It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'truth movement'/'ct community' was defeated before it started

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Together we stand, divided we fall. We were divided before we started.

Religious people, woo woos, new agers...generally speaking, they live by faith, not by sight. How could those of who rely on facts and logic ever convince people who live by faith what the significant problems in the world are?

Look at the Japan forum; there's a huge split between those who realize the seriousness of the Fukushima disaster and those who don't comprehend it. That's an issue that's as clear-cut as it gets.

Concerning basically every issue, the "truth movement"/"ct community" always seems to have the same problem...

We can't agree on what the problems are.

You can't agree on how to solve a problem until you agree on what the problem is.

The way I see this forum and others like it now is mostly a discussion about what the problems are. That's where it all stops. Talking about solutions means agreeing on what the problems are. You can't get to the former without the latter.
edit on 19-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
But that is the essence of truth... To spread knowledge and maybe change opinions
edit on 19-4-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Together we stand, divided we fall. We were divided before we started.

Religious people, woo woos, new agers...generally speaking, they live by faith, not by sight. How could those of who rely on facts and logic ever convince people who live by faith what the significant problems in the world are?

Look at the Japan forum; there's a huge split between those who realize the seriousness of the Fukushima disaster and those who don't comprehend it. That's an issue that's as clear-cut as it gets.

Concerning basically every issue, the "truth movement"/"ct community" always seems to have the same problem...

We can't agree on what the problems are.

You can't agree on how to solve a problem until you agree on what the problem is.

The way I see this forum and others like it now is mostly a discussion about what the problems are. That's where it all stops. Talking about solutions means agreeing on what the problems are. You can't get to the former without the latter.

Don't put too much weight on the writings of those who do not accept, for example only, that the Fukushima situation is bad when some study of the matter would cause a reasonable person some concerna7.

While I am happy to discuss things with people who have genuine inquiry and seek to learn new knowledge etc, I do not waste my time with people from whom I get a fairly strong impression that they are paid to join ATS (and likely other forums) and "debate" the important issues which re discussed on here.

Make note of who these people are note if they also debate the silly little meaningless things that also get discussed on this forum. I suspect they will not appear in such discussions.

Note also how many of these people are usually constitute the first few replies to the OP post. I have noticed this is particularly with sensitive topics of UFO/Aliens, US govt conspiracy, false flags and whistle blowers.

These people seek only to distract you and sap you of your energy.

The best way to deal with these people is to simply ignore them, do not give them oxygen.
edit on 19-4-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
But that is the essence of truth... To spread knowledge and maybe change opinions

The essence of brainwashing, manipulation, propaganda, ego, vanity...

"Be the change that you want to see!"

Always easier to leave one's own Heart alone... while pointing and judging 'others'.

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

There never will be a movement... If someone who actually claimed to have inside knowledge of government cover-ups and he brought forth tangible evidence to back up the claim. You would still have dissenters claiming that this person is just a government shill or that this is a psy-op and/or basically this person is not to be trusted because_____________ (insert cop-out conspiracy theory here)

Not to bash on all members of this site,but ATS is the best realistic example of why such a movement wouldn't be possible.
There's a lack of consensus and you're going to be pretty hard pressed to find one thing that everyone here can agree on.
Hopefully things will change,but I doubt any of us will be alive to see that day.
edit on 4am30America/Chicago3002America/Chicagoam452 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

great points

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
nice post, i share the same dilemmas... those who claim to be awake and continue to argue, insult and judge other people's opinions still have a lot of work to do and it always starts from within.. people want to agree to disagree while each side holds a piece of resentment.. hmm, that's not the best option either.. The truth itself is very confrontational to people's beliefs, rationale and preconceived ideas.. I've been experimenting in many ways to drop clues, nuggets of truth, anything that doesn't come off as a knock on their knowledge which hopefully makes them feel that spark of curiosity to find their truths.. Cuz most people will not listen and get the bigger picture from our reality checks..

healthy debating is fine, why do we not see this as much as the fussing and fighting seen on countless comments all over youtube for example?.. i can accept someone's ignorance, hatred and short-mindedness.. all i can do is help guide them towards the right path and wish they find their way..

arguements do have their positive sides in that hopefully both sides takes the time to re-examine the discourse and double check their facts in dispute.. gotta turn the negatives into a positive- recognize the catalysts as such

we gotta return to the common ground agreements.. ask them how they feel about simple problems with the system- do you like paying $$$ for gas and electricity? do you like hearing about corruption in your country or outside of it? wouldn't you agree that the financial system is funked up? "oh yea, of course" then insert your intelligent ideas and solutions, sprinkle in those details you wanted to get across and hopefully we can build instead of bickering about the differences of knowledge and opinions.. PEACE

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories aren't truthful.

They are made of loosely compiled facts and largely made up testimonies from people trying to make some money.

There never was any such thing as a truth movement.

You don't start with a conclusion and work your way backwards. That's not how science works.

top topics

join