It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Cops Taunted Veteran as He Died

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
And people wonder why your average joe is becoming terrified of the police. Reading # like this. You can literally lose your life over a traffic ticket in America anymore and it would just be your average Tuesday.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
a reply to: Spider879

When our police act like this, when we jail the mentally impaired like this, when we allow the police to treat ANYONE like this who is arrested.

What makes us any different than Germany WW2 and the SS to our own citizens?

This country needs a complete overhaul from the top down
edit on 19-4-2016 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:02 AM
Malfeasance all round. So many Institutions are simply not up to the job, I dread to think what goes on under the radar.

As for the policeman who killed somebody by pulling out a gun instead of a taser...fecking hell!
edit on 19-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:12 AM
this is disgusting! yet, no one will really face any punishment for their incompetence/ criminal treatment of this man.

and just to show a difference in treatment of people by police, here is an opposite out come. over the week end, god loving, married family man, and good republican country star zac brown was busted at a party in florida with drugs and strippers/prostitutes. was he arrested? was he taken down to jail? nope! the cops even lied about him being there!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:15 AM
They should put the jailers in jail. This is a disgrace.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: crazyewok

It's not just police, nurses and psychiatrists all dismissed him.

Just a complete and utter failure of the system.

While I don't agree with the information I'm dropping off, it still relevant and it's handy to know. I don't know why so few people don't know this. I blame the lack of media attention to it.

June 27th 2005, Supreme Court of the United States ruled that police do not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.

Here is the case that caused this.
THE SUPREME COURT: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE; Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
a reply to: ObjectZero

Protect from harm. They do have the duty to help if someone has already been harmed as is the case if the OP.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM

We need to remember that when police officers take a prisoner into custody they have just become “short term” corrections (custody) officers

This statement sometimes surprises street officers who often don’t understand all the implications of having a prisoner in their “custody.” It doesn’t matter whether you are a police officer transporting a prisoner from a street arrest scene, a police officer picking up a prisoner for court, a police officer transporting a sick inmate, a detective taking a prisoner out of lock up to a remote site for an interview, or an airport police officer holding a person for transport, you are now responsible for that prisoner’s “care and wellbeing.”

In-your- care-and-custody link

Having removed someone's freedom, who has not been found guilty...
edit on 4/19/2016 by roadgravel because: fix link

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:13 PM
a reply to: Rocker2013

. You change the recruiting process to include thorough psychological evaluation on a national level of standards. Anyone found to be unsuitable doesn't get past the first stage.

They already claim to do that. The academy trains to the highest standards possible. Go ahead and accuse them differently.
Might as well jump in the water and try and convince sharks not to be so shark like.

Your solutions read like inexperience with the state apparatus. Everyone knows theres bullies in there, they don't want to be the ones threatening their status quo and livelihood. This brings put the Fraternal Brotherhood of their 'membership'.

They enjoy wielding their power they aren't going to let anyone mess with that. Not without a fight.

They already kill who they please and get away with it. Better bring an army…

The state tolerates this because they want to keep their power, too.
edit on 19-4-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:39 PM
If they want to keep their corporate, for profit prisons full, there's a whole bunch right there that they can use.

The officers, doctors, psychologists and anyone else implicit in that man's injury and eventual death should be stripped of any license they have and tried for conspiracy to commit murder.
edit on 4/19/2016 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: crazyewok

It's not just police, nurses and psychiatrists all dismissed him.

Just a complete and utter failure of the system.

And utter failure of human beings and human being at their jobs.
Even if they suspected he was faking he should have been checked out and the psychologist should have been concerned with his mental state, why were they even there!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I've long said that American police departments need to be kept on an extremely tight leash and monitored pretty much 24/7. Why do I say this? Because standards across the US are pathetic, training has been appalling, monitoring has been almost non-existent.

The psychological aspect of this is well known. There are numerous studies out there which prove, absolutely, without a shadow of doubt, that when you put a collection of Humans in a position of power over others, many of them become psychopaths and abusers - this is fed by a tribal mentality amongst that community of people, like police officers, who have a well known history of protecting themselves first, protecting each other second, and doing their jobs last.

The most famous study was conducted at a University in the 70's. A psychology study was attempting to prove collective and developed psychopathy in normal average everyday people. They split a group of students into two - prison guards and inmates.

The guards were given certain authority to inflict punishments, such as less food, less time out of cells etc. Within days it became clear that the psychology of both groups had drastically changed. The inmates became withdrawn and quiet, scared, some became extremely angry at the injustice of the situation.

The guards, most interestingly, became psychotic in their treatment of the inmates. They formed a club, where specific inmates were picked as targets for abuse, they lied to each other about what the inmates had done on their shift to encourage abuse from their colleagues, they became physically and emotionally abusive, it got worse and worse until the department had to pull the plug on the experiment because they feared murder or suicide.

All the participants were psychology students, they were all peers, all equal, but after only a short time they divided into abuser and victim.

Everyone needed psychological help after this experiment and most of them never talked about the experience, these people were traumatized by what they had done.

We know this happens, and yet we do nothing about it. I have no doubt at all that the same thing happened to this man. This is about a group of people in a position of power who have lost their Humanity, they have become psychopaths, they've become a close-knit group of abusers protecting each other while preying on their victims, who are delivered to them by law.

This is why there are so many problems in police departments all over the US. These people are not accountable to anyone but each other, and they have a clan mentality where protecting each other from the law and from consequences is their first priority.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you need national standards in policing from employment to screening to evaluation every six months. You need standard practices and standard procedures across every state. Most of all, you need a proper Police Complaints procedure run by members of the public who are charged with asserting guilt and punishment, and when a problem like this affects everyone in a department, that department needs to be ripped apart and replaced by something else.

And finally, you need to change public perception in the US and educate people about what police are there for. No police officer is responsible for asserting guilt, no police officer is responsible for delivering punishment of any kind, and no police officer should have the ability to treat anyone in their custody differently from anyone else. Police officers have three things to do and that's all:

1. Prevent crime.
2. Arrest those SUSPECTED of a crime.
3. Deliver those SUSPECTED of a crime to the relevant courts - safely and with respect.

That's it, that's all, it's not hard. Somehow, the American public has allowed Police officers to become Judge Dredd, where shooting someone to death is okay if you personally think they look like a criminal, or might have done something illegal once, or is just black (and therefore a "thug" obviously deserving of execution in the street). The American people have allowed all of this to happen because they gave their police far too much authority, far too much power, and absolutely ZERO oversight or accountability.

As you can tell, all of this makes me damn angry, and I get even angrier when I see that nothing is changing, nothing real has been done, the US government made a pathetically weak statement once about changing things, and so far f*ck all seems to have happened. The US government should have already passed measures to keep police departments in line, and those that reject those measures should be torn apart and replaced by new officers who have had adequate training.

Well I just have to say I agree with every sentiment you have expressed. I also have to include that the ideas you have stated should be standard practise for any nation's standing police force. Only have one star to give, but that is a five star post.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:08 AM

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

According to the article he was physically fine until he repeatedly banged his head against something after coming completely unhinged.
Though the incompetance of the sheriff's office and medical staff is staggering.
If he had a history of mental illness, he should have went directly to mental health and immediately sedated instead of taken to county jail.

Really, I know its from what the cop did. And I can't legally say what would be the case if that was my son. I do know he'd be the hospital or I'd be driving through that jail with a tank and squishing the evil bugs.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:10 AM
Anyone who has spent time in a county run facility knows that this is common.

They don't listen because so many prisoners fake it so they just ignore everything and everyone. I witnessed them ignore a seizure for hours once until the entire house was basically out of their seats.

Mostly drug offenders who aren't really bad people just a little messed up. They don't like watching people die either.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:30 AM
I'm very tired of people complying with anything they know is wrong. You don't comply. You check your pulse: are you a murderer, rapist, are exploiting and enslaving people like the world mismanagement team?

If you know you're not a bad guy, then you do not comply ever, with what is wrong.

There are many kinds of Love. One of them is serve and protect.

You would demand that your son is checked out in a hospital.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:35 AM

originally posted by: seeker1963

Just something that SHOULD be also mentioned in this article?

Tulsa County Jail is a private corporation prison!!!!!!

I find it disgusting that the MSM seems to always omit the fact that many of these incidents happen in Corporate run prisons......

Although the source is not MSM usually the MSM won't even report on this kind of abuse of Human Rights..

How on earth do you have private corporate run prisons? Seriously when did this begin. And why? I cannot even fathom such a thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:22 AM
a reply to: Joecanada11

Yeah they slipped that in while most of us were asleep they promised better value for our tax dollars and we said hell ya!!..well kinda .

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:29 AM
a reply to: Rocker2013

Thugs and militas are equated to the same base level cultures that the system has used.
White militias are terrorists and BLM are protesters.
The opposite is true ,unless the individual is malfunctional.
To say a demographic is 100% applicable is lazy and indefensable.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:42 AM

That's really messed up. I mean I understand saving money and trying to keep government smaller but that is one of a few areas that should be taken care of by the government without a doubt.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:31 AM
I didn't read all of this OP and I may be off base on this. Every post that I was assigned while on active duty the police were alway heavy handed. They say that's just GIs acting badly. My take on this is the local police use the soldiers as a revenue source. Phenix City, Al , Fayetteville,NC, Enterprise,Al and Oak Grove, Ky are all guilty of "rolling GIs".

One police dept. prayed on drunk drivers and would lay and wait at bars for soldier to drive away. This was brought to my attention when a designated drive was pulled over after leaving a bar. The driver was told he was pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving. When the driver tested clean of drinking he was cited for weaving.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the small municipality, with a copy to the post commander, the situation changed but wasn't solved. The tactics changed from DUI to arresting GIs for public intoxication. The Gis would be picked up while sitting at a bus stop and charged with public intoxication.

My next letter was to inform them that I would put their town off limits to my unit. The mayor contacted the post commander saying that I was threatening the "wellbeing of his town". Things improved until it became public that we were deploying and then things returned to the same police behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>