It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am watching periscope and seeing tweets etc of Donald Trump In Buffalo at Niagara center Live

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No, you advocate taking away his right to be there because some people want to vocally protest his presence while thousands want him there. Screw that, call a duck, a duck will ya and stop making excuses for other people's bad behaviour.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

No, you advocate taking away his right to be there because some people want to vocally protest his presence while thousands want him there. Screw that, call a duck, a duck will ya and stop making excuses for other people's bad behaviour.

Cheers - Dave

I didn't advocate taking away any rights. Also, protesting is a right, but when you don't like it it's bad behavior. Which duck are you?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
To point out Trump's thug tactics. The event was local to me. It is an issue that is important to me, so I created a thread. Is that not the purpose of a forum?

I'm just going to pretend that I don't think you're trolling here, and that I don't believe you know better than this.

I don't even like Trump, but let's clear this up.

Everyone has a right to peaceful assembly. Peaceful. Yelling and carrying on while a person who has paid to rent a space is trying to speak to his or her constituents is not peaceful nor is it protected under the Constitution. The protesters are allowed to speak in any public venue they desire, or in any private venue they have paid to reserve. Donald Trump paid to reserve this one and can have anybody removed that he pleases be it a protester, the Pope, his own grandmother or even Jesus Christ.

Also, just to be clear, the First Amendment talks about what the government can't tell you to shut up about, not what a private citizen can't tell you to shut up about. The entire Constitution is a list of limits placed on THE GOVERNMENT.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I don't understand these protesters mentality.

What is protesting at a Trump event going to do?

I imagine it's one part protest, one part stage diving...kind of exciting...at best a wild ride and man-handled...at worst you end up with some broken bones and you get your 5 minutes in the spotlight.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A lot of butt hurt people over Trump. Too bad, so sad. Better get used to it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Lots of people scared stiffless of Trump.

What will they do if he actually gets to be President ?

I will move.

I hope you do. I've read many of your posts and we'd be served better if you left.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Trump supporters don't care that he's a womanizer, that he's a racist and that he uses silly name calling and lies about anyone who points out his bullship.

Trump supporters are like children "look its a celebrity he's rich and famous so he must be good "

Very good.

Womanizer and racist. OK.

lolol!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hes made numerous comments about women that are so disgusting if anyone said those kinds of things about my sister or mother they would be eating out of a straw for a week.

Then he calls Mexican immigrants rapists. He proposes a ban on all Muslims.

You tell me what you would call that?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Hes made numerous comments about women that are so disgusting if anyone said those kinds of things about my sister or mother they would be eating out of a straw for a week.

Then he calls Mexican immigrants rapists. He proposes a ban on all Muslims.

You tell me what you would call that?

Ok, sticks and stones, first off. "look at that face" lol!

oh, and you seem violent, btw.

He called "some" illegal border jumpers/coyotes rapists and murderers, not legal immigrants.

He proposed a temp ban of "some" muslims from certain areas until they can be vetted properly.

Where are you getting your info?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
geeze, Fox just called NY for Trump! lol!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

I believe you should stop making intentionally incorrect statements at your convenience. These comments have been discussed in many other threads.

Before talking about American politics irrationally, read a little.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

I believe you have no right to tell me what I can or cannot say. I read and watch American politics every day. I've seen his remarks. It's not my fault that his supporters don't see his remarks or him for what they are or he is. I'm just glad I don't live in a country where that many people would support a loon like him.
edit on 19-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Confirmation bias

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities. It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning.

As stated above, "systematic error of inductive reasoning".

Emotions nor perceptions are valid bases to validate an argument or opinion.

Again, read a little. Maybe you'll learn.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

That's exactly what trump supporters do. I don't have any personal vested interest in any candidate as I am not voting. Therefore I have no confirmation bias. I've based my opinions on the conduct of Donald Trump and the remarks that he has made. Also the way he changes his positions. It's not me with a confirmation bias it's those that blindly support him no matter what outrageous things he says.

(post by JamesNGiantLeach removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesNGiantLeach

You think America is the adult table. Ha. Fighting unfairly is real adult. I bet you wouldn't dare pick on soneonody your own size. Come to Canada we will show you what an adult table is.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

When asked to leave or pulled to leave, they sat down. They were invited.

Is it an open event or did he rent the venue?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

I didn't advocate taking away any rights. Also, protesting is a right, but when you don't like it it's bad behavior. Which duck are you?

I'm the duck that thinks your rights end where mine begin and mine end where yours begin. If you try to prevent me from going to an event or disrupt the one I am at, using slander, verbal or physical coercion or the threat of physical violence, you have overstepped your rights and are interfering with mine. This ain't rocket science. It's called consideration for others and a healthy respect for personal boundaries.

If someone wants to yell and scream from across the street with the rest of the delusional snowflakes and SJW'S, that's fine, just don't physically interfere and certainly don't enter an event for the express purpose of disruption and physical confrontation. Physical interference is assault and generally results in physical defence and/or charges. I have to wonder if most of these Trump protesters have a brain cell between them, they want to risk felony charges for an agenda that isn't even their own.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

dragged out

Not going to accept this here.

Don;t care what he wants to give to the Bills. Just leave.

They are being dragged because they chose to fall to the ground forcing their dumb asses to dragged out! So much for freedom of others just because you disagree?

They were protesting, maybe yelling. In a massive crowd. That caused the removal. Odd, it is a VERY loud place. Why the removal to begin with? To get in you had to go to a website and print out a ticket. Every person in there had a ticket to get in. It wasn't random people that wandered in.

When asked to leave or pulled to leave, they sat down. They were invited.

Doesn't matter.

if ONE protester is loud enough to keep some attendees from hearing what they came to hear, they are then infringing upon THEIR rights, and should and will be removed.

You cannot trample on another's rights and not expect to be forcibly removed if you CHOOSE to not comply with an order to leave.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join