It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which of these suspects is the true messiah?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I've placed this in skunk works because some of what I will post here will be debatable, incorrect or probably cannot be verified as a fact.. It is really just for fun as ive got an hour or so to kill, and wanted to add some content to the site, as things seem to have been really slow around here lately.

So.. I saw an image on the internet which I believe could originate from what is said in zeitgeist.. (I saw that so long ago, cannot really remember all the content in that movie) I will post the original image at the bottom of the page.

So who is the original messiah? Here are the candidates..

Horus (Egypt - 3000 BC)

Our first contender is the Egyptian God Horus, lets check out his vital stats:-

Born 25th December
Virgin Birth
Star in the East
Adorned by 3 kings
Teacher at 12
Baptized/Ministry at 30
Had 12 disciples

...................................................................................................................................................... ................................

Attis (Greece 1200 BC)

Second in contention is linked with er.. Castration (be careful what you say) we have the Greek God AAAATTIS lets check out the vital stats:-

Born 25th December
Born of a Virgin
Crucified
Dead for 3 Days
Resurrected

...................................................................................................................................................... ................................

Mithra (Persia - 1200 BC)

3rd in the ring today is the God Mithra, hailing from what is the modern day Iran and an uncanny resemblance to the Statue Of Liberty:-

Born 25th December
Born of a virgin
12 Disciples
Performed Miracles
Dead for 3 days
Ressurected

...................................................................................................................................................... .................................

Krishna (India - 900 BC)

Next up we have an Indian God, regarded as the eight incarnation of Lord Vishnu and recognized as the complete/supreme god.. Please Welcome KRISHNAAAAA:-

Born of a Virgin
Star in the East
Performed Miracles
Resurrect

Dionysus (Greece - 500 BC)

Next we have the Greek god of wine.. (my kind of god
) DIONYSUUUUSSS:-

Born on 25th December
Born of a virgin
Performed miracles
King of Kings
Resurrected

...................................................................................................................................................... ...............................

Jesus Christ

Known as the king of kings and the reason why we even have a BC.. Please welcome... JEEESUUUSS CHRIST:-

Born 25th December
Born of a virgin
Star in the East
12 disciples
Performed miracles
dead for 3 days
Resurrected

So what say ATS.. Open to you.. Debunk, dismiss, confirm, shoot the messenger in the face..

Original Image

link
edit on 19/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

BAC-CHUS! BAC-CHUS! BAC-CHUS!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

All goners...Donald Trump is the one true messiah.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You forgot one.

Terry
Born August 1979.
Is the Devil incarnate.
Likes movies and walks in the park.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

good post , nice to reflect back on this- yes episode of zeitgeist " the greatest story ever told" that was the best time of Zeigeist IMO.

none of the above are real as it says in the documentary they are personifications from stories from elders when watching night sky. Those civilisations where astrologically aware and looked into the cosmos a lot and created stories for constellations of stars etc.

we have been presented the above as "real people" rather than just astrological - they all have the sun around their head. The sun is the bringer of light, without the sun the crops would not grow and would not be able to eat.

im a firm believer that all religious stories are made up form of personifications.

it would be a good idea to watch Zeitgeist again as they go into it deeper. Such as the way the sin rises and sits above the Crux "the cross" for 3 days at the winter solstice then moves again ready for the summer. i cant explain very well, but they do.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Since when was Jesus born on the 25th of December historically, when Jesus' birth date wasn't even mentioned for the first few hundred years after his supposed birth?

Also, how could anyone know the birth dates of the others when literally nobody can agree on how and when dates from history fit in the Julian calendar, let alone the Gregorian.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Did you ever consider that the same god spirit inhabited each one of those individuals at different points in time? Different people from different ages all meant to relay the same story about the one spirit who truly is "the first and the last." Now that I gave you a huge piece of the puzzle, you guys should be able to figure the rest. Too bad religions of the world will have a hard time coping with the fact that an Egyptian god (Horus) was the first to become enlightened and realize his purpose. Funny how no one understands "God is with his people" always as everyone continues to look outside themselves for answers or worship locations where lies now outweigh the truth of the past. I life living in the dark is a life of fear. Not many have seen the light out of this group.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
No single deity pre-dating Christ covers all the bases, but collectively, everything attributed to Christ, one or more previous deities have had attributed to them. The early church went to great lengths to destroy any previous saviors that were similar to Christ, and did a fairly good job, but remnants remain, and those remnants show Christ to be nothing more than another savior in a long line of them.

Trust, ye saints, your Lord restored, Trust ye in your risen Lord; For the pains which Tammuz endured Our salvation have procured. 300-400BC

Lo! streaming from the fatal tree His all atoning blood, Is this the Infinite?—Yes, ’tis he, Prometheus, and a god! Well might the sun in darkness hide, And veil his glories in, When God, the great Prometheus, died For man the creature’s sin. 800BC

A good article to read on this topic is The Pagan Files
You'll be told of course, the evidence is scant, but in comparison, it's at least as good as the evidence for Christ, and imo much better.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
buddha.
born around 500 bc.
born the traditional, dirty way.
no special powers, just asked people to be nice to each other.
came up with reincarnation that other religions later copied.
died around 80 years old.
unlike abrahamic faiths, no wars fought in the name of buddhism.
buddhist monks do have a practice of self immolation in protest.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Fantasy and Imagination, have always been with us.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
We're not supposed to put people on pedestals. Gods, Kings, 'God Kings, Hero worship, messiahs, saviors, all hog wash.

Just men. We're supposed to treat everyone equally. No one is better than anyone else, in that regard.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
buddha.
born around 500 bc.
born the traditional, dirty way.
no special powers, just asked people to be nice to each other.
came up with reincarnation that other religions later copied.
died around 80 years old.
unlike abrahamic faiths, no wars fought in the name of buddhism.
buddhist monks do have a practice of self immolation in protest.

It seems to me, the oldest references to transmigration/reincarnation are Hindu in origin, from the Veda. However, Buddhism seems to be the main source of reincarnation as we understand it now.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ask the spirit world to show you what Hades (Sheol) looked like after each of the 6 were resurrected.

For 5 of them Hades stayed as a resting place for all spirits.

1 took all good spirits to a new paradise leaving the Lord of the Flies to breed swarms of flies in sinners bodies whilst they torture themselves in the bubbling mud-pits in Sheol.

Should be easy to find one location (portal) because there is a wooden sign-post stamped into the ground, near one mud-pit with 'M345' etched on it.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
Since when was Jesus born on the 25th of December historically, when Jesus' birth date wasn't even mentioned for the first few hundred years after his supposed birth?

Also, how could anyone know the birth dates of the others when literally nobody can agree on how and when dates from history fit in the Julian calendar, let alone the Gregorian.

Greetings-

As the author of this thread typed "this is just for fun..."

How about this as a reason to celebrate in December...? The ones who made this decision had a hand in the retail business and wanted to have a "Blow Out- end of the year Sale" so they used Jesus The Chris† (again) and had His 'Naming Day' (An Eternal entity wouldn't have a 'birth day' because with each birth there is a death involved..) to have the big sale. Then the guys who had the forestry contract complained so 'They' included cutting down a perfectly good living tree so as to stow Your booty, because Jesus was all about the GIFTS.

Maybe Jesus is just this time's Messiah and when 'They' blow up Mother Earth and She does another "re-boot" there will be another Messiah...

I'm going with G-George) All of the above...

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
London,
Thank you for a very thought provoking thread. I will have to do some reading to see the back stories of each.

It is easy to say not possible and walk away but how did people who had no contact from around the world build these "ideas" that soooo closely match.

OK, off to research and will return.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Nice thread. You forgot to add me!

Born December 25, 1776
Virgin. For sure. Who would want me.
Lost me toothbrush.
Namadic roamer!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Why is December 25th important for your list of suspects?

The historical person who may have been Jesus (whether he was the "Son of God" is debatable, but theological historians think the actual person probably did exist) is thought to have NOT been born on December 25th of the year 1 BCE, but rather sometime around 6 to 4 BCE. Plus, many think it occurred in March, not December.

Early Christians used the date of December 25 to coincide with an existing winter solstice celebration, some say in order to celebrate the Birth of Jesus secretly (hidden with the exiting solstice celebration) during a time in which Christians could be persecuted for their faith.

Historians have pieced together the clues (historical records, documents, and other sources) that shows good evidence that Jesus was an actual person who gathered an evangelical following as the bible describes -- at least a PERSON; as I said, the "Son of God" part is a different argument.

edit on 4/19/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

My guess is it is the same story recycled infinitum, but I was never one to give much creed to the idea of a deity. More likely they changed up the story as time moved along to keep it fitting with the current social narratives. Wouldn't do to have Horus running around turning water into wine would it?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

Being literal misses the point entirely. It's the MYTH, Learningman, that is important here, and the similarities between them. OF COURSE nobody really knows when any of the suspects were born. I'm betting they weren't really born of virgins, either, nor were they resurrected. December 25th is (pretty close to) the Winter Solstice just like Easter, The Resurrection, just happens to be pretty close to the Spring Equinox "when life begins anew." Plants start blooming in Spring; they're "resurrected" from a dormant winter. The whole thing is an allegory about the cycle of life.

Jesus was last in a line of many God's with essentially the same story, and pointing it out provokes those who believe he is the one and only. One would hope it would give them pause to question their own beliefs, but it probably won't.
edit on 4/19/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I knew there were some repeated (themes? - not really the right word), with a couple of these (Christ/Mithra), but had no idea there were so many with so many parallels. Has to be something there, right? I don't think it's simply about shared/copied stories, passed around through time and geographical space. I believe there has to be something more to the various iterations with similarities throughout the millenia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join