It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Days To Die - Patch 14.5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So here I am back with another update to the game 7 Days To Die, this time with patch 14.5, which was a rather big download, over 700 MB.

When I see updates like that, I know that some big changes have been made, and sure enough there was.

The game now has quests for you to do. Starting out are several "Tutorial" quests to help get new players started. Later in the game, you will come across notes that give you challenges: everything from hunting down certain types of animals, to treasure maps for you to go dig up treasure.

There are now a LOT more structures in the game. Lonely roads are not quite so lonely anymore with new houses, cabins, etc having been added. Some new structures are what looks like radio stations added here in there for you to investigate.

New types of gas stations have also been included.

Here is a video I did showing some of the changes:

My son Josh and I were playing a random generated map and we had some trouble with zeds spawning inside our base! I finally figured out a work around in this video (Blood moon zombie hording included!):

Last, I put together this short montage showing the different versions of this game from when I started playing, version 10 to now, version 14.5 with the original theme song to the game:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Awesome!

I will have to update and play it again. I love doing quests!

Really sucks you lose all your saved games though. Not so bad for me, but for you? Ouch...

edit on 19-4-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yah, that is my biggest gripe, that they do not have backward compatibility for the saved games.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have owned this game a long time but rately played it. Never could figure out what to do these tutorials should help. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately, that is something to expect with Alphas.

I haven't opened 7 Days in a quite a few months now, after one of their fix-patches I dropped from 50fps to an appalling 10 and decided to wait til it was a bit more optimised. And then Fallout 4 was released... and, well... you know how it goes.

I can't wait til this game hits release, they're constantly updating it with more and more fantastic features, it's going to be such a diamond!
One of the best Early Accesses I've ever been a part of.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Dang it! Now I have to play again.
I definitely have to commend The Fun Pimps for consistently improving this game. So many just don't commit like they do.

Did they make the dogs optional? The dogs always kill the game for me. Like EVERY time.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

The zombie dogs are still there. You can even have a roving band of 3 to 5 of them come out of no where and jump you.

There are bears too. At least they don't band together, and as long as you give them wide berth, they'll leave you alone.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

My 7-Days has also been sitting, collecting dust. I hate having a powerful gaming system, only to have it brought to its knees by much-needed optimizations.

But yes, with Fallout 4, and (literally) dozens of other games in my Steam library that I haven't even touched yet (Steam library approaching 150 games), I have no problem waiting for 7-Days to get better while playing other things. I do start it up from time to time and see how it's doing.

edit on 20-4-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This game seems so much harder now in A14... at least it seems like the zombies are all stronger, the cops have definitely gotta be stronger, and their puke melts anything in it's path in no time. Ferals seem about the same, but the dogs are impossible to me.

There's people that constantly say "Oh the dogs aren't so bad." but I've been having some stealth dogs or something. I used to hear them bark or growl once I became 'hunted" by them, and I could start running immediately and fighting them. Now, I don't hear anything except for the pitter-patter of their footsteps when they're about 5 meters away from me, assuming I hear that at all.

The only time they bark or growl is when they're ripping my butt off and making me bleed out. I swear, they do a lot of damage too... combined with what seems like a high chance to make you bleed. They kill me every time now, unless they come when I'm already up in my base with all my defenses up, then I stand a chance. A few days ago I was in my base cooking something when I heard footsteps, and I had forgotten to pull up the wood frames I used to get inside. I exited the cooking menu as soon as I heard the footsteps and turned around, just in time to be getting mauled in the face by dog teeth. I panicked and accidentally hit "Q" and dropped my weapon right ahead of attacking. So I just punched a dog in the teeth...

On top of all that, I feel like defenses such as spikes and barbed wire don't last any time at all. About the time two or three zombies run through, they've cleared a path for the rest of the HUNDREDS of zombies that are going to come through during a hoard night. Then the cops will puke and melt straight through your walls. I swear there's no point to even making a base now...

P.S. - The attack range of dogs and bears is just absolutely ridiculous, too.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

What I do in a lot of cases is turn zombie spawning off, go around exploring, building and learning to craft the stuff I need and get defenses built before turning the zombie spawning back on. That way, I have a shot gun ready for the darn dogs.

That is something that I really like about this game: you can customize it to your tastes, and even change things if you get bored. You can speed up the days, slow them down, adjust how hard the zeds are to kill, or how many spawn. Too easy and boring? No problem as you can make the game really challenging if you want, or make it quiet and peaceful if all you want to do is build and craft.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

I used to have issues back with versions 10 and 11.

But not now, and especially not with my new rig. I've a high end GPU, but the kicker that smoothed out game play for me, and removed all lag was increasing my memory. They recommend 8 GB.

I've got 20 GB of ram. heh.

No lag for me.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There's no setting to change the dogs or cops though.

I guess I'll have to edit the game files... hehehe.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Sounds like we have identical playing styles... and situations. I'm a champ at tossing my weapon out when I need it most. And those dogs ALWAYS make me panic.

One of my other biggest issues with the game is the increased spawnage on game-spawned buildings. Coupled with the blasted heat factor that makes them magically just know where you are, it's a fruitless attempt to try to make any pre-existing cool house into a base. For me anyway, and my poor abilities. Also, I tend to try to play hardcore with my deaths and restart (there are exceptions, there have to be) after I die. Sometimes, I *gasp* turn off running zombies, but then you do lose that awesome level of fear that only happens with it on.

Frustrations aside, this game rates up there for me as the best zombie game I know of and I've played a few. The improvements are always good and I'm enjoying the added skills and quests. Haven't been able to dig up a treasure just yet though. I understand they are quite worth it. One of these days, I'll have a proper base even if I have to do it the way you mention Erik.

edit on 21-4-2016 by gottaknow because: correction

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
nice videos
makes me want to fire it up again. really one of my most played games in the last years. something about it- specially the random worlds

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

So I was going to make a new thread and ATS kindly notified me that it already exists! And lookit yall!!!

Anyone else exited for A15?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Only if they get rid of the temperature thing.....it's really made me not play a lot.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I agree, if it worked in daily increments, I would really enjoy it. A day for leather a day for iron etc. I play on a modded server and it's pretty much gone from there tho.

The render/draw distance and tons of new POI's as well as the drawbridges look like a ton of fun.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I know it's an old thread, but I was wondering if you could answer a couple questions about this game.
I just started playing it - I'm on day 16.
I am on the Nav map. I found a farm house, broke in and made it my shack.
There's corn everywhere around the place, a small town and hospital for supply runs, and a river for water close by.

What I need to know is...why the heck do I put a shirt on and I'm suddenly sweating like a crack head? And shortly after, suffering heat stroke?
I usually go stand in the river when it gets bad.

I've found gun pieces, I have all the parts to assemble the gun, but it never lets me.
I also have found guns already in tact, that are ready to fire.
Am I missing something here, but if I can find a gun, ready to fire, wouldn't I rather use that then just collect gun parts and hopefully find the right components to build the gun?
And Where can I Find a cooking grill?
I got cooking pots coming out my nose, but can't find a grill for the life of me.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The weather system is broken. Most servers turn it off.

Guns have to be unlocked with skills or find the book for the gun your looking for.

Best place to find grates is inside ovens. Otherwise you can craft in a forge.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Im on day 132 now.
Took over the farm house, created a moat trap of 10 blocks deep. On the inside of my concrete perimeter i have pillars that allow me to collect the zombies drops.
To be honest, ive gotten bored with it all. So i jacked up the zombie spawn to insane. That was interesting.
The xbox one Nav. map is pretty small id say 50% of it is radio active.
Hopefully console gets updated map zones soon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join