It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carlin and Gaffigan slam people who are always filming and taking pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just when I thought this nonsense might be subsiding just a tad! I'm eating breakfast at a restaurant this morn, and the woman next to me is taking photos of her omelette. When the waitress delivers a piece of pie to the woman's friend, the woman excitedly says, "Oh, let me get a picture of that to send to Mary!!"
Then we stopped at Costco, and there's a girl taking pics of her friends in the parking lot.

I thought of Jim Gaffigan's 'Photos' bit. "I wish I could take a low-quality photo of my dessert and send it to someone that's not interested."

Carlin did this bit in the 90s. 'Free-floating hostility'.
"Are people's lives so bankrupt they sit at home looking at things they already did?"
Carlin was ahead of his time for sure.

Warning! Carlin's bit contains swearing.
The 'filming everything' bit begins at :40

edit on 19-4-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

"Oh that's the old wedding computer"

Thanks for sharing this, we feel the same.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
While I did enjoy leafing through the old family albums as a child I've never been inclined to take photos at all as an adult. Gotta have a phone or camera for that! Nope my trusty PC is the only tech I have.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I agree 100%. I've been telling the wife and girls to enjoy Disney all week, put the damn cameras down. But here I am, sneaking in an ATS easter egg on a Tuesday afternoon. Spoiler alert: I'm actually siting sideways without spilling lol. Cheers

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I really like Gaffigan, and Carlin.......... oh what a treasure he was. Carlin might think it extremely ironic that I have two DVDs of him that I watch occasionally -- enjoying things that already happened.

I am a photographer. Not a professional photographer. The digital camera was made for people like me: I take TONS of photos, review them, and delete all but a few. But where to save them?? Those unique and exciting creations of art and perspective and studies in light and shadow that ONLY I care about? Enter the external hard drive. Oh Bliss! What this means, of course, is that some poor bastard who is related to me is going to feel compelled to look at all this stuff after I am dead.

Well, they probably will deserve it.

top topics

join