It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I Warned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It was a weird day.

So I had this brief snatch of a dream late last week. In it, there is something on the back of my head. I carefully reach around and take it off only to bring around a handful of spiders and spider eggs. As I look closer at my hand, there are three spiders. They look like common house spiders, a sort of yellowy brown color. Two are mostly motionless, but the third is pulling around some eggs. It's a mother spider. I carefully lower my hand to the floor to let them crawl off like spiders do. I don't want to hurt them even though I really don't like spiders, but as I go to watch them leave, then mother spider turns and suddenly leaps at my face.

That's when I wake up.

This morning, I was dropping my son off at school. The last stretch before the school is a bit tricky. There are two schools right there - a high school and our smaller school and there is a stoplight with small intersection between them. All three turn-ins are really close. Plus the road going past is a main thoroughfare so there is lots of traffic. Most days, it's crowded with people stuck in the school zone and trying to negotiate on of the three turns from either left or right.

I did what I always do: start signalling for my turn just past the intersection and I'm not going fast because there are only two or three car lengths at best before the turn. It's either that or signal before two turns and confuse people behind me. Who knows? Maybe I should signal sooner, but I'm not the only one who does it this way. Most people do and signal for less time.

As I go to turn in, there's this blaring horn from behind and this beat-up yellowish brown car comes into the school lot gunning around me much faster than the posted limit with the horn blaring. The driver is motioning madly and the window is coming down. Not sure what else I'm supposed to do because I'm not going to try to beat this person through the school lot with little kids and a little one of my own, I stop and roll down the window. She proceeds to cuss me out for not signalling long enough so she almost rear-ended me. She then guns her car through the rest of the lot and leaves.

It occurs to me. Her car was the same color as the spiders. There were three people in her car - herself and two teenage boys who did nothing. She was the one doing to attacking/yelling/road raging, and the trouble came from behind. All elements of the dream.

So was it an odd coincidence born from me trying to make sense of the senseless? Or was I warned?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Interesting!
My friend says spiders are messengers. But I can't remember if that is in dreams, or real life.

Personally, i think you were warned in your dream.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where do you get these avatars lmao

I don't know anything about dreams or this topic, but if they were prophetic you'd think more people would have picked up on it and used it in their day to day more often. Like the Golden Owl in Adventure Time, when people see it they just KNOW it's about to go down. I wish it were like that, but more likely it's just our brains doing what they do best, confusing us..themselves??

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The fact that you immediately connected the dream with the real life event says that 'yes', there is a memorable event about to happen.

In your dream, you did what you thought was the right thing to do, but, even so, the mother spider turned on you with unexpected viciousness.

Maybe the woman is pregnant (like the spider) and having a really bad day!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

The dream symbols generally I go by have spiders as dark spirits/deceivers/demons, symbols of lies, confusion or deceit

Oh! I looked some more at the one I use, and that makes things a bit more ... interesting.

To clarify, I don't think the lady was a demon, but someone who goes road ragey isn't exactly all sweetness and light either.
edit on 19-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know how many times i have jumped out of my bed, shaking pillows and bed sheets because i was convinced there were spiders there, all just a dream.
I wonder what they were trying to tell me.

I don't like spiders in my bed, dream or not.
edit on 19-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I personally think intuitive dreams are a real phenomenon, because I have had many that panned out with uncanny accuracy. Yes, I think you warned yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ive seen a lot of posts about spiders lately, could it be a warning?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I had to call her last night, because I couldn't remember! LOL

She told me it is in dreams, in her beliefs, and that "mother" spider is a messenger.

I reminder her that they are awful, real or in dreams. "shutters"

She just laughed at me.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Spiders usually represent demonic influence and attacks in my dreams. They often jump in my face.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You were more than likely warned - My rule of thumb is that if you wake up remembering a portion of the dream, then that relevant snippet is something you were supposed to remember.

I've had similar dreams on occasion; some call it coincidence, but I'm still a bit sold on the intuitive dream idea (on the side, if you're interested, I posted about a couple on here).

I'd suggest you keep some kind of dream journal - I keep a pad next to my bed for dreams like yours.

-foss

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Sounds like a warning to me!!

Not a warning that would work with me...I'm absolutely terrified of spiders. To the point of near catatonia.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i lost vape liquid once. had a dream the following night i was riding in the back of my dads car with no driver plunging through a forest till i got to his house which had a foot of water as a mote in the dream. the next day i called him, he found the vape juice in the back of his car.

new topics

top topics

join