It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bomb Alerts at Jakarta Embassies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Indonesian authorities have mobilised anti-terror squads in Jakarta. This decision has been made as a result of credible threats made via phone. The alerts concern the British and Thai embassies in Jakarta.

www.news.com.au
A spokesman for the city's police said telephone calls warning of an attack on the missions, both located in the central business district close to several major upmarket hotels and media organisations, were being taken seriously.

"Earlier tonight, two telephone calls were placed to the British embassy and the Thai embassy in central Jakarta warning them of a bomb attack," Jakarta police spokesman Chief Commissioner Ciptono told AFP.

"Two police bomb squads and two additional teams including an anti-terror unit are now scouring the area where both embassies are located. We are not taking this threat lightly," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Again, this seems to me to be a change in tactics by extremists.
The scare factor. Imagine how much time and resources will go into this alert, while trying to deal with the tsunami disaster.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When you say scare factor, I think you are probably right. In that I believe it is a hoax. There is no bomb, but the reaction to the threats causes as much fear and terror as if there were an actual bomb.

If they were going to attack embassies, they most likely would not warn people.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yes, i think this is a shift to cripple economies, infrastructure and a shift in direction by the extremists worldwide, by keeping the "infidels" paranoid.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by sanctum]

join