It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie, The Birdie and the Pope....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
On the eve of New York's primary I find myself trying to remain hopeful that Bernie will prevail over Hillary Clinton. It seems every dirty trick in the book has been used to minimize Bernie's overwhelming support in NY....crowds of 25k+ people, and according to the NYPD the numbers were much higher ! All we heard on the MSM was how foolish it was for Sander's to be going to the Vatican, when he SHOULD be campaigning in NY like good old Hillary ! Does anyone really believe Hillary will be playing dominoes anytime soon with elderly Latino's...give me a break !

Meanwhile MSM just glossed over that the Pope took time out of his schedule to briefly meet with Bernie Sanders. Both men have said it was not a political endorsement, however they both seem to admire each other. Like Bernie, I don't follow organized religion, but I do believe there is a spiritual connection to something bigger then ourselves that we don't fully understand.

Some may say that the little bird that landed on Bernie's podium was just a fluke, some may say Bernie meeting the pope was just a fluke.....I see it as a "sign".....Bernie Sanders is a moral man and I hope the next POTUS...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Walk into A bar.

The Pope orders a drink, Bernie orders a drink, and the Birdie orders a drink.

When it was time to pay, both Bernie and the Pope didn't have any money and said to put it on the birdies bill.

Sorry, but that's what comes to mind when I think of the three things.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL...well....that was funny anyways !

I think Bernie is trying to prevent criminals from taking all our money.......I guess this comes down to how one believes our collective wealth / taxes should be spent.

I heard when the bar bill came, the birdie flew the coop...

edit on 18-4-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

At best it will be another close race but I'm thinking Clinton has NY locked in, just like Trump.

NY has a closed primary which means you can only vote for a D or R and you have to be registered and affiliated to one party and can only vote for that party. So all the Independents and unaffiliated are locked out unless they register as a D or R. Stupid, right?

Then, the NY election board decided to have a deadline way back in October for registering or changing your party. Guess who didn't know about this? Pretty much all of NY, except for those few weirdos who surf the NY election board site regularly. So a lot of people aren't able to vote or vote for the party they want because they couldn't change affiliations in time (see: Trump's kids).

Guess how many people knew who they were voting for back in October? Dirty tricks afoot and they're in Clinton's favor!

Funny, for the General election the deadline to register or change party is like 25 days before the freakin' election!

edit on 18-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That was pretty damn clever.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I still haven't decided on who I will vote for. Well, I know I won't be voting for Hillary but I just get a general bad vibe from her. I can't explain it really but I tend to go with a gut feeling like that.

Both D and R have been pulling some pretty low and in my humble opinion dirty tricks this go round. Why do they fear Trump and Sanders so much? That makes me think either one of them is better than Clinton and Cruz simply because they are being played games against.

Screw it I might just give my vote to Misha Collins! Lmao

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah.....very discouraging. When we have the DNC basically "legally" money laundering funds into the Clinton campaign and Good old Debbie W. outright saying that super delegates are deigned to make sure no "rogue" candidates can get the nomination....it's hard to remain optimistic. It's ridiculous to make people jump through all these hoops to vote in the primary to begin with...but changing the rules and keeping it on the down low is pretty sleezy !

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Walk into A bar.

The Pope orders a drink, Bernie orders a drink, and the Birdie orders a drink.

When it was time to pay, both Bernie and the Pope didn't have any money and said to put it on the birdies bill.

Sorry, but that's what comes to mind when I think of the three things.

Sounds more like the Republicans running up the Debt, Bushie, Wimpy Bush and Alzheimer Reagan. Put it on my Tab.
edit on 18-4-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

At best it will be another close race but I'm thinking Clinton has NY locked in, just like Trump.

NY has a closed primary which means you can only vote for a D or R and you have to be registered and affiliated to one party and can only vote for that party. So all the Independents and unaffiliated are locked out unless they register as a D or R. Stupid, right?

I hope this won't be the case. Sanders has had massive NY crowds. I was one of the unlucky who;s voter designation was strangely changed from 'democrat' to 'independent'. I had a thread about it. I wasn't able to have anything done about it. They refused. From local forums and reddit, though, most have democrat on their card.

I will be very sad to not be able to vote in a primary in so many years. I will take pictures of the polling place 2 blocks from my house though.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: YachiruKusajishi

Screw it I might just give my vote to Misha Collins! Lmao

I would back him in a second!! Cas for prez!
edit on 18-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yay! He has two votes!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: YachiruKusajishi

I agree....I don't think this bell can be un-rung ......The people are making it VERY CLEAR we don't want a President who is beholden to powerful special interests. I'm not sure who I will vote for if Bernie isn't the nominee ...I just don't see myself going with Trump or Hillary.

If Gary Johnson could get 5% of the vote it would pave the way for 3rd party candidates in the future.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: YachiruKusajishi

Yay! He has two votes!

Or sam?

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

LOL......yup..."I'll gladly pay you minimum wage for the burgers you'll be flipping tomorrow once I ship your job out of the country ! "

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Misha is older and can legally run for prez. How about Sam for VP?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'll have to check out your thread....man I would be mad if I were you ! I had to switch from an Independent to a Democratic to vote here in CA primaries for Bernie. I'll look forward to seeing your pics and hearing your perspective of how the voting goes in NY !

Not sure about Cas for President, lol, but he's a cutie pie !

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
a reply to: YachiruKusajishi

I agree....I don't think this bell can be un-rung ......The people are making it VERY CLEAR we don't want a President who is beholden to powerful special interests. I'm not sure who I will vote for if Bernie isn't the nominee ...I just don't see myself going with Trump or Hillary.

If Gary Johnson could get 5% of the vote it would pave the way for 3rd party candidates in the future.

I looked at all parties and also took multiple quizzes over the year that would match me with a candidate. Based on my views and their views. Bernie Sanders was always first. In regard to Libertrians, John McAfee always came up. For reublicans, early on, Lyndsey Graham.

Gary Johnson had lower matching stats to me.
edit on 18-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

I think Bernie is trying to prevent criminals from taking all our money.....

No, he wants to be the criminal taking all of our money.

Theft is theft, whether it's perpetrated by a corporation, the state, or (ever increasingly) both working together to screw you.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
[a reply to: reldra

Yeah.....I would more consider Gary Johnson to pave the way for 3rd party candidates. At this point I think this is more about making a STRONG statement that We the People are sick of having 2 corporate owned parties controlling the political process. I don't agree with Bernie on everything, but I believe we don't have a chance to transform our Nation away from a rigged political and economic system, basically an Oligarchy, unless we rise up in mass.

edit on 18-4-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This might interest you.

New Yorkers File Emergency Lawsuit To Give Voting Rights Back To 3.2 Million People

With less than 24 hours until the presidential primary, a group of New Yorkers who saw their party affiliations mysteriously switched are filing a lawsuit Monday seeking to open the state’s closed primary so that they can cast a ballot. New York has the earliest change-of-party deadline in the country — registered independent voters who wanted to participate in Tuesday’s presidential primary had to change their party by last October.

Many voters missed that deadline — or thought they met it, only to have paperwork get lost in the mail — and are disenfranchised as a result. The lawsuit is asking for an emergency declaratory judgment that would make Tuesday’s primary open, meaning any registered New York voter could cast a ballot in either party’s primary.

I doubt anything will come of it by tomorrow but you're not alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join