It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Jumps Backwards Over race Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Damien Walters , professional crazy bastard (awesome freerunner) jumped over a speeding race car yesterday...with his eyes closed...and his back turned.

Calculated and crazy! If he'd slipped or mistimed it, he'd be asking Oscar Pistorius if he could borrow his blades. The stakes here were so high and so final.

It's great to see him succeed, but I'm not sure a stunt like this was worth the risk.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

All i can say is daayyyyum, that guy carries those balls over his shoulder. Well done

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Damn.

I can't even look left and walk in a straight line without veering off course. This guy is doing back-flips over a race car with his eyes closed.

Guess I have to give him credit lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Would have been the most gruesome 'fail' video on YT if it went wrong. Urgh!

Next should be jumping a fighter jet taking off and he has to do a double-spin or it doesn't count

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

I hope he paid his respects to his family before stepping up to that challenge.

Maybe his manager fancies his wife and keeps setting him up with ever more dangerous stunts?!

His YT Channel

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just think it's dumb. I get that it's super calculated and whatnot, looks kinda cool, the guy has balls. I just don't see the point.

The guy doing it is risking his life for attention, the driver of the car has questionable (at best) morals, is willing to risk killing someone for a "cool" video. It just seems dumb and "try hard".

It's pretty awesome to see someone do a backflip, but in this context it just seems sort of lame. Notice me senpai.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
skip to 2:50 to see the jump.

dude defiantly has the skills!
edit on 19-4-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Totally agree, what is the point of him actually doing this?

a reply to: Domo1

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I can see the headlines now...

TEEN KILLED BY CAR WHILE ATTEMPTING BACKFLIP

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

haha i never thought of that! i know some people who are into parkour and i bet you when i show them this video they will say they could do that, idiots i tell you.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Agreed with the poster above that stated that the person driving the car has questionable morals. How can you drive a car that fast at a man with his back turned towards you? Even if you have practiced it beforehand? And the man doing the stunt is stupid. It looks like it was real. If it was, he was playing with his life. If it had gone wrong he could have been severely injured or even been killed. Where is the respect for his life? And the respect for his family and friends? It was a very selfish act.

Here is a list of people doing stupid stunts who either really messed up their bodies or died trying. All of them suffered, and their families and friends, just because of these stupid acts which were NOT necessary to do to begin with.

edit on 19-4-2016 by LifeisGrand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This has been debunked, it's fake.
Did his hands touch the ground the first time? No!
Did his hands touch the ground the second time? Yes!
Same shot from different angles? No!
Was the car off to his side all the time? YES!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Definitely fake.

It's a man doing a back flip in front of a screen showing an approaching racing car.

Ah gee, you guys are so easy...

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANTHONY33
This has been debunked, it's fake.
Did his hands touch the ground the first time? No!
Did his hands touch the ground the second time? Yes!
Same shot from different angles? No!
Was the car off to his side all the time? YES!

Yes it was off to the side. The first time. It even says it in the video as its happening, so I dunno why you're acting like that is debunking it. It was a practice run.

You don't practice it first time with the car coming right at you. You need to test it a few times to work out the timing, when to jump, get a feel for the correct height etc.
edit on 19/4/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ANTHONY33

From the driver's cam:

The video was posted by the FIA Formula E Championship outfit. That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't in on a stunt. Without more evidence, it isn't yet 'debunked.'

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I see the point. I can't say that it's an intelligent one, or a good idea, or a prudent choice. This guy has a skill and he chose to pit his skill against machinery that could kill him in a heartbeat. Would I choose the same? No. I don't have those skills. This will likely be a life-changing event for the guy (and the driver!) and the benefits of this event won't be measured by any of us, but he will know them. imo. ;o)

Have I ever done stupid and/or reckless things to prove something to myself? Oh yeah. Could they have killed me? Well, some of them. Others, merely maimed. It doesn't make any logical sense. It's a thing that people choose for themselves, and I respect it.

new topics

top topics

join