It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am watching periscope and seeing tweets etc of Donald Trump In Buffalo at Niagara center Live

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Honestly, I'd just like someone to give me an update on what the hell happened tonight without having to read the entire thread.

What happened at the rally?

Some bernouts showed up and got dragged out and reldra doesn't like it.

Anyone that stands-up for the right to free speech should not like it either. It's sad that we have to disrupt speeches and toss people out of these events simply because someone wants their voice heard.

I'm actually not too much of a Bernie fan, but I respect what he did when the BLM people rushed his stage. He let them have their moment in which their voices could be heard.

I wish Trump would do the same.

Ya know what?

Let them get their own friggin rallies and spout anything they want, like normal people.

edit on 4 18 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

how can you be FOR free speech if you are FOR people that want to deny others the right to speak?

Which "people" am I "for"?

Be specific.

The disrupters of Trump rallies, the BLM disrupters?

You tell me.

Be specific.

Hmm I think it was the Ron Paul protesters the last presidential election primaries or who ever the were.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

In that instance, I saw a coward that didn't want to confront people disrupting his rally.

tomayto, tomahto.

If that was a Trump event, those people would have been on the ground within seconds and ruffed-up by security.

Sanders actually let them on stage and allowed their voice to be heard, without the need for beefy security guys to keep him safe.

Which one took the bigger balls?

Overall point being that we should get together and argue about politics. Let people voice their grievances, their concerns. We can't do that anymore because these events are private and in which only the message of the person that paid for the venue can heard. Any dissenting opinion must be suppressed.

Doesn't sound much like a republic to me.
edit on 18-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It hasn't been a republic for a looooooooooooooong time.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You're absolutely correct.

Ever thought that perhaps some of things you believe in or advocate for are part of the problem?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Ever thought that perhaps some of things you believe in or advocate for are part of the problem?

Sure. I'm far from perfect.

You?
edit on 18-4-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Sure. I'm far from perfect.

You?

I'm as imperfect as they come.

It's nice of you to be completely honest. Wish more were so willing.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You said it sounds like a republic ?

Last time I checked the USA is a republic and not a democracy.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Quite true.
Non political example: I don't care to hear Justin Beiber at all and I make quite an effort not to hear him. At the same time if i hear his music in public, I really can only walk away(hard to ignore really). Trying to stop the person playing their music even though I don't agree with the performer is wrong, especially if people paid and came to see him perform. Likewise I would expect the same when I enjoy my music.
Also if i was to decide to tease Beiber fans I would most likely have to watch a Ytube video of him just to find ammunition for my ridicule of him.. I really can't recall much about him even enough to direct my hate of him, I really just haven't been paying enough attention to the Beib.

peace
Anti-Beiber isn't political yet.. right?

edit on 4/18/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/18/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Non Trump supporters are being dragged out by 'rent a cops'. There are a lot of protesters outside. My housemate is texting with someone who took a job in security and her comment was 'disgusting', 'they are dragging people out'. With thousands of protesters outside...it is a volaitile situation. He is really not wanted here. He reserved a large venue, but most upper levels are empty.

This is a developing story.

I am a little worried for where I live tonight.

Here is an earlier link

link

Trump get out of this city!

I am usually a lurker but I had to respond to this. I was just at the rally, walking around looking at the people on both sides. The periscope video in that link was shot at the one end of the "protester area" where all of the media were stationed with their cameras. I was standing on the other side of that gate to the left of what you see on the video watching this go down.

There were not thousands of protesters. It was maybe 100+ people across the street from the FN Arena. There were also very few confrontations outside the venue because they opened the doors early so Trump supporters were not lined up outside where conflicts could occur with the protesters.

Walking back to my car I did see about 80 police officers with long wooden sticks staging at one end of the parking lot outside.

I actually can't stop laughing about the "thousands of protesters" there were seriously only a little over one hundred outside and being generous, I would say a hundred more inside

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Don't worry Beieber was born in Canada. But we dont want him back so you guys can keep him.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Honestly, I'd just like someone to give me an update on what the hell happened tonight without having to read the entire thread.

What happened at the rally?

Some bernouts showed up and got dragged out and reldra doesn't like it.

Anyone that stands-up for the right to free speech should not like it either. It's sad that we have to disrupt speeches and toss people out of these events simply because someone wants their voice heard.

I'm actually not too much of a Bernie fan, but I respect what he did when the BLM people rushed his stage. He let them have their moment in which their voices could be heard.

I wish Trump would do the same.

Ya know what?

Let them get their own friggin rallies and spout anything they want, like normal people.

Thank YOU!

That would mean using common sense.

If they want to be heard they can rent out the same venue as easily as Bernie or Trump, then they can say what they want without interrupting anyone.

I guess it's easier to let someone else do all the hard work and front the money for an event.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I hate Hillary, but if she came to my town, I wouldn't care.

If stupid people do stupid things, stupid things happen. These disruptors are the only stupid ones there. The event isn't for them.

Then you start a thread to whine about it? You will move to Canada if Trump is elected?

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Who is Justin Beaver ?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Who is Justin Beaver ?

He is the guy who was just in...eh, nevermind

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

Trump will never get elected. He is a joke. Anyone who can't see through his lies and how phony he is is purely naive and gullible.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I am not saying he will get elected. He has a good chance at this point, though.

Lies? A politician lies? No! Compared to the others in the race, I would put him as the 2nd most honest of the crappy bunch. At least he says what he feels.

To me, bernie would be the most honest, followed by trump, with cruz and hillary at the bottom. Just my opinion based only on honesty.

My point previously was about the stupid disrupters being stupid.

Cue Forest Gump voice...stupid is as stupid does

edit on 19-4-2016 by gator2001 because: To add

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

That's about it. Not sure why this rally got it's own thread.
SSDD

To point out Trump's thug tactics. The event was local to me. It is an issue that is important to me, so I created a thread. Is that not the purpose of a forum?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I did not see any thug tactics.

He was at the event, and did not mention thug tactics: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did not see any news reports of thug tactics.

Don't blame Trump for the actions of a few disruptive people. Anyone who acts like a jerk deserves to be removed.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I cannot tell if the Sanders crowd is just that indoctrinated or just that full of hate, to be so far out of line with reality.

Go to a movie, and stand up and start chanting something. You are going to get kicked out.
Go to a sporting even, stand up and start being disruptive, you are going to get kicked out

Somehow

Go to a Trump rally, Sanders' supporters, stand up and start being disruptive, and wow, they get kicked out. Only a Sanders supporter could think that outcome is hateful and bullying. It's only the same outcome that will happen in any other venue

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join