perfume sample

“This email hoax first surfaced eleven years ago, and we will post a statement on the GKL website and Facebook to clarify and inform members of the public that the contents of the email were a hoax,” Adeline said.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
False. Google takes about 30 seconds. snopes

This hoax has been circulating since 2001.

Sigh. Why don't people do just a little checking on things before they start a thread like this?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Hoax... been going round for years

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Erm hold on, if there actually was a real event, would Snopes help anybody here? I get that it is almost certainly fake, but linking an article from 2001 is hardly relevant, just because it was similar, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

is this your first 404

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
And please do not forward this to all of your 'friends, family members or Diane J. ford- who may not even exist', though that is the Office of Risk management in Washington DC.

The Office of Risk management is

The mission of the Office of Risk Management is to reduce the probability, occurrence and cost of risk to the District of Columbia government through the provision of risk identification and insurance analysis and support to District agencies, and by efficiently and fairly administering the District’s public workers compensation and tort liability programs.

ORM

No one named Diane J. Ford (or Duane in some chain emails) works for them.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

If it was a hoax in 2001, it's more than likely still a hoax.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Erm hold on, if there actually was a real event, would Snopes help anybody here? I get that it is almost certainly fake, but linking an article from 2001 is hardly relevant, just because it was similar, right?

Yes. the email has been circulating word for word since 2001.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Listen. There has been an increase in parking lots with women. Approached by seemingly innocent looking women, some with children...they are asked to smell something to give an opinion as they are getting in their cars.

Dizzy, they get pushed in or down and carjacked or robbed of their purses...or worse. This sadly...is real. And has been for over 50 years or more in various ways around the world.

Just warning women...the method is real...and warnings have been issued over the years.

MS
Emergency Responder

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Listen. There has been an increase in parking lots with women. Approached by seemingly innocent looking women, some with children...they are asked to smell something to give an opinion as they are getting in their cars.

Dizzy, they get pushed in or down and carjacked or robbed of their purses...or worse. This sadly...is real. And has been for over 50 years or more in various ways around the world.

Just warning women...the method is real...and warnings have been issued over the years.

MS
Emergency Responder

NOPE

From the same snopes article:

This baseless bit of scarelore appeared to be a combination of two older, equally unfounded pieces of the same genre: the perfume robbers tale (women in parking lots lured into sniffing cut-rate perfume lose consciousness and are robbed while they're out) and the Klingerman virus scare (blue virus-laden sponges mailed in envelopes marked "A gift for you from the Klingerman Foundation" have caused 23 deaths). But lore moves forward with the times, so this newer caution incorporated "terrorists" (presumably Middle Eastern) into the mix.

Would anyone else like to spin the Hoax wheel again?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What will the next cair package be?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

MS
Emergency Responder

The scenario described above isn't a real danger. No one has reported having been robbed in this manner, save for one woman in 1999 whose claim was suspect (for reasons we discuss below). This legend doesn't even describe a plausible scenario because, despite what books and television shows may depict, rendering a person unconscious from a mere sniff or two of some substance is not easy to do. Ether is nasty, volatile stuff that requires a great deal more than a few brief inhalations to knock a person out. In fact, it's hard to think of any substance that could produce the instant unconsciousness described here.

NOPES lol...pun on Snopes

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well then, I guess I didn't need to tackle my wife off the porch stairs and rip that envelope out of her hands.

Now we have broken hips.....thanks alot OP!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There was Relda...in the late 1960's a method where a lone woman was approached on escalators and rendered unconcious by different means. While being held up,"Sir? Can you help me? My sister here is sick and I need to get her into the car. Can you help me? Security usually would.

Long before Snopes or even computers, this was a known method of robbery. Even in the Shanghi Tunnels of Portland Oregon in the 1800's, men would be drugged...and wake up out to sea on some ship. Hence the use of the word "Shanghi'd".

The recent stories may be untrue occurences, but the method of slipping someone something like "ruffies" or a "Bill Cosby Qualude" is real...very real. And women and everyone...should never leave drinks unattended either.

To convince readers the method is untrue...is harmful in the long run of known historical drugging and robbing unsuspecting people. Women and men alike.

Thanks

MS
edit on 19-4-2016 by mysterioustranger because: phone

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Agreed. Simple as that really, except that what you just explained is also an allegory for how we are told the news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join