It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids used for Hunting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sorry but my sources are lacking, I watched a television program that said the pyramids in southern america were used as a look out post for hunting.

In such a flat place a pyramid would make it alot easier to hunt, By standing on top of it you could easily scout the general area. The sacrificial Alter at the top of the Southern American Pyamids could just be a butchers table?

And if that is what they were used for, instead of just tombs, That would mean the egyptian pyramids are alot older then what was previously thought, I think the "great" pyramids were actually surrounded by a lush jungle terrain at one point and the pyramid was actually a look out.....or the top of a huge space ship.

Anyways. This is the end.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They must have some pretty darn good eye sight to see an animal in the jungle from those heights!
Talk about eagle's eye! Or them using some good telescopes and walkie talkies.

"There's one! Team 5, target sighted at 3 o'clock!"... "Copy that pyramid post!"
*spears go flying*
"Great job men!"

Nah, don't think so.

Interesting theory however.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think climbing into a tree would work better for spotting game and be a lot easier than building a huge pyramid.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think whoever got this idea watched "Aliens vs Predator" a couple of times to many :@

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It might have been possible for the pyramids in the americas to have been hunting things, but Itd be pretty hard to stand on the egyptian pyramids and throw a spear or shoot an arrow and why bother its all sand what are you gonna hit a cactus?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Read it over agian, a very long time ago, Egypt was not a desert.

And trying to something with an arrow or a spear from those heights? Doubt it, Its a look out, instead of wandering around trying to get lucky and find some game, why not have someone as a scout to point out in which direction to head?

It wouldn't be that far of a distance really. I can see pretty much to the horizon and still with clear vision, I cant read a sign 5 miles away but I can tell you color / shape / and if its moving ( dunno why a sign would be moving, but if it did )

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think the Aztecs had some kind of lookout posts for hunting as when the Spanish came to invade none of the sentrys said anything as the shining chest armour the Spaniairds wore tied in with their religion and they thought they were gods or something.

I maybe wrong so anyone who knows better please correct me!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have a book entitled "Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses."

This is what it says about vision:

The truth is that human beings evolved to have excellent vision, especially at a distance, because our ancestors were hunters and warriors whose survival depended on it.

Now IF the pyramids were actually surrounded by a jugle, then possibly the pyramids would have been a lookout. The hunters vision would be obstucted by the vast foliage, so he would have needed another individual, someone with a better vantage point, to be his "eyes" for him. I just thought I'd throw that into the mix.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Seeking Nirvana]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This seems like a reasonable theory to me.
www.thepump.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I think whoever got this idea watched "Aliens vs Predator" a couple of times to many :@

A couple of times is a couple of times too many for that film

join