It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arguably The Most Important Documentary In The History Of Medicine Was Just Released

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

My wife, her father and brother all have cancerous polyps now. I might try and do a kind of study with lowering the glucose levels. Wife has had 90% of her large intestines removed, her brother has had an ileo-rectal anastomosis (colon joined to small bowel) and her father has had the colon and rectum removed entirely and is on an iliostomy bag.

Talk to the docs about this, better to get them onboard as they will have to be involved if something goes wrong. My spouse's docs have taken this favorably (she is onto a severe ketones diet since two years).

Not all peoples can adapt to this metabolic state, it can take time, and sometime not possible at all, especially if the person have some parts of their digestive system removed.

But anyway, I think going just low carb without producing ketones is still a very good thing. It will reduce chance of diabetes, and as more and more peoples seem to be convinced it seem to reduce cholesterol level in blood. Strange? Eating fat to lower fat deposit in blood vessel!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Oh I wouldn't do it without medical advice, that would be irresponsible.

I think the low/no carb thing is a good thing for both of us to start doing anyway, regardless of other medical problems.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I think the low/no carb thing is a good thing for both of us to start doing anyway, regardless of other medical problems.

Even if you try hard, no carbs is nearly impossible and unnecessary. There is always a little qty of glycogen or glycogen derived carbs into meat.

If you are interested at reading some historical context associated with low carbs diet, I recommend a book:
STEFANSSON, V. (1960). The Fat of the Land.

You can find badly OCRd on the web, but purchasing it (if you can find it) is a good investment.

I could talk a long time about this subject as I have investigated multitudes of aspect of ketosis, that is why I think it may be some form of survival defence mechanism.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

When you look at the number of nuclear tests since 1945, and the fact that the radioactive particles from those tests continue to get farther and farther into the biosphere, its not hard to imagine why we have a skyrocketing cancer rate. Add to that industrial pollution, and its a wonder more people don't have it (yet).

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

When you look at the number of nuclear tests since 1945, and the fact that the radioactive particles from those tests continue to get farther and farther into the biosphere, its not hard to imagine why we have a skyrocketing cancer rate.

Not that I want to defend nuclear tests or nuclear pollution, but if you ever "played" with radiation detection equipments, you will see that we are constantly bombarded by very high energy cosmic rays and shower of particules resulting from these cosmic ray interaction in the atmophere.

And for those who say that we ingest dangerous radionucleide, put in perspective that we are "built" with a high percentage of carbon, carbon atom even make our DNA, and a percentage of our carbon is C-14 that will eventually decay and cleave your DNA.

The rates of disintegration of potassium-40 and carbon-14 in the normal adult body are comparable (a few thousand disintegrated nuclei per second).

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I tried to read the whole thread before I said anything but I just can't do it. I understand that some people just can't wrap their heads around how complexmedical research is. About 15 years ago my aunt died of breast cancer, the survival rate was basically a 5050 shot and there was only one or two treatments, if those didn't work sorry better luck next time. The fact that they have been able to identify hundreds of different types of cancer and are able to identify the specific genes that are causing it are amazing advancements in my opinion. Considering my mother in law recently had cancer and they were able to diagnose the type and there was at least 3 treatments available for that one specific type. If you call that some kind of waste of money and time I'll tell you your insane. That is an amazing advancement in 15 years, there might be some greedy organizations that overcharge and take advantage on the system but there is no possible way it is some global conspiracy to depopulate the world. I don't even want to humor that, but there are way more cost effective and efficient means of population control. I'm sorry the world isn't as cut and dry as you would like it to be. Just because something doesn't work how you want it to or doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it's a world wide conspiracy. There are plenty of things the powers that be are doing to screw up the world but I'm sorry cancer is not one of them.
edit on 20-4-2016 by TexasSeabee because: I made a typo

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

. . .
"By targeting the mitochondria, we can force cancerous cells to die just as regular malfunctioning cells would," said Dhar, who is part of the UGA Cancer Center. "But the drug we have developed affects only cancerous cells, leaving normal cells undisturbed."

In their experiments, Dhar and her research team exposed cancer cells to Mito-DCA. The results showed that the engineered chemical substance was able to switch the glycolysis-based metabolism of cancer cells to glucose oxidation, meaning that the cancer cells can once again die via apoptosis.

Mito-DCA also suppressed the production of lactic acid in cancerous cells, which allows them to avoid detection by the body's immune system. With this cloaking device damaged, the body's own T-cells are better able to recognize tumors and eliminate them.
. . .

From your last quote this is in reply to:

medicalxpress.com...

SOUNDS GOOD, TO ME! YEA!

Have prayed some for your wife, BTW.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Dichloroacetic acid (DCA) would be very interesting to try while shifting the metabolism to ketones. It would probably allow to NOT use metformin and be safer.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Over and over, I've been hearing the same. The question arises, who gets profit from the fraud? Not so hard brain work here - the agroCONCERNS (sounds like cancer) who feed the populations of earth with their plastic rice. Well kill'em I say, but nobody has a gun anymore...

(not big enough)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

what is "inaccurate" ?

The Vitamin-C thing? It was not that point. Read it again - my whole point was that the doctor denied everything just 4 years ago and now it's a confirmed, official endorsed form of treatment by the National Cancer Institute.

Wasn't this whole thread about that the cancer industry is a scam?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

When you look at the number of nuclear tests since 1945, and the fact that the radioactive particles from those tests continue to get farther and farther into the biosphere, its not hard to imagine why we have a skyrocketing cancer rate. Add to that industrial pollution, and its a wonder more people don't have it (yet).

Starred for that. Not only the prevention of mutations due to a plethora of toxins in the environment, but a reduction in industry overall is less likely. The more people on planet earth the more they need to expand industry to feed and house them.

The rising price of metals due to their increasing scarcity means ever more destructive mining techniques and more mercury, cyanide and tailings in the environment as a result. The petro chemical industry, polluting the biosphere with ever more runoff of chemical fertilizer and pesticides poured on corn syrup to feed you with.

Enjoy that golden cellphone technology, texting while you burn gas driving round town to get Mickey D's.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: namelesss

One of my good friends, a 7th Day Adventist . . . has cured herself twice--many years apart . . . from 2 different bouts with cancer--strictly by supplements/homeopathic means.

Sad about your Mom.

Sorry, but that's now how she was cured. It was most definitely something else. Homeopathic remedies are a joke, at best. Now, a good diet (no meat, no dairy, all plants) yeah, that's probably the cure. So the supplements probably helped as she was likely had a deficiency of some sort. Which most cancers are a cause of. Don't be surprised if down the road it is eventually regarded as something similar to scurvy.

BTW, stay far away from dairy if cancer runs in the family. Humans are not meant to consume milk, especially of other species.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
There will never be a silver bullet cure for cancer.... I agree with the point about pharma companies, it's just that cancer doesn't work that way. Viral and bacterial infections most likely are that way....
Cancer is a mistake in the DNA of a cell that begins replicating. Making every strain different, and making a cure, nearly impossible.

Wrong it is actually very very simple. They simple will not let people know. (Bold mine.)

There is plenty of research showing the link between pH and cancer. Cancer thrives in an acidic environment, and doesn't survive in an normal, more alkaline environment. Cancer cells make your body even more acidic as they produce lactic acid. So if you have cancer, your pH levels are low and your body is too acidic. - See more at: www.cancerfightingstrategies.com...

Case for Alkaline Diet
In “Cancer Diagnosed: What Now?” author Willem J. Serfontein makes his case for the alkaline diet as a weapon for fighting cancer. A former professor of chemical pathology at South Africa’s University of Pretoria, Serfontein suggests that no cancer therapy can ultimately succeed if it is not used in combination with an alkaline diet. He claims that major cancers cannot survive in an alkaline environment with an average pH of 7.8 or higher. Serfontein contends that the typical Western diet, which is high in the consumption of refined food products, is a bad cancer diet because its high levels of acidity literally feed cancer cells. He claims that an alkaline diet can halt the spread of cancer “better than any treatment.”

www.livestrong.com...

My mother had melinoma and tried the acid thing...she passed away 2 years ago...

If you made your body "too acidic" for cancer...well nothing, because it's a scientific impossibility. You would kill yourself long before you changed your PH level enough to kill cancer...

My mother (

Well I am not a Dr and i don't have cancer at the moment but most of the alternative remedies I have read about and that people have said helped them are things you can do even if you are doing conventional stuff, like for instance diet can be changed. I was just reading about coral calcium, I think i would try a lot of the alternatives myself but those are decisions only the sick person should make.
www.cancure.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drocms
I work in pharmacy and I have to tell you, if the pharmaceutical companies come up with a chemo drug that has a 2 precent better outcome than next leading chemo drug they jump on it. That's why people who work in the medical field generally do not buy the "they have the cure" theory. Do you realize how much a cure would go for? Look up Harvoni. In 90 precent+ of hepatitis c patients it cures the disease. Over a course of three treatments they are cured, wanna guess how much it costs? It costs my pharmacy over 80 thousand dollars to buy the three bottles consisting of the entire treatment. You know what is even crazier? Insurance companies almost never reject it because it is cheaper over the long run (less hospitalizations). Trust me, if they had a cure it would be bottled and accessible to you... At a cost

Excellent point...

That conspiracy would require competing pharma companies to be turning down the MASSIVE short term profit in a cure. In favor of the long term "less money now, more in the long run" treatment.

The whole problem with the American buisness model, is 100% the focus on sort term, quarterly gains, rather than long term sustainablity or its work force and consumer class....

So the pharma complains are the one place quarterly profits are not the major shareholder concern?!?!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

. . .
"By targeting the mitochondria, we can force cancerous cells to die just as regular malfunctioning cells would," said Dhar, who is part of the UGA Cancer Center. "But the drug we have developed affects only cancerous cells, leaving normal cells undisturbed."

In their experiments, Dhar and her research team exposed cancer cells to Mito-DCA. The results showed that the engineered chemical substance was able to switch the glycolysis-based metabolism of cancer cells to glucose oxidation, meaning that the cancer cells can once again die via apoptosis.

Mito-DCA also suppressed the production of lactic acid in cancerous cells, which allows them to avoid detection by the body's immune system. With this cloaking device damaged, the body's own T-cells are better able to recognize tumors and eliminate them.
. . .

From your last quote this is in reply to:

medicalxpress.com...

SOUNDS GOOD, TO ME! YEA!

Have prayed some for your wife, BTW.

My point is, is they ARE working on cures.

This simple drug could possibly eliminate all cancerous cells.

I'll try and explain in a simple way.

Cells are programmed to automatically die. Cancerous cells have that programming, but it's turned off. This drug turns on that feature again, making the cancerous cells die.

It's a fascinating idea and something that could revolutionise the way we look at diseases.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've said it a million times "Main Stream Medicine will NEVER allow cancer to be cured" - PERIOD! Just think of the impact it would have on the world economy. Thousands, if not millions of people out of a job. Buildings and equipment rendered useless. Drug companies put out of business.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CT_Flyboy

Cancer isn't the be all and end all of medicinal science. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of other things to research.

To say it would be the end of businesses and people's jobs isn't accurate as the research would move onto other areas.

Think of a car. When that was first invented and produced did they stop? No, they improved, designed other things based off the knowledge gained and so on.
edit on 2042016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Exactly, we are living longer so more chances of getting cancer and other problems associated with age had to laugh at one of the links in the OP it mentioned Linus Pauling, Ph.D who died 22 years ago

There have been lots of advances in cancer treatment but as some of our members only get their info from conspiracy sites they will never see anything else.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Greetings,

Cancer is caused by imbalances in the Mind which manifest in the Body - the Body is a creature of the Mind. The most common being unreleased energy e.g. holding in anger and not transmuting, transmitting, or balancing it.

Do you ever wonder why one who smokes cigarettes their whole lives does not get cancer yet another who smokes as well will get lung cancer? We can say it's predisposed genes and/or DNA - however, DNA/genes can, and do, mutate in real time or during a generation (during a period of one's life). These mutations, changes in DNA, or even the activation of certain genes, can be induced by external AND internal circumstances.

The truth is that it is the Mind, the thoughts, the inner turmoil, and the actions of a person (reflected by their inner world) which brings about the manifestation of cancer.

Stress DOES affect and increase cancer manifestation.

One small example being Norepinephrine, a chemical released when one is going through periods of stress actually increases the growth of cancer. This is a factual and less thought of variable in cancer but it shows how the Mind's state reflects in the manifestations of illness/disease(s) in the Body.

cancerres.aacrjournals.org...

As a healer, I can assure you - cancer is very related to the inner state of the person.

Namaste.

edit on 20-4-2016 by GreatWay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
From what i've noticed, treatments tend to get buried and later forgotten. Similar to how Ciclopirox (topical antifungal cream) was causing HIV infected cells to commit suicide by jamming up the cell's powerhouse a researchers stated. Since that was published, I have no heard of any updates and story has been buried or they stay in endless trails.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join