It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

DOOM : The Biggest Gaming Disappointment This Year ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:10 AM
Yesterday Nvidia showed off the PC version of DOOM running on their new GTX 1080 using the Vulcan API , running at 1080p and with everything set to Ultra the game hits 200 fps with V-Sync switched off.

5 days to go.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:33 PM
Behind the Scenes of DOOM , the Executive Producer and Creative Director of the game offer insights into the creation of DOOM.

2 Days to go.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:44 PM
a reply to: gortex

I wish the vulkan demo would have been a direct video instead of a video of the screen. still looks cool though.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:01 PM

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Or Star Wars Battlefront. No single player campaign? Come on!!

I bought that game and sold it back a week later. # EA!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol guess what? There's gonna be a sequel for it, next year!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:09 PM
How is the single player?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM

originally posted by: Autorico

I wish the vulkan demo would have been a direct video instead of a video of the screen. still looks cool though.

Your wish has been fulfilled

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:16 AM
Anyone get this yet? If so, how it be?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
a reply to: Autorico

No one is talking about it because everyone is playing it... bastards I tell you!!! JK I haven't picked it up

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:40 PM
Yeah good/not good? What's up guys?

Also regarding PC and console - just play what you like and enjoy it, it's kinda sad to constantly attack the other and is like the Apple/Android debates.
Who cares? If you like PC then game on! Consoles are your thing? I ain't mad atcha! Game on!

Prefer iPhones, A-OK! Android your jam! It's all good.
The constant petty arguing and bragging and sniping is just DUMB.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:22 AM
It´s not some games, it´s the whole gaming industry since a while.
Look at all those new games like The Division, Homefront The Revolution, said Doom and all this so called AAA titles.

First, look at the prices, laughable. 60 Euro for those games is the norm, and then those damned season passes and DLC crap, so you can play the whole game like it should be. For another 30-40 Euros. So let´s say you pay around 100 Euro for such a game, what do you get nowadays?

You get Betas, sold as finished AAA titles. Some even seem to feel like Alphas, following the user reviews on steam(i don´t buy such games, its robber baron capitalism, nothing else). These games all need patches, updates and fixes galore after release, so some customers can play the game then, others still not, some even for months.

But it´s the fault of the, excuse me, idiots that buy such games. If nobody would buy that crap, the industry had to overthink it´s business practices. But if millions buy such games, even as preorder, buy the pig in the poke and the industry makes "gazillions" of dollars from stupid gamers, why should they change their business practices?

If they can throw half finished garbage on the market and the people buy it as if it would be the last game on earth: Why should they change anything? It feels like there are too much kids out there, with the platinum card o daddy, buying everything just to say:
Look , i have .... , it´s brandnew and expensive, it´s the bomb... and you don´t have it yet...
Even if it is crap.

Today, as a gamer, you are the same as a customer elsewhere in our robber baron capitalism, you are fooled.
Sometimes i feel like i would need a new game. But what will one buy nowadays?
Guaranteed not these "AAA" titles, not before they are under 20 euro and game of the year edition(no more Beta then, maybe xD).

But even then, those games are not of interest for me, it´s the same since years, run behind someone and try to kill him. Man, we played this before computers, as kids, live. Then we had to do it for decades on computers, kill, kill, kill, because everybody wants to shoot and kill and destroy. If you had enough of that, for decades, if you are maybe getting to old for that kind of games, first person shooters, then you had enough of it. But all these wonderfull new games don´t change, maybe the backgrounds, the maps, the environment. Now you can "craft" in one of these games, which innovation. But it stays: Bang, bang, bang, you´re dead. And if you die, doesn´t matter, seconds later you play as if never something happened. And so on, and so on... Kinda boring!

Ok, what then, what will one buy?
There you have a lot of those indie games, but it´s indie games. Most of them you play one time, then never again. Can´t even see all these 8 and 16bit games, why should i play something like that today, i was forced to play with such graphics for decades?

Then you look through the steam store, find something that could be interesting, switch to it´s page and:
This game is in early access...

The next pig in the poke, early access/alpha games. Because i love these crafting-farming-exploring-building-"survival"-games, i was dumb enough to trust early access/alpha, more then 15 times. Because there was not just one of these games that was not early access/alpha. And it was brandnew. I only went to steam at this time because of Rust. But after playing a while, ther comes that early access feeling, too much bugs, to less updates, no more reason to play. So i bought the next, thinking that it would be better. Yes, it was, for a while, but then, same thing. Now, out of more than 15 of these games, three are worth to be played for a while, not one is out of early access yet.

So, as a gamer, nowadays you have the choice to burn your money for nothing, like these "AAA" titles, or to buy the pig in the poke and wait up to five years(?), till maybe some of these early access/alpha games become finished.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:39 AM
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I agree with much of your post but would point out that at least we have CD Projekt RED , a company that both cares for the product they produce and the gamers that play it.
Granted they're not a prolific studio in terms of output but over the last year they've shown the gaming industry how it should be done and won the hearts of gamers around the world for their attitude toward their customers.

They are gamers who make games for gamers.

As for DOOM , what I've seen reported has been largely positive in regard the single player campaign , I've not got it yet as to play it the way it's meant to be played means I need a graphics card update , I will pick it up on sale when I have a GTX970 , until then the Witcher Blood and Wine expansion will keep me more than happy.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:48 AM

CD Projekt RED, will check that, never heared of it, thanks!

I wanted to upgrade from my gtx760 too(it gets too hot playing some games), was looking for a gtx970 too, but then a friend told me of the new nvidia cards, and i guess i wll buy a gtx1070 for around 400 Euros. But maybe i will wait for the second generation of those cards, till my gtx760 doesn´t go up to more then 85° celsius. That won´t kill it, but i get a bit nervous when i see the temperature, it´s only one fan... xD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>