It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very tired of a one way street

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So if a country western song was published about assassinating Obama while he was running for president the world would have come to an end for the mainstream media. Or had the song been written about Hillary it would be the worst thing ever. What we do have is this......

www.infowars.com...

A new viral rap song that encourages the assassination of Donald Trump and calls for riots if he wins the presidency is being celebrated by the music media

Are murder threats now acceptable in our society? How is this not voter intimidation? Vote in office who we want or we riot?

lyrics include....

All the niggas in the hood wanna fight you Surprised El Chapo ain’t tried to snipe you Surprised the Nation of Islam ain’t tried to find you Have a rally out in L.A., we gon # it up Home of the Rodney King riot, we don’t give a # You built walls? We gong prolly dig holes And if your ass do win, you gong prolly get smoked F**k nigga, f**k you! When me and Nip link, that’s Bloods and Crips Where your L.A. rally? We gon crash your #

The mainstream media is applauding this.....

The song has received positive reviews from Billboard.com, the Source, MTV and numerous other outlets. “The black-and-white visuals serve as a de facto anti-Trump rally, as YG and Nip are joined by hundreds, marching in the street and uniting across genders, ages, races and sets — YG, a Blood, and Nispey Hussle, a Crip — for a singular cause,” writes MTV’s Adam Fleischer. Presumably, Fleischer thinks that openly inviting the murder of the potential future president is a worthy “cause”.

So there is no confusion THESE PEOPLE HAVE FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH, but you get arrested for yelling fire in a theater. The candidates left have Secret service protection I wonder if they will follow up on these threats?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Liberals, Democrats, Progressives, Social Justice Warriors [ my God doesn't THAT deserve an eyeroll ]....whatever they call themselves are fine with Them saying things like this, but let anyone even think of calling them out on it and all Hell breaks loose. They seem to believe they have the right to do and say as they please and so do you.....as long as you agree with them. Let someone disagree and they scream about being insulted, intimidated [ all that micro aggression ya know ] you must be a racist, bigot...whatever names they can come up with.
If Savior Bernie were talked about in this song......
Twitter would just shut down and the country would be awash in Liberal tears.
I'm gonna love hearing the Bernie and Hilary fans trying to defend this one.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Are murder threats now acceptable in our society?

None of those are death threats. A person saying he's surprised somebody hasn't been "sniped" by El Chapo or will "prolly get smoked" is not a death threat.

How is this not voter intimidation? Vote in office who we want or we riot?

You mean like this?

NY Post - Trump: There will be riots if I’m denied nomination

“I think we’ll win before getting to the convention, but I can tell you, if we didn’t and if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400 . . . I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically. I think you’d have riots,” Trump told CNN.

edit on 2016-4-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Without "immanent lawless action", punishing these kids would be unconstitutional and in opposition to the bedrock of a free society. We fight free speech with more free speech.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If Savior Bernie were talked about in this song...... Twitter would just shut down and the country would be awash in Liberal tears. I'm gonna love hearing the Bernie and Hilary fans trying to defend this one.

Nobody loves crying more than conservatives. There's a whole media industry (including InfoSnores) that is dedicated to catering to the average conservative's need to feel like a victim and cry about it — and cry they do — just look at the volume of threads on ATS devoted to conservative whining about "political correctness" versus the number of threads dedicated to something like pointing out bigotry. 10 to 1? 20 to 1?

Don't let me intrude on your pity party though!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

How do you have 8,000,000 stars with 700 posts?

THAT is the real conspiracy.

But iirc, the Secret Service paid Eminem a visit over the lyrics in this song:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We live in an age of IDIOTS.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I was wondering the same thing. Must be common core math.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
We live in an age of IDIOTS.

You're right, when a person like Donald Trump is a serious contender for the office of President of the United States, it's clear that we've crossed some sort of idiocy threshold.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

If Savior Bernie were talked about in this song...... Twitter would just shut down and the country would be awash in Liberal tears. I'm gonna love hearing the Bernie and Hilary fans trying to defend this one.

Nobody loves crying more than conservatives. There's a whole media industry (including InfoSnores) that is dedicated to catering to the average conservative's need to feel like a victim and cry about it — and cry they do — just look at the volume of threads on ATS devoted to conservative whining about "political correctness" versus the number of threads dedicated to something like pointing out bigotry. 10 to 1? 20 to 1?

Can't get much worse than some of these whiny idiots!

Flame away!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You have to understand that most people in the journalism game are beta persons. Nobody who banged the cheerleading captain is a journalism major. It's been that way for so long these beta persons have a monopoly on the system the same as the alphas have monopolized the military. Think of the outlier [snipped] who joins the army, he's either quickly relegated to obscurity or he finally becomes the man his dad stayed up late praying he would. The same process, only the roles are reversed, in the journalism game.

I've found that in this life the best revenge is a life well lived. While lopsided journalism used to bother me, I've learned that having a cuter girlfriend, nicer car, and demonstrating physical dominance over these [snipped] is more satisfying than getting angry over what some kid who got swirlied wrote on his typewriter.
edit on 19-4-2016 by JamesNGiantLeach because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Apr 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Can't get much worse than some of these whiny idiots!

Flame away!

If you don't already know that is AIDS skrillex and his buddy Carl the cuck, and they are proper liberals. Google for hilarity.
edit on 19-4-2016 by JamesNGiantLeach because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
a reply to: gladtobehere

I was wondering the same thing. Must be common core math.

What is "common core math" exactly? Perhaps you'd like to explain to us? Before you do, you should probably realize that Common Core is a set of standards, not a curriculum. There is no such thing as "common core math."

You should also probably realize that that Common Core was created as a bipartisan initiative of the NGA (National Governor's Association) and is maintained by the NGA and the Council of Chief State School Officers. Finally, that No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and its grant waivers are no more as it was replaced by the Every Student Succeeds Act in December so there is no leverage for the federal government to use to compel adoption.

Perhaps it's time to update your propaganda derived opinion?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
LOL

Let's not forget all the outrage of Beyonce at the half time show. I think every one of the hundred or so Conservatives on my facebook page had a melt down. The world was coming to an end. They had to do something...all the while, crying about our PC culture.

For the record, I'm an independent and, still on target and topic since it was mentioned in the OP, I find it funny how people use the term "Social Justice Warrior" in a derogatory sense. LOL

Don't we all want to be warriors for real social justice? I do. Freedom for all, Free speech, anti bullying, all of it.

I really think the term "Social Justice Warrior" became a derogatory term when the 12 year old boys at GamerGate decided they needed some extra ammo to go after "them evil women's ruining our lives" That's an actual quote from some GamerGaters I overheard the other day. LOL

Back further on Target, let's not forget the outrage over NWA's "F*** the Police"

On the Surface it was also threatening and horrible, but when you dig deeper it's actually an angry outburst against how the police were treating minorities in Southern California at that time. You can't treat someone badly and expect to not get an angry response.

As this song is. Although I find these lyrics disgusting....it's an angry response to a perceived threat. Trump does at times appear to be a snob, a Jerk, a racist, a war monger, a rich spoiled kid with too much money, a Clinton Friend and cohort, a liar...etc, etc, etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesNGiantLeach

I've found that in this life the best revenge is a life well lived. While lopsided journalism used to bother me, I've learned that having a cuter girlfriend, nicer car, and demonstrating physical dominance over these liberal fruits is more satisfying than getting angry over what some kid who got swirlied wrote on his typewriter.

Don't sell yourself short! You forgot to include "being a badass on Internet forums" in your list of "accomplishments." Keep living the dream you alpha you.

edit on 2016-4-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The singer is talking in probabilities. He did not ask anyone to do anything.

It is quite a catchy song. More for the younger scene, but I think I may hum it or sing the chorus while going about housework today.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

How do you have 8,000,000 stars with 700 posts?

THAT is the real conspiracy.

But iirc, the Secret Service paid Eminem a visit over the lyrics in this song:

www.youtube.com...

There is a SEARCH function on this site. It will tell you WHY. And No, it is not a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

LOL The Chorus is kinda Catchy!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'll defend the rapper(s).

Free expression should never be stifled because something said is distasteful. The very second hat we start policing speech we are done as a free society.

And we are in the midst of a society that encourages stifling of free expression.

How can we defend Trump and Trump supporters if we deny the rights of those who have negative things to say about Trump and trump supporters?

It is only when some infringe upon the rights of others that we should speak up.

Be it against Trump or against Obama or against Hillary or Bernie.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I find it funny how people use the term "Social Justice Warrior" in a derogatory sense. LOL

Don't we all want to be warriors for real social justice? I do. Freedom for all, Free speech, anti bullying, all of it.

I really think the term "Social Justice Warrior" became a derogatory term when the 12 year old boys at GamerGate decided they needed some extra ammo to go after "them evil women's ruining our lives" That's an actual quote from some GamerGaters I overheard the other day. LOL

Exactly.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join