It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just posting so I can... Do what?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I understand now.

I would probably just try to 'remember' a thread rather than leaving a comment.

I had no idea there was a subscribe button.

Well, now I know, happy days.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: GoShredAK

Maybe it's on mine then? Interesting.

Yeah I'm not sure what's up with that?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The subscribe button should be to the left of the +new thread button.

I guess we all don't have that though. Hmmmmmmmm......

ETA: I'm on a Microsoft phone.
edit on 19-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

There is no subscribe button on mobile. At least not on mine there isn't.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I find this to be in the same vein as a question seen repeatedly in recent AMA threads; "Can you quote the person asking the question with your answer?"

I'm not sure why it irks me as much as it does.. but it does!

As far as I know though, there is no subscribe option on the mobile version of ATS, and it can also be carry-over behavior from other boards.

Personally, I use the desktop version even on mobile. I've yet to see a mobile-centric forum layout that I like. And thats putting it nicely

I think that people just want it their own way, regardless of alternative solutions (myself included).

Even so, I don't think its too difficult to add some basic feedback alongside the one liner subscription.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Accessing from a cell doesn't have the subscribe button, so at times you need to reply.

Kids these days... :eyeroll:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Interesting. Just replying to look into this further later.

Sorry, had to, and I bet someone else already did before me. If not, ya'll need to raise your cheesy skill!

I think Benevolent Heretic is probably correct and that people just don't realize they can just hit the 'subscribe' button to do the same.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Not everyone can. The only way to subscribe to it in that case is to reply.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I can subscribe on this galaxy s7.

Second icon in - bottom right.

No need to click it now ... 😎

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I do not like the"app" look on my phone so I click the little tab in my account that says use desktop version. That way you see full Avatars and navigates the way I'm used to. Just a thought..

Some might prefer to use the other version and if there is no option I don't see it as a problem if you plan on actually coming back inside the 2 hours you have to edit the post.That way you don't bury info on page 2 Or 14 or what have you, which causes lots of users to give up before ever getting to the good stuff. Short attention spans seem all to common these days, along with attention to detail...

If you choose the app route you could always just bookmark the page in your browser to come back to it easily later and not have to type anything at all..

Or just continue what you are doing, be all sinister and relish in the fact that you now know you have the power to irritate others with no recourse! Muhahaha... Muuuhahahahaha!!!! a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well ill be a monkeys uncle!

You all are right. I just switched to mobile and what do ya know?! subscribe button no mas

Apologies to everyone I secretly laughed at. Apparently I'm the retard.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Some mobile devices can. Not all of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Once I go above a certain usage level my data gets throttled. If I leave everything disabled I can still use the site.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Would requesting the desktop site hep with the mobile issues? Personally, when I'm on a tablet or phone, i do this because I don't really like mobile sites.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Roger that...

Is it less data usage to open the additional pages that writing a post would require, rather than bookmarking the page in your browser, or a quick scan through you history? My hx is set to delete when I close my browser so that isn't an option for me, aside from the fact that I pretty much never fully close my browser. I rarely am outside of a wifi spot so data usage monitoring is not in my list of concerns. Webpage data usage numbers are well outside of my scope of learnings. It is awful what those terrible Data Nazis are doing to people, I have heard horror stories.

Personally I follow the etiquette I described above, use the I'll be back move if I know for sure I will be back soon to edit, or bookmark for another later date. Simply not to clog a page with no added value. I don't like to feel like I am a bother to others so I tend to avoid things that I think might irritate me. This is actually not a topic I care about as it doesn't bother me to see users do it at all.

My post here is really just to let people know that on mobile they still have the option of desktop mode for the full scale site. Full scale you can still be surprised by things that icons will do. I had my images pulled up and clicked the little square icon top right and lost my Maynard James Keenan Puscifer avatar image that was my avatar for the whole time I've been here, hence the new Avatar images. The little person icon is another one that surprised me as I was not aware that it was that easy to have 2 images in my avatar area, albeit a good one, a suprise none the less.

a reply to: Zaphod58

edit on 19-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

For people like yourself, that have wifi, that's a good idea, and I'm glad you brought it up as a lot of people don't know about that.

Bookmarking is definitely another option as well. On my phone, it's kind of a pain in the ass to bookmark, so I try to put at least a somewhat meaningful reply when I want to subscribe.

Yeah, it's nuts. Once I reach my limit, they cut me down to 2G access, so I start a page loading, and come back a few minutes later to see if it's loaded yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
They probably want to subscribe to the thread, so it shows up in their "MyATS", but don't realize that they can just hit the subscribe button and that will do the same thing. That's my guess...

on mobile there is no subscribe button that i've ever located.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've seen a few people say they can't "subscribe" on cell phones. It must have to do with the phone. I have an iPhone and it gives me the option. I can't recall if my Andriod did or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I bet if you go into the "account' tab and scroll to the bottom, on the bottom right it'll show that you're on desktop mode.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Have you looked at the bottom of the last post -
to the right in that group of icons ?

Also as another poster mentioned, it could be the diff. between desktop and mobile mode ...
Or maybe it is just androids that show that clicky ...

😎

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join